Trijicon Credo 3-9x40mm Q&A

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Q&A for Trijicon Credo 3-9x40mm Field Eval

Rob5589

WKR
Doing the Lord's work as usual. How was the eye relief and eyebox? I hear negative things about them.
Eye relief is very good throughout the entire mag range, not finicky at all. I really like this scope for a set and forget optic. And with it doing relatively well in the drop test makes it just that much better. Here's my quick review of mine.

I wish the large drops hadn’t shifted it, but that’s still pretty decent for a simple 3-9 1” hunting scope.

i had been considering one for a whitetail tree stand rifle but was worried the 1” was way less durable than the 30mm. Seems like it could handle that role fine

WKR
Thanks to everyone involved for testing this scope. I've been hoping to pick one of these up assuming it held up comparably to the larger credo tested.

Last edited:

yycyak

Lil-Rokslider
Why are Vortex rings used instead of 1" Sportsmatch (or other "Proven" rings?) Any concern that there could be uncontrolled variables introduced by using these Vortex rings?

Bore sight and zeroing:
The scope was mounted acceding to the instructions on the Vortex Pro rings- 35 in-lbs on base screws, 18in-lbs on ring caps.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
This performance wouldn't work for me. Let's say you miss a shot. Go to the range, next one is good - who caused the miss, you or the scope? No way to tell - no way to improve.

Yes and no. First it is a SFP, duplex reticle scope. For what it’s used for, it honestly wouldn’t matter- you aren’t missing a deer at 300 yards because of a 3” shift, and that’s from 9x three foot drops. A scope that consistently held zero through single 36” drops, most people will never have a problem with. My guess is the shift on the last part isn’t due to lack of quality, just simply due to its limitations of size/weight.
I am in no way saying that’s ok, just the reality. It’s probably as lightweight and simple a scope can get and still be decent in function. For someone bound and determined to have a “normal” 1” tubes scope, it will probably be by far the best choice available.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Why are Vortex rings used instead of 1" Sportsmatch (or other "Proven" rings?) Any concern that there could be uncontrolled variables introduced by using these Vortex rings?

Sportsmatch are never used on these Evals as the eval rifle has a bonded picatinny rail on it. Vortex Pro Series rings aren’t made by Vortex, they are made by Seekins and branded for Vortex. They aren’t my choice for rings, however legit 1” rings are relatively hard to come by. When mounting this scope initially, the 1” pic rings I had been using broke the main bolt. This is what was available locally.

While not my preference, they aren’t causing any issues either.

Hagas4all

FNG
Can you add an eval portion testing point of impact at high and low magnification? I just found this problem with one of my SFP Trijicon accupoint scopes.

WKR
This trijicon seems to line up relatively close by price and weight with the SWFA 3-9. Saving the capped turrets and keeping in mind it is also available in a mil reticle, could you please share your more subjective opinions on these two offerings? Turret feel, finish, glass, etc.?

Thank you kindly.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
This trijicon seems to line up relatively close by price and weight with the SWFA 3-9. Saving the capped turrets and keeping in mind it is also available in a mil reticle, could you please share your more subjective opinions on these two offerings? Turret feel, finish, glass, etc.?

Thank you kindly.

There’s no comparison, the SWFA 3-9x is a much better general purpose field scope.

The SWFA 3-9x-

- has proven to be an extremely reliable and durable scope line even under extreme use.

- has a superior reticle for all ranges

- is FFP that has a visible reticle at all powers and lighting conditions

The Credo 3-9x40mm is a replacement for the “Leupold 3-9x set and forget useer”, not for the SWFA.

freddyG

WKR
IMO, A scope that shifts 3” at 100 yds is junk. Doesn’t matter if it’s a Nightforce, leupold, Trijicon....

IMO, A scope that shifts 3” at 100 yds is junk. Doesn’t matter if it’s a Nightforce, leupold, Trijicon....
Keep in mind the 1.5” (not 3”) shift was only after the 9 consecutive 3’ drops. That’s never going to happen in real use. Whether it passes the back seat zero retention portion, we will see. But that the single impacts and the truck rides are much more relevant. Especially with a scope of this nature

KenLee

WKR
Can you add an eval portion testing point of impact at high and low magnification? I just found this problem with one of my SFP Trijicon accupoint scopes.
56mm Accupoint #5 came in today. I've not seen an impact shift with magnification change, but strange things certainly can happen. My other 4 are on two 300wsm, one 300wm and one 30-06.

This one is going on a pink rifle, so it should get a hardy banging/dropping test soon. Newbie shooter and hunter. Only rifle she had ever shot until recently was a 22lr.
First time shooting a TC Venture youth 243 last month, she put four three shot groups all within 1.2 inches at 100 yards. 100 gr cheap Winchester blue box power shock ammo.
Newbie grown men almost never shoot like that.
This Accupoint is going on a Savage 110 in 6.5 with accustock. On average I find women shoot rifles on paper better than men...with low recoil rifles. That is if they have any legitimate interest and aren't just pacifying the man by being there.
Sorry for the off topic comments.

freddyG

WKR
Keep in mind the 1.5” (not 3”) shift was only after the 9 consecutive 3’ drops. That’s never going to happen in real use. Whether it passes the back seat zero retention portion, we will see. But that the single impacts and the truck rides are much more relevant. Especially with a scope of this nature
You are right, it’s not 3”, although a scope of “any nature” should work well enough not to shift.