Kifaru customer service

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
G
I own a small business and realize sometimes you make money and sometimes you lose money. But i would rather lose money than have a client think i cheated them. Also, losing a little to earn a long time client has almost always paid off.

As ive mentioned, i have been a long time kifaru client. And i have probably fell asleep to pics or videos of Snyder myself. Probably the reason i was so upset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CorbLand

WKR
The store made more with a $25 discount than giving away a $4 hat, so...
The hat was instead of a discount. Dude was going to take the binos either way.

Binos = 500
Discount = -25
Total 475.00

Binos = 500
Discount = -4 (free hat)
Total 496.00

Retail on the hat was 14.99. Cost was around 4 bucks. So loss of profit giving a hat away was 11 bucks. Loss of profit providing a 25 dollar discount was 25 bucks.

From a business standpoint, giving the hat away instead of the discount made the most sense.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
And you seem just the opposite, looking for any and all opportunities to shit talk kifaru

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk
I’ve said nothing bad about Kifaru in this entire thread.

In fact it’s very odd that you always seem to lash out at me in Kifaru threads.

bozeman

WKR
We get it, you're a Kifaru fan boy.
Actually, the Ark was my first purchase in about 5 years from Kifaru.....had a K3 before that and an SG before that.......but you can assume all you want. Drama is drama, no matter how you cut it.....

OP
G
The hat was instead of a discount. Dude was going to take the binos either way.

Binos = 500
Discount = -25
Total 475.00

Binos = 500
Discount = -4 (free hat)
Total 496.00

Retail on the hat was 14.99. Cost was around 4 bucks. So loss of profit giving a hat away was 11 bucks. Loss of profit providing a 25 dollar discount was 25 bucks.

From a business standpoint, giving the hat away instead of the discount made the most sense.

From a short-term business standpoint that hat made the most sense. Now if that guys goes and tells 2 friends about the great experience they have and they buy from the same store instead of bass pro then the long term effect is more profit.

CorbLand

WKR
From a short-term business standpoint that hat made the most sense. Now if that guys goes and tells 2 friends about the great experience they have and they buy from the same store instead of bass pro then the long term effect is more profit.

If the dude would have been happy with the hat (pretty logical to assume so when I said "let me see if I can get you a better hat." and he said "Ok.") He was probably going to tell his friends regardless.

If we are going to speculate out that far, the 4 dollars worth of advertisement Sportsmans would have gotten from the hat would probably be more profitable than two of his buddys coming back.

I dont think there is anyway to twist it that the hat wouldnt have been a smarter choice.

TVW

Lil-Rokslider
Actually, the Ark was my first purchase in about 5 years from Kifaru.....had a K3 before that and an SG before that.......but you can assume all you want. Drama is drama, no matter how you cut it.....

I'm just basing my stance off of your constant defense of them in this thread and the need to point out your MORE than stellar customer service experience with them...oh yeah, and the vague shots at calling the OP a whiner for calling them out about less than stellar service.

It's all good brother, every brand needs fan boys to defend them.

OP
G
If the dude would have been happy with the hat (pretty logical to assume so when I said "let me see if I can get you a better hat." and he said "Ok.") He was probably going to tell his friends regardless.

If we are going to speculate out that far, the 4 dollars worth of advertisement Sportsmans would have gotten from the hat would probably be more profitable than two of his buddys coming back.

I dont think there is anyway to twist it that the hat wouldnt have been a smarter choice.

I said the hat was smarter, short term. Business is about the decisions you can’t quantify.

Anybody will give you a hat, no one pays attention to them, they’re worth about $4. As a small business owner for 2 decades i would say you have a lot to learn about business.

If you give someone what they ask for, so what. If you give someone more than they ask for they will rave about you. I have about 200 hats in my house. If you give me another it’s nearly a nuisance.

CorbLand

WKR
I said the hat was smarter, short term. Business is about the decisions you can’t quantify.

Anybody will give you a hat, no one pays attention to them, they’re worth about $4. As a small business owner for 2 decades i would say you have a lot to learn about business.

If you give someone what they ask for, so what. If you give someone more than they ask for they will rave about you. I have about 200 hats in my house. If you give me another it’s nearly a nuisance.

Thats kind of my point. You are saying that your unquantifiable decision is better than my unquantifiable decision. You cant quantify that he would have gone and told his friends anything different over getting a discount versus a hat....which he seemed happy with.

I will never claim to know anything about owning a business but I cant see anyway that anyone can prove that the discount was better than the hat. Other than its what they feel.

But either way, the dude got his discount, you got your pack. Move the **** on.

OP
G
Thats kind of my point. You are saying that your unquantifiable decision is better than my unquantifiable decision. You cant quantify that he would have gone and told his friends anything different over getting a discount versus a hat....which he seemed happy with.

