Kifaru customer service

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hat was instead of a discount. Dude was going to take the binos either way.

Binos = 500
Discount = -25
Total 475.00

Binos = 500
Discount = -4 (free hat)
Total 496.00

Retail on the hat was 14.99. Cost was around 4 bucks. So loss of profit giving a hat away was 11 bucks. Loss of profit providing a 25 dollar discount was 25 bucks.

From a business standpoint, giving the hat away instead of the discount made the most sense.

You didn't say he was going to take the binos regardless, just that he asked about a discount.

Dealers price from the supplier against store price was a difference of more than $25. I'd say the store made more from that transaction than $11. The gain in profit was still $500 - dealers price - $25 > $11, so maybe something like $500 - $425 - $25 = $50 gross profit on point of sale.

Last edited:

Marble

WKR
From a short-term business standpoint that hat made the most sense. Now if that guys goes and tells 2 friends about the great experience they have and they buy from the same store instead of bass pro then the long term effect is more profit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I 100% agree with this. I can write off the hat for $14.99, give him the $25 discount and take a casual customer, and move him into someone who supports my store long term.

I'm in the sales business, and I do not make the majority of my money based on one sale. I make it off of creating a relationship. Transactions that are one-offs are always good. But pulling that customer into a long-term relationship will create a better outcome for everyone.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Marble

WKR
Did you have to read through it? I thought this was one of the reasons why the forum was created, so people could see which companies cared and which didnt, and who had good products and who didnt?

The only thing I don't like about these threads is when we are rude to each other. Doesn't accomplish anything other than to point out someone is a jerk.

It's a good thread for the most part.

I'm glad you got what you wanted.

On a side note, let us know what you think of the Arc frame. Been tossing the idea around of getting another frame and belt so I don't have to take the time to switch bags, etc, when needed.

OP
G
The only thing I don't like about these threads is when we are rude to each other. Doesn't accomplish anything other than to point out someone is a jerk.

It's a good thread for the most part.

I'm glad you got what you wanted.

On a side note, let us know what you think of the Arc frame. Been tossing the idea around of getting another frame and belt so I don't have to take the time to switch bags, etc, when needed.

The jerk comment was the one i replied to saying this thread brought the forum down. I just simply pointed out, if they thought it was negative or bad they didnt have to view it, but it was actually one reason the forum was created, in my opinion.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just so I'm following this roller coaster of a thread-
You bought a 22 inch arch with belt size but now feel the 25 inch would be better.

Kifaru will refund for your 22 inch but doesn't have inventory to exchange for a 25 inch frame due to belt size.

Problem lies in the fact you would like them to change belts on the pack you currently have with the belt on the 25 frame you'd like to exchange for.

Kifaru said they won't do it due to inventory issues within the system.

Is this it in a nut shell?

Did you return the 22 ark for a refund?

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk

OP
G
Just so I'm following this roller coaster of a thread-
You bought a 22 inch arch with belt size but now feel the 25 inch would be better.

Kifaru will refund for your 22 inch but doesn't have inventory to exchange for a 25 inch frame due to belt size.

Problem lies in the fact you would like them to change belts on the pack you currently have with the belt on the 25 frame you'd like to exchange for.

Kifaru said they won't do it due to inventory issues within the system.

Is this it in a nut shell?

Did you return the 22 ark for a refund?

They recommended a 22” frame. After fitting it, the load lifters are even with the top of my shoulders. They then recommend i get a 25”. However they do not have a 25” frame with my belt size in stock. They do have 25” frames with other belt sizes in stock but tell me their computer system will not allow them to make the swap. They have since told me they have some returned stock that is not in the computer system that is what i’m looking for and will give me a 10% discount off new price. I have not returned my frame because i have not been able to make it to the post office.

sndmn11

WKR
To be honest, the one time I dealt with Kifaru, I didnt leave impressed. I was in the market for a new pack and went to the Hunt Expo. I went to all the major brands and talked with them about their packs. Kifaru was by leaps and bounds the least helpful. They seemed more interested in hanging out with the friends than they did helping me. When I finally got some help, it was short and didnt really answer my question in detail. Kind of got the "why are you bothering us" feeling.

Was it 2024 WHCE or a different year?

Ucsdryder

WKR
They recommended a 22” frame. After fitting it, the load lifters are even with the top of my shoulders. They then recommend i get a 25”. However they do not have a 25” frame with my belt size in stock. They do have 25” frames with other belt sizes in stock but tell me their computer system will not allow them to make the swap. They have since told me they have some returned stock that is not in the computer system that is what i’m looking for and will give me a 10% discount off new price. I have not returned my frame because i have not been able to make it to the post office.

So you want a product that is out of stock and you want them to make it in stock by taking belts and frames from in stock packs and making you a pack that fits your needs. Of course the problem lies in the fact that now the inventory showing in stock is all jacked up.

CorbLand

WKR
Was it 2024 WHCE or a different year?
Its been a bit, probably 2015 or 2016. Maybe even earlier. I cant remember the year.

Edit. I went back through my posts and it would have been 2017 as that was the first year I went to the Expo.

Last edited:
OP
G
So you want a product that is out of stock and you want them to make it in stock by taking belts and frames from in stock packs and making you a pack that fits your needs. Of course the problem lies in the fact that now the inventory showing in stock is all jacked up.

Maybe you aren’t familiar with the standard of CS kifaru has had in the past, but that level was pretty standard. That is the reason i am a long time customer, because in the past it would not have been a second thought to them. So my post is basically letting people know the CS is totally different. Not to mention, they call themselves modular and semi custom and have always sold individual components. Also, it is hard for me to imagine they have a system that will not allow a manual override.

So, they set the standard and have now lowered it. Not a big deal, unless that standard is what you’ve advertised for years.

Reactions: TVW

TVW

Lil-Rokslider

Yeah, that would seem like decent Customer Service given it would take what....7 seconds to do?

And then a customer that paid $500+ for something would be happy and be able to use it, but instead of spending the 7 seconds to make a Customer happy, they refused to do that because they need another $500 customer because Snyder has Guided Hunts to pay for to keep that street cred up on the Gram.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, that would seem like decent Customer Service given it would take what....7 seconds to do?

And then a customer that paid $500+ for something would be happy and be able to use it, but instead of spending the 7 seconds to make a Customer happy, they refused to do that because they need another $500 customer because Snyder has Guided Hunts to pay for to keep that street cred up on the Gram.
Because it's 2024 and outrage is all the rage right now.

Did you provide your torso length or did they measure it? Your inseam too? Or, did they measure it?

KurtR

WKR

some ones a little jelly

Next time you see Aron, why don’t you set down and tell him like it is. We aren’t Kifaru.

OP, buy the right size. Tell them the right size. Unless they come to your house for a personal fitting, they’ve suggested a size based on the info you gave them. Get to the PO and get your frame mailed or the next thread will be about how they didn’t hold it for you.

You can make it a big deal or you can finish the deal they made you. TVW has got your back.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lock this dumpster fire. it has spiraled into an ugly place and nothing positive can come from continuing this.
It's not a true dumpster fire until there's been 3 members warned and someone gets banned.

c57eaf5fdf1972862828e30d67f74aca.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.