Kifaru customer service

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
G
Nothing against Kifaru (and I was a fanboy for a long time) but over time I discovered other companies that were comparable, so I've slowly sold off much of my Kifaru items, as well as quit listening to the podcast religiously, etc....
Growing pains or not, it seems like a completely different operation since the move to WY as well as the personnel changes. IMO.
Wishing them the best thought, I guess I'm just not as imbedded as in the past.

Podcast definitely hasnt been the same since Frank left in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nobody

WKR
I stopped at their booth at the Expo last year and didn't even get a "who are you" greeting.

Maybe it was the SG hat I was wearing and bag I was holding 🤔
What @CorbLand said. My brother walked up to the maven booth to look at optics in his sweaty, old vortex hat. One of the big dogs walked up, shook his hand and said hi, and offered him to “upgrade that hat” for free since his looked “a little worn out”, which was objectively true. Yeah sure it’s just part of their marketing budget, but competitor’s logos didn’t seem to bother them none.

That said, I walked into the Kuiu booth wearing my SG hat that same day to help my cousin get fitted for a potential pack purchase, and their rep came up to talk to us and was all nice and cozy with us until he noticed my hat. Then he turned into a holier than thou d**k, chest beating their packs and crapping on everyone else’s product offerings. Couldn’t say one thing positive about their packs, only talk down on the competition.

I think any competitor that reacts negatively to a potential client wearing or using gear from their competitors is just insecure of their own product offerings. To me, it means I should steer clear of purchasing anything from them. Healthy competition brings forth innovation, and if someone is afraid of competition, that should tell you all you need to know about their product quality and marketplace longevity. The little bit of interaction I’ve had with Kifaru puts them into that second group, so my limited dollars go elsewhere instead.

OP
G
Aron’s number is all over the internet and he answers texts, or it used to be anyways. He’s always been good about answering DMs too. I’d start there. Even if it isn’t resolved I imagine he can explain the process, but my guess is he will help get it taken care of for you.

I actually have his number but figured he would just refer me to CS. Someone had tagged him on the FB post and i know he is active there and another Kifaru employee had said the issue was escalated to upper management so i’m sure he was aware of the situation. And i’m sure my issue isnt the only one and maybe they’ve had more than they thought they would. But had i got the response that they were out of reserve inventory, etc and i might have to wait longer i would have been fine. But all i got was we can’t help, just return it. They also have a 30 day return policy (acceptable) and a no use policy. So, i couldnt hang on to it any longer or even try it because of their policies.

You see, the thing is, i REALLY wanted to have this frame and have it work, i paid for it and thats all i wanted. But it was like as hard as i tried they were satisfied with me never having an ark frame.

OP
G
To give an update on the issue, the did have the size i needed in stock but it was limited to higher CS management that had access, and from what i gather it is probably returned inventory. And they gave me an incredible 10% discount on this used inventory.

As the cult member i am, i returned my ark frame and bought the new used frame for a 10% discount. So, after a week of back and forth they had what i needed. And i have likely list money returning mine and buying the used one. But here i am, a loyal customer.

CorbLand

WKR
To give an update on the issue, the did have the size i needed in stock but it was limited to higher CS management that had access, and from what i gather it is probably returned inventory. And they gave me an incredible 10% discount on this used inventory.

As the cult member i am, i returned my ark frame and bought the new used frame for a 10% discount. So, after a week of back and forth they had what i needed. And i have likely list money returning mine and buying the used one. But here i am, a loyal customer.

Why would a company have inventory that only higher management can see?

In the old days, Aron probably would've grabbed the frame sheet you need and taken it to the post office himself. He darn sure wouldn't have thrown up his hands and refused to help you because "my computer says I can't do that" while sitting next to a stack of parts that would indeed help you.

TVW

Lil-Rokslider
In the old days, Aron probably would've grabbed the frame sheet you need and taken it to the post office himself. He darn sure wouldn't have thrown up his hands and refused to help you because "my computer says I can't do that" while sitting next to a stack of parts that would indeed help you.

Sounds like that's what happened here once they realized this was on multiple places on the web and wasn't gonna go away for a few days.

hoff1ck

WKR
I actually have his number but figured he would just refer me to CS. Someone had tagged him on the FB post and i know he is active there and another Kifaru employee had said the issue was escalated to upper management so i’m sure he was aware of the situation. And i’m sure my issue isnt the only one and maybe they’ve had more than they thought they would. But had i got the response that they were out of reserve inventory, etc and i might have to wait longer i would have been fine. But all i got was we can’t help, just return it. They also have a 30 day return policy (acceptable) and a no use policy. So, i couldnt hang on to it any longer or even try it because of their policies.

