Guys I need your input on blood pressure. I don’t want to mess up

A note on Medical Providers, Doctor, Physicians, etc.....

Some are REALLY shitty. Like Zero Fs. Poor work ups, diagnosis, etc. Some are burned out. Some are really clueless and Book Smart.

A handful are soooo bad ass. One of her colleagues was a State Champion wrester, is a back country hunter and packer with Llamas, runs bird dogs, etc. A Montana native. He gives back by working as Director for the Fire Dept. He knows his shit. Cares. And I trust him. He is who I run to.

But if you are not fortunate enough to be on the Inside and have the same connections....you can easily get shit.

My primary care is a complete Pansy, frail, zero testosterone dude. We don't mesh well. My wife accompanied me to an appointment for my stroke follow up. She ate him for lunch.

We are actively searching for a new Primary for me. But most are full.

Whole point is.......Get a second at minimum. Get someone who you at least FEELS knows their shit.

Even on an evening of YT vids you can see the vast disparity? across Medical. Statin??? Most prescribe them. Others say they're the Devil. I am kinda in Camp 2.

I did make it out of High School.....and college. But this isn't my specialty.

kthomas

Lil-Rokslider
A note on Medical Providers, Doctor, Physicians, etc.....

Some are REALLY shitty. Like Zero Fs. Poor work ups, diagnosis, etc. Some are burned out. Some are really clueless and Book Smart.

A handful are soooo bad ass. One of her colleagues was a State Champion wrester, is a back country hunter and packer with Llamas, runs bird dogs, etc. A Montana native. He gives back by working as Director for the Fire Dept. He knows his shit. Cares. And I trust him. He is who I run to.

But if you are not fortunate enough to be on the Inside and have the same connections....you can easily get shit.

My primary care is a complete Pansy, frail, zero testosterone dude. We don't mesh well. My wife accompanied me to an appointment for my stroke follow up. She ate him for lunch.

We are actively searching for a new Primary for me. But most are full.

Whole point is.......Get a second at minimum. Get someone who you at least FEELS knows their shit.

Even on an evening of YT vids you can see the vast disparity? across Medical. Statin??? Most prescribe them. Others say they're the Devil. I am kinda in Camp 2.

I did make it out of High School.....and college. But this isn't my specialty.

Doctors are like any other cross section of society.

The majority of them are a combination of: not incredibly intelligent to almost downright stupid, lazy, corrupted, uncaring, substance abusers, unmotivated or motivated by reasons other than wanting the best outcome for you, etc.

And some are awesome.

The latter are much more difficult to find.

I hate talking about something not exciting but I really value your opinions. The real
World advice on here is worth the wait and gold. I just don’t want to do the wrong thing. I don’t like taking medication unless I absolutely have to but if I need to in this case I will so I can live longer. I went to the doctor and they wanted to put me on blood pressure medicine so I asked him if I could check it at home for a couple weeks and come back and I did and this is pretty much what I come back with. My top number which I think is called systolic is usually 130 to 132. So they’re saying it’s a form of hypertension where the top number is high, but the bottom number is normal. When I’m looking at my lower number, though it doesn’t seem too high and I’m afraid if I start blood pressure medication, I won’t have any energy or the light because my blood pressure may be too low, especially on the bottom number or the diastolic number I think it’s called. I’m 46 6”4 and 195 lbs. Thank you all for taking the time to read and share your thoughts. Hope you’re all doing well.
European countries accept normal blood pressure under 140 systolic. They also don’t push meds like we do in America. I wouldn’t be worried at all about not being 120/80.

Doctors are like any other cross section of society.

The majority of them are a combination of: not incredibly intelligent to almost downright stupid, lazy, corrupted, uncaring, substance abusers, unmotivated or motivated by reasons other than wanting the best outcome for you, etc.

And some are awesome.

The latter are much more difficult to find.
Hunerd percent

I wouldn’t take meds for that.

That’s my blood pressure on BP meds.

My BP without meds is 160/100. I’ve been on BP meds since 18. There are some things you can control and some you can’t. I’m 39, run marathons, don’t smoke and eat well. My BP just sucks.