Q&A Leupold Ultra M3A 10x Field Eval

Moose83

Lil-Rokslider
Has to be made for each scope.
If it can be made, would you think this is worthwhile for an older bushnell elite tactical fixed 10x. It's been reliable for me and I don't mind the mil-dot reticle, but after using mils on my swfa 3-15 the moa dial is quite annoying. Or do I just save up some more and import an swfa 10x milquad?

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
If it can be made, would you think this is worthwhile for an older bushnell elite tactical fixed 10x. It's been reliable for me and I don't mind the mil-dot reticle, but after using mils on my swfa 3-15 the moa dial is quite annoying. Or do I just save up some more and import an swfa 10x milquad?

Yes it will work, the issue with doing so on those Bushnells is the limited travel per rotation. One of the reasons this works so well on the 10x Leupold is because of the 1 MOA per click turrets- there is 57 MOA per rev on it, which comes out to 16.5 mils. One turn gets lots of travel.
With a .25 MOA click scope and limited MOA per rev, it’s going to be weird when you go to the 2nd and 3rd rev.

Moose83

Lil-Rokslider
Yes it will work, the issue with doing so on those Bushnells is the limited travel per rotation. One of the reasons this works so well on the 10x Leupold is because of the 1 MOA per click turrets- there is 57 MOA per rev on it, which comes out to 16.5 mils. One turn gets lots of travel.
With a .25 MOA click scope and limited MOA per rev, it’s going to be weird when you go to the 2nd and 3rd rev.
I kinda figured It would be like that. I think it has 10 moa per Rev which if my math is right is about 2.8 mils. It'll definitely be more confusing than need be. Oh well... an swfa 10x it is then. Thanks