Trijicon Credo 3-9x40mm Q&A

Sandstrom

WKR
Form, or anyone else for that matter, do you happen to know of the Huron and Ascent lines have the same internals? Or to be phrased differently, should I expect similar results from a 3-9 Huron? (299 currently at Eurooptic has me quite curious)
I called Trijacon, and asked them a similar question a while ago, they were very helpful. My question was on dialing and internals for the capped Huron and Ascent. They said they are fine for repeated dialing and the same as other scopes that are designed to dial with an exposed turret. The part I can’t remember is if it was the same as the credo. Easy enough to call them and ask, very friendly and receptive on the phone.
Ryan

Gutshotem

WKR
If I understand correctly the accupoint is the same scope with the exception of tritium replacing the electronic illuminated reticle? I'm in need of something to top a fieldcraft and would like to keep things as light and simple as possible. The accupoint comes in almost 4oz lighter than the 3-9 credo.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
If I understand correctly the accupoint is the same scope with the exception of tritium replacing the electronic illuminated reticle? I'm in need of something to top a fieldcraft and would like to keep things as light and simple as possible. The accupoint comes in almost 4oz lighter than the 3-9 credo.

Accupower has the LED. I don't see that they make this model anymore. I think it was replaced by the credo.
Accupoint has the tritium / fiber.

I cant comment if its the same scope internally.

gerry35

WKR
For what its worth…had to do a throw-leverectomy on the scope for my wifes kimber. I masked off the scope and everything below the cut line. Used a handheld hacksaw to cut the bulk of it off, then a dremel to clean it up. Finished with some 220grit on a sanding block followed by regular old black automotive etching primer. Now the throw lever is a non issue. Bummer because I really like the throw lever, its just in a stupid position and way sharper than it needs to be.
On the plus side, this gun that I could never get to shoot very well is now consistently putting 5 shots into an inch, which is less than half the size of the smallest groups it ever shot wearing “that other scope”, using the same ammo.

View attachment 619743
Nice clean job. I could see that lever being an issue on left hand rifles too.

For what its worth…had to do a throw-leverectomy on the scope for my wifes kimber. I masked off the scope and everything below the cut line. Used a handheld hacksaw to cut the bulk of it off, then a dremel to clean it up. Finished with some 220grit on a sanding block followed by regular old black automotive etching primer. Now the throw lever is a non issue. Bummer because I really like the throw lever, its just in a stupid position and way sharper than it needs to be.
On the plus side, this gun that I could never get to shoot very well is now consistently putting 5 shots into an inch, which is less than half the size of the smallest groups it ever shot wearing “that other scope”, using the same ammo.

View attachment 619743
Your work is much prettier than mine. I wish Trijicon would fix the issue. A removable throw lever would make much more sense.

eamyrick

WKR

Just saw that in features these are listed as drop tested. Based on the performance and the features I think one of these is going to Alaska with me next fall.

SEtoNWHunter

Lil-Rokslider

I have a couple accupoint 3-9s and a credo 3-9. They are very different scopes. The scope bodies are completely different. The ocular on the credo is much larger. The Credo is heavier as you mentioned. The eyebox on the accupoint is tighter too. I like both scopes but would pick the Credo for a general hunting rifle as it is mil/mil, easier to get behind, etc. Plus credo is cheaper. I would only pick the accupoint 3-9 if weight is a primary consideration. The thing that bugs me the most about the accupoint is the mil dot reticle has MOA adjustments. A small issue for that type of scope though.

Here is my credo on a buck from this year. Taken at 280. No drama at all and I hunted with it a lot.
z70h0wJ.jpg

Last edited:
I have a couple accupoint 3-9s and a credo 3-9. They are very different scopes. The scope bodies are completely different. The ocular on the credo is much larger. The Credo is heavier as you mentioned. The eyebox on the accupoint is tighter too. I like both scopes but would pick the Credo for a general hunting rifle as it is mil/mil, easier to get behind, etc. Plus credo is cheaper. I would only pick the accupoint 3-9 if weight is a primary consideration. The thing that bugs me the most about the accupoint is the mil dot reticle has MOA adjustments. A small issue for that type of scope though.

Here is my credo on a buck from this year. Taken at 280. No drama at all and I hunted with it a lot.
z70h0wJ.jpg
Thanks for the comparison between the credo and Accupoint. I was leaning toward the Accupoint until reading this thread. Between what you and Formidilosus have said about the credo, it seems to fit what I need perfectly.

Nice buck too!

gerry35

WKR
Between the red and green illumination is there a good reason to pick one over the other or is it just personal preference? Thinking of the green mil version. Not sure I like the reticle, seems kind of thin when not illuminated and considering the Huron even though it's not illuminated.

Caseknife

Lil-Rokslider
I've got the green MOA reticle, not on the rifle yet, but the center crosshairs are easily seen without illumination.

ddowning

Lil-Rokslider
Different scope, but I prefer green except on white targets. Even then green shows up pretty good when you turn up the brightness.

Luke S

Lil-Rokslider
I'd love to know more about the Huron line. Mine seems to be holding up. Common sense seems to indicate with Trijicon's record it would be at least as good as my SWFA 2.5-10 scope (which I might replace).

jamesmc8

Lil-Rokslider
Just wanted to share about a lesson I learned the hard way with my Credo 3-9x40. I too was having an issue with the throw lever hitting the bolt handle on my Howa Mini. Seeing that others had cut off the throw lever I elected to do the same. First I removed the screw inside the throw lever not wanting to damage or cut it in the process.

If you decide to cut off the throw lever DO NOT REMOVE THE SCREW INSIDE THE LEVER!!! This screw is used for the nitrogen gas. Removing it can allow the gas to leak out and compromise the anti-fogging properties of the scope. If you cut/grind off the throw lever do it just above the screw and leave the screw in place!

Thankfully I was able to connect with Trijicon Customer service and they were able to repair my scope. Their customer service is awesome and Trijicon is a very well run company whom I highly recommend. Hope others can learn from my mistake :/

SEtoNWHunter

Lil-Rokslider
In case someone is looking for one of these, Lanbo’s Armory has a few of the mil square reticles in stock for $416. Total with shipping was $426 for me.

Red: https://lanbosarmory.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=15&products_id=55630

Green: https://lanbosarmory.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=15&products_id=53430

Thanks for posting! This is a smoking deal. Cheapest I've ever seen. It can be tough to find these for $500. $425 is a steal. This is cheaper than Trijicon's bottom of the line the Huron and Ascent. I picked up another red mil square version.