You see, the thing is, i REALLY wanted to have this frame and have it work, i paid for it and thats all i wanted. But it was like as hard as i tried they were satisfied with me never having an ark frame.

That’s a lot of assuming after as much discussion as this has gotten, but I’m glad it all worked out for you in the end. Kifaru isn’t immune to things like this happening, same as Stone Glacier, EXO, etc. I do think in general Kifaru operates in good faith and Snyder seems to do his best to help people. I haven’t interacted with him much and I’m not saying I agree with everything he does, but he’s been eager to answer any bow tuning question I’ve asked him.

hoff1ck

WKR
Having to track down the president of a company to get something done is one example of poor customer service.
My point was it’s a one off and every company has them, but Kifaru will make things right just like most other companies too. It’s easy to assume, but if it bothered me enough to create a thread and FB post about it, I’d go to the source for a resolution instead. There is always growing pains and new employees in expansion. I’m not saying it’s right, but that’s business. Luckily we live in the greatest country in the world and can choose to support whoever we’d like.

OP
G
That’s a lot of assuming after as much discussion as this has gotten, but I’m glad it all worked out for you in the end. Kifaru isn’t immune to things like this happening, same as Stone Glacier, EXO, etc. I do think in general Kifaru operates in good faith and Snyder seems to do his best to help people. I haven’t interacted with him much and I’m not saying I agree with everything he does, but he’s been eager to answer any bow tuning question I’ve asked him.

I didn’t assume much. I was not going to call him on the phone. I’ll save that in case i have a more serious issue. I did tag him in a forum that he is active and often respond to give him a chance to respond. He had been tagged a couple days earlier and had not responded. After i tagged him the post was shut down.

bozeman

WKR
I'd hate to know how much whining/complaining there would be for a 'more serious issue'. wow..... lol

• Haha
Reactions: TVW

CorbLand

WKR
What @CorbLand said. My brother walked up to the maven booth to look at optics in his sweaty, old vortex hat. One of the big dogs walked up, shook his hand and said hi, and offered him to “upgrade that hat” for free since his looked “a little worn out”, which was objectively true. Yeah sure it’s just part of their marketing budget, but competitor’s logos didn’t seem to bother them none.

That said, I walked into the Kuiu booth wearing my SG hat that same day to help my cousin get fitted for a potential pack purchase, and their rep came up to talk to us and was all nice and cozy with us until he noticed my hat. Then he turned into a holier than thou d**k, chest beating their packs and crapping on everyone else’s product offerings. Couldn’t say one thing positive about their packs, only talk down on the competition.

I think any competitor that reacts negatively to a potential client wearing or using gear from their competitors is just insecure of their own product offerings. To me, it means I should steer clear of purchasing anything from them. Healthy competition brings forth innovation, and if someone is afraid of competition, that should tell you all you need to know about their product quality and marketplace longevity. The little bit of interaction I’ve had with Kifaru puts them into that second group, so my limited dollars go elsewhere instead.
When I worked at Sportmans, we had a dude come in with a competitors hat on. He asked about a discount on display binos and I said, "I dont know if I can but I can see if we can get you a better hat." He said ok. I went to my boss and said "hey, dude wants a discount on these binos, can I just give him a free hat to replace his XX hat?" Nope, we gave him 25 bucks off the binos instead of a 4 dollar hat. That was the moment that I learned logic does not dictate many business decisions.

When I worked at Sportmans, we had a dude come in with a competitors hat on. He asked about a discount on display binos and I said, "I dont know if I can but I can see if we can get you a better hat." He said ok. I went to my boss and said "hey, dude wants a discount on these binos, can I just give him a free hat to replace his XX hat?" Nope, we gave him 25 bucks off the binos instead of a 4 dollar hat. That was the moment that I learned logic does not dictate many business decisions.

The store made more with a $25 discount than giving away a $4 hat, so...

Ironically, those were the two most helpful brands.

I even told SG, that their packs were out of my price point and didnt want to waste their time, I was just looking at them. The dude still spent sometime with me and eventually moved onto another customer and then came back when he was done there.

Steve from Exo helped me and was really great. Took the time to help me and answered every question I had. When I told him what pack I was currently using, he had zero bad things to say about them or the company. Just pointed out what they changed to make theirs better. There is a reason I have an Exo pack currently.

When I asked Kifaru, all the dude said was "our frames are better." I asked what makes them better? He responded with "they carry the weight better." Then he noticed that his thumb was bleeding, said something about it. Left, put a band aid on it and stood back behind the booth and talked with people. Never came back.
Steve is top notch for sure when it comes to helping you concerning their packs.

Status
Not open for further replies.