Kifaru customer service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luked

WKR
I have never had a bad experience with Kifaru.
Have had a lot of of their products and still do.
Some I like better than others.
The only 2 times I did anything with their CS was years ago when they were still in CO.
Have a OG Stryker pack for my whitetail set up and the first time i used it one of the Molle webs pulled the stitches out. Called them and CS said send it back in, Got a new one in the mail a few days later.
Second time I stopped in the Store in CO to help get my pack fitted a little better.
They got it fitted to me but after using it i still had to do a lot of adjustments to it.

bozeman

WKR
Flip side to every coin- Some customers are good to lose. Honestly, can never make them happy and they complain all over the interwebs…..once you own your own business it makes more sense, but at times, it’s great to say goodbye 👋.

tony

WKR
I prescribe to the 3 sides to every story.
OP seemed pretty level headed in his FB post and then got banned? Again nobody here knows what went on off FB. From what's posted that seems pretty childish to ban the guy.
I recently picked up a few items off a Kifaru sale and shipping and comms were lightning fast.
Never needed to use their CS though.

It is defiantly a different company since Mel and Patrick are gone. Their forum if you had never been a member wasn't a busy one. But, the information was a gold mine. I've spoke with Mel on the phone with questions and via email. Always fast and super helpful.

Sometimes chasing dollars makes one forget where the dollars come from.

OP
G
Flip side to every coin- Some customers are good to lose. Honestly, can never make them happy and they complain all over the interwebs…..once you own your own business it makes more sense, but at times, it’s great to say goodbye .

I agree, i’ve owned my own business for 18 years. I’ve also been a kifaru customer for 10 and have over $2500 in kifaru gear sitting in my office. Not including the ark frame and have defended them and their products for years. Heck, i was excited because i’m gonna be by Riverton in a few months. Is that the type of customer you’d like to lose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
G
I prescribe to the 3 sides to every story.
OP seemed pretty level headed in his FB post and then got banned? Again nobody here knows what went on off FB. From what's posted that seems pretty childish to ban the guy.
I recently picked up a few items off a Kifaru sale and shipping and comms were lightning fast.
Never needed to use their CS though.

It is defiantly a different company since Mel and Patrick are gone. Their forum if you had never been a member wasn't a busy one. But, the information was a gold mine. I've spoke with Mel on the phone with questions and via email. Always fast and super helpful.

Sometimes chasing dollars makes one forget where the dollars come from.

All i wanted was to swap out a 22” frame for a 25” and they have some in stock but refused to split up because the computer system wouldn’t allow it. I know for a fact, in previous years, Aron would have went to the back, pulled a frame out and shipped it. I also got the excuse that they didn’t want to run out of inventory on the other size frames. So to me, that says they would rather make another sell than to help a customer.

I stopped at their booth at the Expo last year and didn't even get a "who are you" greeting.

Maybe it was the SG hat I was wearing and bag I was holding 🤔

CorbLand

WKR
I stopped at their booth at the Expo last year and didn't even get a "who are you" greeting.

Maybe it was the SG hat I was wearing and bag I was holding 🤔
I mean, if I ran a business, I would view you as a potential new client and would make an extra effort to talk with you.

Why spend resources only talking to those that are going to buy your stuff anyways?

Ucsdryder

WKR
I have had a couple of really good experiences. The stitching ripped on a belt and instead of fixing it, 2” of stitching, they swapped out the belts.

I was having issues with a couple of buckles and they gave me new buckles for free, even after offering to pay. These were when they switched to auto locking buckles.

Last edited:

JDB9818

WKR
I have owned a bunch of Kifaru gear over the years. I live about 30 minutes from where there location was in Colorado and I was in the shop a few times. I have owned their packs, shelters, sleeping bags / wobbie, pull-outs and a LPP that is still one of my very favorite pieces of gear, so I can say I have supported them.

I never really experienced that awesome customer service that everyone talks about. In fact there were a couple of times that I was left less than impressed and frankly unappreciated. I have since sold nearly all of my Kifaru stuff and moved on. Kifaru is like a cult to some people and they will defend them to the bitter end, I personally didn't experience that.

I have had quite the opposite experience with Exo and for now I will continue to support them. The great thing is that there are some great gear options out there and you can choose to do business with any of them.

It certainly seems that things might be a little worse since the move to Wyoming. I realize that it took a while to get up and running, but it doesn't seem to have gone all that smooth. Over promised under delivered on the bino harness, rolled out a wallet, over priced shipping on the new Ark Frame, etc..

The 'inventory system' seems to be getting in the way of CS doing the most important part of their jobs...being humans making common sense decisions. Sometimes it seems like the ole inventory system is getting in the way of sales as well. If you have the Ark in 22" Medium belt in stock and a 25" Large in stock....but you dont have a 22" Large or a 25" Medium, I have to question the system, because you technically have all 4 in stock. Seems like youd sell more packs if you just add the belt to the frame at the time of shipping instead of before to appease an inventory program. Just switch out the frame sheet and move on.

I wonder how much of this relates to them starting to sell in more retail spaces like Scheels, Gohunt and Outdoorsmans and needing to have the frames pre assembled for shipping to them. Or if they are drop shipping orders from Gohunt and Outdoorsmans and have to keep frames and belts together because of how they are sold on their websites.

Either way, hopefully they can find a way to iron this out, take it as constructive criticism and get better for it. I have a boatload of Kifaru, their packs and modularity just work for me. The few times I have contacted CS, I dont remember it being a bad experience.

OP
G
The 'inventory system' seems to be getting in the way of CS doing the most important part of their jobs...being humans making common sense decisions. Sometimes it seems like the ole inventory system is getting in the way of sales as well. If you have the Ark in 22" Medium belt in stock and a 25" Large in stock....but you dont have a 22" Large or a 25" Medium, I have to question the system, because you technically have all 4 in stock. Seems like youd sell more packs if you just add the belt to the frame at the time of shipping instead of before to appease an inventory program. Just switch out the frame sheet and move on.

I wonder how much of this relates to them starting to sell in more retail spaces like Scheels, Gohunt and Outdoorsmans and needing to have the frames pre assembled for shipping to them. Or if they are drop shipping orders from Gohunt and Outdoorsmans and have to keep frames and belts together because of how they are sold on their websites.

Either way, hopefully they can find a way to iron this out, take it as constructive criticism and get better for it. I have a boatload of Kifaru, their packs and modularity just work for me. The few times I have contacted CS, I dont remember it being a bad experience.

This was my thought exactly. They had 25” frames with xs belts in stock. I told them between what they had and what i had, we had everything i needed. Couldnt we swap then they change the inventory to show one less 25” xs but one more 22” xs. And i was told, “we are sorry you are disappointed with this information but the only thing you can do is return what you have and wait til we have what you need in stock.”

hoff1ck

WKR
Aron’s number is all over the internet and he answers texts, or it used to be anyways. He’s always been good about answering DMs too. I’d start there. Even if it isn’t resolved I imagine he can explain the process, but my guess is he will help get it taken care of for you.

fatlander

WKR
Their bottom line is probably better now than it was before. Cottage shop level CS costs too much money in corporate America.

TJfromTX

FNG
Nothing against Kifaru (and I was a fanboy for a long time) but over time I discovered other companies that were comparable, so I've slowly sold off much of my Kifaru items, as well as quit listening to the podcast religiously, etc....
Growing pains or not, it seems like a completely different operation since the move to WY as well as the personnel changes. IMO.
Wishing them the best thought, I guess I'm just not as imbedded as in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.