I will never claim to know anything about owning a business but I cant see anyway that anyone can prove that the discount was better than the hat. Other than its what they feel.

But either way, the dude got his discount, you got your pack. Move the **** on.

Your quote was you can’t twist it any way that the discount was better, or something like that. I’m simply saying that it definitely could have been. Now i dont recommend giving everyone a $25 discount but my thought is the word would spread much more for a $25 discount than a $4 hat. Just my opinion.

And as someone else said, the store still made money on the binos and would have only lost money on the hat.

My pov is usually when i make a mistake it ends up working to my benefit, when i try to do something great that i think someone will appreciate it ends up backfiring and makes someone mad. You could infer from that, that i’m pretty dumb, but thats the way it seems to work out. And i never said i was smart, i only wanted a 25” frame.

I actually have his number but figured he would just refer me to CS. Someone had tagged him on the FB post and i know he is active there and another Kifaru employee had said the issue was escalated to upper management so i’m sure he was aware of the situation. And i’m sure my issue isnt the only one and maybe they’ve had more than they thought they would. But had i got the response that they were out of reserve inventory, etc and i might have to wait longer i would have been fine. But all i got was we can’t help, just return it. They also have a 30 day return policy (acceptable) and a no use policy. So, i couldnt hang on to it any longer or even try it because of their policies.

You see, the thing is, i REALLY wanted to have this frame and have it work, i paid for it and thats all i wanted. But it was like as hard as i tried they were satisfied with me never having an ark frame.

I’m certain they’ve got supply issues. Like every single business owner in this country has. But, breaking down in house inventory to meet demands by online customers is a 100% guaranteed loss. They start that and they’ll have unsold parts of packs and frames cluttering the shelves.

I can’t speak for how they handle cs issues now. But, they’ve been helpful every time I’ve talked to them in the past. But, I haven’t talked to anyone at Kifaru in 5-6 years either.

Growing pains is a real thing. I’m not making excuses. It’s reality. How they handle that obviously matters. I’m not a fan boy either. Other companies have had issues and they resolved them. I’d imagine this will be no different.

When I worked at Sportmans, we had a dude come in with a competitors hat on. He asked about a discount on display binos and I said, "I dont know if I can but I can see if we can get you a better hat." He said ok. I went to my boss and said "hey, dude wants a discount on these binos, can I just give him a free hat to replace his XX hat?" Nope, we gave him 25 bucks off the binos instead of a 4 dollar hat. That was the moment that I learned logic does not dictate many business decisions.
I’d imagine profit had something to do with it.

I’m not being mean and surely not knocking you. But, as an employee versus a manager, it might seem stupid. However, if you set in your managers year end reviews I’d imagine that knocking $25 of profit off a display item that was sold for a much larger profit, versus giving away a hat that had little profit in the pricing to begin with, wouldn’t be so confusing.

CorbLand

WKR
I’d imagine profit had something to do with it.

I’m not being mean and surely not knocking you. But, as an employee versus a manager, it might seem stupid. However, if you set in your managers year end reviews I’d imagine that knocking $25 of profit off a display item that was sold for a much larger profit, versus giving away a hat that had little profit in the pricing to begin with, wouldn’t be so confusing.
Who would have thought that the most controversial post in a thread not speaking highly of Kifaru would be about providing a discount on a pair of binos?

Profit had zero to do with it. How can one make more profit taking 25 dollars off their profit versus taking 4 dollars off their profit? Profit margin would be decreased by giving the hat but profit would be increased by giving the hat.

I know why my manager made the decision that he did. It makes zero sense from a business standpoint and one hundred percent sense from a CYA standpoint. If he gave the dude the hat, it would show as a total loss and the district manager would probably ask him why he showed a total loss on a hat. Discounting the binos wouldnt show up as a total loss and the district manager would most likely not see it.

It wasnt the best decision for the business. It was the best decision for him. Hence why I said that most business decisions are not dictated by logic.

Edit to add because I am home and needed to correct a grammar mistake above.

I knew how the game was played and if we would have gone the hat route we could have manipulated it to be way more wins than losses for the manager. We would have taken the price of the hat off the binos and charged full price for the hat. This would have done three things. It would have increased profit, increased profit margin (over the profit margin of just giving the discount) and we would have had more items per ticket (they harped on us about this for years).

I was a below average student and am below average at many thing but I can’t see how the discount was the logical decision. Easiest, yes. Logical, nope.

Last edited:
OP
G
These threads really bring down the forum.

Did you have to read through it? I thought this was one of the reasons why the forum was created, so people could see which companies cared and which didnt, and who had good products and who didnt?

Status
Not open for further replies.