Maven RS1.2 2.5-15x44 new model

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
As I'm sure many of you did I received an email from Maven yesterday. Looks like they're coming out with a new scope and it seems to share the naming structure and reticle with another scope that did reasonably well on the drop test.

Screenshot_20231108_084930_Gmail.jpg

Hopefully maven has been paying attention because this looks like it could be a home run if it holds zero. It has a practical zoom range, awesome looking simple reticle, capped windage, zero stop and has a reasonable weight.

Big question remains, will it hold zero!?

I almost feel like we should flood them with roksliders calling in and asking the question. If enough of us do it they might feel like it's worth building scopes that hold zero. Seems like they're getting so close to building the scope we want if they didn't just do it with this one.

RS1_2_SHR-MIL_1000x.pngScreenshot_20231108_085130_Chrome.jpg

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I'd like to see the outer parts of the reticle be bolder when zoomed way out (ie graduated) and I'm not sure why the MOA version has a tree and no top post, while mils has much, much less clutter down low, but does have a top post?

100% agree if this thing holds zero, would be like a credo, but with FFP and a more usable reticle. Could be amazing.....

amassi

WKR
I’ve never looked through one but that mil reticle looks useable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nobody

WKR
When I talked to Maven at an NRL competition earlier this year they were very aware of the rokslide tests and trying to replicate them themselves. Zero retention seemed pretty high on their list. Nice to hear a company not just ignore it!
I love hearing this, it gives me hope for this scope. It’s at the top of my list. I was going to pick up a 4-14 SHV F1 as my next optic, but if this checks the boxes it looks like it will, I’ll be placing an order instantaneously

SouthPaw

WKR
Pure speculation: Hopefully someone already has one in hand, and might post drop test results right around the 11/21/23 release date which is conveniently timed right during holiday shopping season.

Regardless, looking forward to learning more on this one. Curious on the reticle thickness, usability, etc

Last edited:
There was recently a guy that posted a pic with an old carpet pad wrapped around his suppressor for a mirage shield who also blurred out the scope in the pic.. Makes me wonder if he's got one of these lil guys.

My opinion from the cheap seats - Reticle looks better than most current options (what's the deal with 22 & 44 on the elevation?). Mag range seems great for hunting about about max mag ratio before i start getting worried about associated compromises. A little lighter wouldn't suck but if it is reliable a few extra ounces are ok. Looks nice Maven.

Ooh, parallax to 10y too for the rimfire folks.

Last edited:

4th_point

WKR
As I'm sure many of you did I received an email from Maven yesterday. Looks like they're coming out with a new scope and it seems to share the naming structure and reticle with another scope that did reasonably well on the drop test.
I got the email yesterday, and it reminds me of the 30mm Tract UHD if you ignore the knobs and simply compare advertised specs.

sndmn11

WKR
They have had that reticle for at least a few years. The RS3s I had were shot a good bit and never lost zero in practice, but did pretty easily in testing. I did like the scopes quite a bit other than the zero stop.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
If you can drop it like a mic and shoot like a nightforce I would buy one with that recticle just to play with.
I love my nightforce but the mil-r and mil-c recticle leave something to be desired.

OP
Dioni A

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
If you can drop it like a mic and shoot like a nightforce I would buy one with that recticle just to play with.
I love my nightforce but the mil-r and mil-c recticle leave something to be desired.
If nightforce had this reticle in all their scopes this sub forum probably wouldn't need to exist.