Maven RS1.2 2.5-15x44 new model

OP
Dioni A

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Shoot2HuntU
You dropped it 12 times and it hit in the center of where most of your shots landed. That one that's out isn't very far out if it is at all from what your guns cone seems to be and I wouldn't call those conditions super ideal.

I'm putting that as a check mark in the pass category.

Nice work @sndmn11 thank you for your time and ammo.

sndmn11

WKR
Initial
View attachment 636173

Drop group
View attachment 636175

If I'm seeing this correctly, .5" grid, original group was 1.5" cone, with center of cone around the top right of the dot.

On the drop group, top left shots are still technically within, though on the very edge of, the 1.5" cone.

Bottom shot that came after the 36" top drop, is .5" out of the cone?

Sir please re do with 50 round groups. Thanks.

Whoops, forgot the picture.

PXL_20231203_191515722~4.jpg

Possibly it is out of the cone, maybe it isn't. Some might look at one of those shots in the 5 round post-drop and then expand the cone.

Some might say it shifted zero.

Some might say the trigger puller is cute but not a machine. He's ok with anyone here saying he isn't an impressive shooter.

I think it's one test of several and hope to see others as well.

ztc92

Lil-Rokslider

View attachment 636190

Possibly it is out of the cone, maybe it isn't. Some might look at one of those shots in the 5 round post-drop and then expand the cone.

Some might say the trigger puller is cute but not a machine. He's ok with anyone here saying he isn't an impressive shooter.

Thank you for doing this, you’ve set the bar high. I don’t have plans to video mine but I hope to have a similar end product via photos when it’s all done. Out of curiosity have you shot other 10+ shot groups with this gun/ammo combo and if so, what is an average size?

View attachment 636190

Was being a bit sarcastic, doesn't always translate well. 5 Shot after drop group has one down there too. Call it a 2moa base cone and looks like maven is onto something.

Appreciate you burning some powder for the greater good, thank you!

sndmn11

WKR
Was being a bit sarcastic, doesn't always translate well. 5 Shot after drop group has one down there too. Call it a 2moa base cone and looks like maven is onto something.

Appreciate you burning some powder for the greater good, thank you!

I'm ok with sarcasm, but think you're comment(s) were factual and constructive. They shouldn't be ignored and the door is open for multiple possibilities of a conclusion. There's room for criticism, some is self appointed, there's probably also room for "excuses". I think how I will get to any conclusion is more evaluation on my own, and blending in results from others (if that occurs).

Thank you for doing this, you’ve set the bar high. I don’t have plans to video mine but I hope to have a similar end product via photos when it’s all done. Out of curiosity have you shot other 10+ shot groups with this gun/ammo combo and if so, what is an average size?

Theres more groups in this link with the others I have done. I think shooter/rifle/ammo history is 1.5-2" ish. I actually shot my Nightforce worse today proofing the setup.
Post in thread 'Rokstock' https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/rokstock.329754/post-3371236

OP
Dioni A

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Shoot2HuntU
I'm ok with sarcasm, but think you're comment(s) were factual and constructive. They shouldn't be ignored and the door is open for multiple possibilities of a conclusion. There's room for criticism, some is self appointed, there's probably also room for "excuses". I think how I will get to any conclusion is more evaluation on my own, and blending in results from others (if that occurs).

Theres more groups in this link with the others I have done. I think shooter/rifle/ammo history is 1.5-2" ish. I actually shot my Nightforce worse today proofing the setup.
Post in thread 'Rokstock' https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/rokstock.329754/post-3371236
With as cold and miserable as it looked as much clothing as you're wearing and getting off of the gun completely and then back on between each shot I think 1.5-2" is a good group.

I would bet most of the quarter minute all day long shooters you talk to on the internet would be hard pressed to shoot better than that in those conditions. Lol

Last edited:

Smenning

Lil-Rokslider

View attachment 636190

Thanks for doing this!!

Those 3 foot drops make me cringe!!

Thank you for doing this. In my opinion that is an impressive result for the maven. I fully expected 6-10 in shifts like we see with some of the “other” scopes. Excited to see more in the future.

sconnieVLP

Lil-Rokslider
After reading all this I may be giving the Maven a shot on my next rifle. Have Trijicons on two right now and like them, but based on how much I like my B.6s and the initial results (thanks @sndmn11 !) this scope has moved up the list of interest.

Juan_ID

WKR
Now the real question, if it proves itself worthy is it $200 better than the trijicon? I am in need of a couple more scopes at the moment… 🤔🤔

amassi

WKR
Now the real question, if it proves itself worthy is it $200 better than the trijicon? I am in need of a couple more scopes at the moment…

If it’s robust 100% worth the upcharge for the reticle
Granted the upcharge is only within the last 5 days when the tenmile dropped below $1K

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Juan_ID

WKR
The reticle was the one thing that I thought stood out the most when I seen it at the nrl finale compared to the others already available.