Low T replacement

7Bartman

WKR
"Low T" is essentially a made-up patho-physiology by pharma. Aside from a few unique cases of hypogonadism, declining testosterone is a normal part of ageing. While testosterone injections will certainly make you feel better/younger/more virile, you have to remember that you're suppressing your endogenous testosterone production and will need additional drugs to get things back up and running once you cycle off. In addition, increased testosterone has been associated with a number of rare, but serious complications, including increased risk of clotting and subsequent CV risk. Last, you're going to basically have to stay on this for life. Not saying it's the worst option for many, but it's important to consider the long game in this algorithm.

hunter4life

Lil-Rokslider
Cockeye,
If you end up with a heart attack or DVT from too much testosterone, then do not say you weren't warned. Starting someone on replacement with a normal level to begin with, and then keeping them at very high levels like you are, has been linked to the above noted diseases in numerous studies. It is essentially malpractice to be doing what you are having done.
No guidelines by the American Urologic Association, or the Endocrine society, recommend this.

I wonder if everyone on hormone replacement therapy, when they were diagnosed, did the physician go through all of the reasons that you were actively doing or not doing that could cause your levels to be low. Did any of them mention any of the things you weren’t doing or could do that could naturally elevate it? I would bet the majority would answer, “no, they just recommended I start on hormone replacement”. Easy fix, money in the bank.

Let’s be honest here, people go into medicine to help people and make money. A lucrative one at that. It’s a business just like anything else. Once again, hormone replacement has its place, but I urge caution as there are legitimate risks involved. Simply educate yourself and weigh the risks vs benefits.

teesquare

FNG
1. Hire a trainer. Pay him well. This is an investment in YOU. Your future.
2. Be at the gym at least 3 times a week. 1 hour 3 times a week is enough to get going.
3. Mix functional training with treadmill or bike and resistance ( weight) training.
4. Avoid processed foods - with all of the added chemicals that screw up your body's hormonal balance - AVOID SOY.....and soy is used almost much as corn.
And - lastly - talk to your Dr. about the use of Clomiphene instead of synthetic testosterone. Clomiphene causes your body to produce natural testosterone - in the correct balance of the various component chemicals that in aggregate - we cal "testosterone".

Cockeye

WKR
Wow, so much miss information from guys that think they know whats what. If you are on T or looking to go on T please listen to your doctor and do your research thats not forum based. Don't believe most stuff in this post.

Low T doesn't always effect sex drive and normally can't be upped by diet and exercise. Low T can effect bone strength, muscle loss and a number of other bodily function that can be detrimental if not treated.

I shoot up every two weeks and my T numbers are spot on half way through the 2 week cycle. I don't have highs or lows during the cycle, I've spaced the shot and went a month between shots with no differences so the guys spouting off about needing to shoot up weekly might need to but it might not be best for everyone.
Hey bud I agree with your post. But most general doctors want mess with testosterone. I’m lucky I have encro doctor because I’m type 1 diabetic and I go to trt clinic and I have Hillary Lampers as a consultant for me as to check labs and to give advice. Me and good buddy took our test the same week. I’m 49 with 525 normal T and he’s 37 with a 225 T. All my doctors said I could use a boost and his told him to control it with diet and exercise. In month I’ve already seen - 1 point on my a1c which for type 1 diabetic is pretty awesome. Point is if your thinking this could be problem for you anybody can order labs but it definitely takes specialty doctor to get you straightened out since it’s more than just T count.

Cockeye

WKR
Cockeye,
If you end up with a heart attack or DVT from too much testosterone, then do not say you weren't warned. Starting someone on replacement with a normal level to begin with, and then keeping them at very high levels like you are, has been linked to the above noted diseases in numerous studies. It is essentially malpractice to be doing what you are having done.
No guidelines by the American Urologic Association, or the Endocrine society, recommend this.
I think I’m in good hands since I’m being seen by 3 different doctors two different encro one that specializes In type 1 diabetes and 1 that specializes in hormone treatment and then I have Hillary Lampers as consulted on blood works.

Split toe

WKR
"Low T" is essentially a made-up patho-physiology by pharma. Aside from a few unique cases of hypogonadism, declining testosterone is a normal part of ageing. While testosterone injections will certainly make you feel better/younger/more virile, you have to remember that you're suppressing your endogenous testosterone production and will need additional drugs to get things back up and running once you cycle off. In addition, increased testosterone has been associated with a number of rare, but serious complications, including increased risk of clotting and subsequent CV risk. Last, you're going to basically have to stay on this for life. Not saying it's the worst option for many, but it's important to consider the long game in this algorithm.
Pretty spot on advice

I'm with zap. I was diagnosed with Low T, used the creams/gels with good results but quit due to some heart issues. Then, lo and behold, my wife and I went almost totally organic and whole foods, and nearly a year later discovered I actually had slightly better results in my T level than with the creams! Lots of venison, wild caught fish, and vegeys. Remarkable how that worked....

*zap*

WKR
I'm with zap. I was diagnosed with Low T, used the creams/gels with good results but quit due to some heart issues. Then, lo and behold, my wife and I went almost totally organic and whole foods, and nearly a year later discovered I actually had slightly better results in my T level than with the creams! Lots of venison, wild caught fish, and vegeys. Remarkable how that worked....

A year of a natural food diet is harder than a shot..but..I probably will be told that is a stupid comment. I am still trying to figure out how saying loosing body fat and lifting is harder than taking a shot is a stupid statement.

muddydogs

WKR
A year of a natural food diet is harder than a shot..but..I probably will be told that is a stupid comment. I am still trying to figure out how saying loosing body fat and lifting is harder than taking a shot is a stupid statement.
Maybe it's because every comment you have posted on this thread implies that everyone with low T is a fat lazy slob that eats like crap and has created there own problem and is looking for an easy way out.

Funny thing is I went to the doctor after going to the gym 4 plus days a week for a few years and not seeing any real improvements, always being run down and generally lacking energy. O ya I was also and still am eating a gardens worth of veggies a week, wild game with very little junk food.

Eagle

WKR
I was diagnosed at 27, level was 250. If you looked at me, you’d think I was not a low T candidate. I had been on a paleo/Keto diet for over a year and was training way to hard for CrossFit competitions, and essentially ruined my adrenal system. After four months of eating more carbs and working out at a more normal level, I was in the upper 500’s and felt better. A year later while feeling completely normal, I tested in the upper 200’s again. Decided to never even bother having it tested again because I suffer zero symptoms.

My symptoms were irritability and head fog, caused by adrenal issues, not T levels. The bedroom wasn’t a problem, and as others have said, it effects everyone differently.

I chose not to go on TRT because I don’t think anyone has a handle on how it could effect you 10-20 years down the road. I’m honestly anticipating an epidemic of prostrate and heart issues for guys my age (34) that have been on TRT when we reach our 50’s. I hope I’m wrong, but I’m seven years since first being diagnosed and in as good of shape as I’ve ever been.

Steroids are just like any other treatment. Do it wrong or abuse it and something bad could happen but as long as you have a competent doctor you are fine.

Nothing really to worry about unless you are the type to mess up taking Tylenol.

Scrappy

WKR
I read through this thread this morning and was not liking what I was reading cause I am having a lot of the symptoms. Had a physical yesterday to include blood work. Just got the results and I have low thyroid. I have almost all the symptoms a man can have. Haven't dug into all the good, bad, and ugly of low thyroid but at least it's not low testosterone.

Food for thought for you guys that think you have symptoms of low testosterone, go to the doc for blood work I've actually been dealing with the symptoms for about three years now. Ya I've been a dumba$$.