Mtn Lion Ban Filed in Colorado

jpr9954

FNG
Your guess would be correct. Wayne Pacelle, disgraced former Humane Society CEO, is bankrolling most of it.
I would make a big deal of this. Wayne Pacelle, of course, but also that it is outsiders trying to tell Coloradans what they should or shouldn't do. Call them out as carpetbaggers or flatlanders or what other name you choose.

Bcskier

FNG
New to the forms here. I’m a Colorado resident and have tried to have the most conversations I can possibly have about this with all my peers. Most not hunters. When explained they almost always agree that this is not a good initiative. I’m optimistic this won’t go through. Also instead of buying my parks pass through my registration I used that money to make a donation to Coloradoans for responsible wildlife.

CoMulies

FNG
Anyone have any info on where the prop currently stands? Are they on track to hit the signature threshold?

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thank you, appreciate the share. So this will be going to the ballot then, huh?
The way I understood it is if the signatures check out then yes, sounds like they have enough signatures turned it, but they have to pass the validation test. It would be awesome if they faked a bunch of signatures and got busted but its probably unlikely.

The way I understood it is if the signatures check out then yes, sounds like they have enough signatures turned it, but they have to pass the validation test. It would be awesome if they faked a bunch of signatures and got busted but its probably unlikely.
Yeah I agree with you. The only thing is the people getting the signatures get paid per signature. They could fake signatures and make easy money. I guess we will see in a few weeks.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Howl reported that the signatures checked out so this will be on the ballot. CRWM needs everyone who was on the sidelines waiting to see to step up now and organizations to actively talk about this and encourage action. A strong campaign to make sure this gets voted down by the public is needed now.

Howl reported that the signatures checked out so this will be on the ballot. CRWM needs everyone who was on the sidelines waiting to see to step up now and organizations to actively talk about this and encourage action. A strong campaign to make sure this gets voted down by the public is needed now.
Thanks for the update. This is a must win for us!

We need to mail out some info packets or something to voters who might be on the fence. Also need to pay for some adds and commercials. Need to educate and sway people that don’t know better

It might seem uncomfortable to some but a good way to get in the fight RIGHT NOW is talking to people you know and just giving them the full story. I have talked to a ton of people in my local community and church who had no idea this was a thing (or that it would be on the ballot) and agree that what's being pushed is dumb. Having a brief conversation with a reasonable person goes a long way. Send some texts and emails just as FYI's to people who you think might care. Most hunters I know were surprised at this information. Find a way to articulate your position in about 5 minutes and most people are happy to listen. People's ears also perk up when I tell them that all CO tax payers will be paying to manage mountain lions if this passes.

RyanT26

WKR
Not that I’m aware of.
The vote is coming up very soon. Not to be a dickhead, but it doesn’t cost that much money to run an Instagram page or go on podcasts. What are crwm and howl doing other then begging for donations?
When I was in Colorado scouting last month, I was hoping to see a billboard or hear a radio ad.

intunegp

WKR
I've been thinking of putting something together to distribute around my neighborhood/community to try and educate people that may not have any other information about the matter and would otherwise only see "ban trophy hunting" on their ballot.

I was going to print out this:

CPW Bobcats, Mountain Lions, and Lynx

and use the following (mostly copied and pasted from CRWM and the CPW document) as a cover sheet:

VOTE NO ON PROPOSITION 127
In recent years, Colorado has become the battleground for a movement threatening not just the hunting tradition, but the very essence of wildlife management. This is not merely a local issue; it’s a ripple that could stir waves across all states. The assault on Colorado’s hunting community and wildlife managers is a precursor to what sportsmen across America might face.

Over the last 5 years, relentless attempts have been made to undermine the regulated harvest of Colorado Mountain Lions and Bobcats. The onslaught has now escalated with Proposition 127 (formerly Proposed Initiative 91), which aims to strip away the very foundation of Science-Based Wildlife Management. By doing so, it seeks to deprive Colorado’s Wildlife Managers and the sporting community of their rights to manage, pursue, and harvest these well-regulated species. THERE IS NO EVIDENCE TO SUGGEST STATEWIDE MOUNTAIN LION OR BOBCAT POPULATIONS ARE DECREASING UNDER CURRENT SUSTAINABLE MANAGEMENT!

The proponents of this initiative are wielding misinformation as their weapon. They’ve coined the term “Trophy Hunting” to mislead the public and potential voters, veiling their true intentions behind a facade of concern over fair chase, cruelty, and mismanagement. We, the Coloradans for Responsible Wildlife Management, a 501(C-4) organization, have embarked on a painstaking journey of legal, educational, and logistical endeavors to quash this unfounded initiative. By law, under Title 33 C.R.S, hunters are required to prepare lion (big game) for human consumption, and hunters and trappers are required to present the head and hide of lions and the hide of bobcats for mandatory checks. It is unlawful for a person:

▶ (I) To hunt or take, or to solicit another person to hunt or take, wildlife and detach or remove, with the intent to abandon the carcass or body, only the head, hide, claws, teeth, antlers, horns, internal organs, or feathers or any or all of such parts;

▶ (II) To intentionally abandon the carcass or body of taken wildlife; or

▶ (III) To take and intentionally abandon wildlife.

Our mission is clear – to halt the advance of this anti-hunting agenda before it morphs into a nationwide ban on ALL HUNTING. The stakes are high, transcending beyond the borders of Colorado, beyond the fate of Mountain Lions and Bobcats. This is a clarion call to all hunters, anglers, and true conservationists across the United States. Your support is indispensable in this battle against misinformation and for the preservation of our rich wildlife heritage.