Interesting test on a frame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yukondog

WKR
There was two pages of discussion on the video last night here in backpacking gear. Don't know where it went? Though it may have been moved and lock but can't find it. I thought the frame would have snapped. Amazing what carbon fiber is capable of.

trkyslr

WKR
Saw that this morning. Haters will be along shortly I'm sure

You must see into the future ;-) toyota tundra driving over it many times or throwing it off a cliff.... Hhhmmmm ya im say tundra test is a little tougher to the frames toughness. Looks solid!

LJ Buck

WKR
Hopefully everyone can let the Rockslide/Kuiu issue die and just get back to talking about the gear. The bigger this issue is made will not benefit the users.

Like the test the material is amazing.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I wish my Schuh pack enduraflex frame had been made like that. After putting about a 60lb load of meat on it one year, it broke in 5 different places.:mad: It was like carrying someone without a skeleton.........just a big blob of mess without any rigidity.

whitingja

WKR
People were complaining that it flexes too much on the original thread. They always find something. A little flexing seems good to me. Less tension and pull on the body. Solid looking frame.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Just an FYI I deleted the thread last night because it got stupid quick. Let's keep the Rokslide/Kuiu drama out of this or I will delete this one too!

Kotaman

WKR
I don't think the Tundra is that durable. I think they should drive it off a cliff. :cool: Sorry Ryan...I couldn't resist...

On a more serious note...I was impressed.

jm1607

WKR
Just an FYI I deleted the thread last night because it got stupid quick. Let's keep the Rokslide/Kuiu drama out of this or I will delete this one too!

Kuiu is the biggest pile of... Kidding!

It was a cute test. A little hypocritical they didn't want a test done due to bias then do their own biased test, but w/e, it's a free country. I'm still worried about the stays holding up. They are just sooo skinny. They flex well under load for short periods, wonder how they'll do on a long/heavy pack out?? Guess we'll know soon when people finally get their hands on them..

Maybe just maybe they really didn't care to have the test done as much as we are lead to believe. But its biased testing I agree. In both cases. A 500D bag has a better chance than a 160D bag on a cliff tossing test. I have had and Icon and Kifaru and I think the icon would lose a battle getting thrown off a cliff but I think the bikini would lose in that truck test. Biased and pointless testing in both instanced in my opinion but cool to see I guess. I wont throw one off a cliff or run one over anyway.

SJ-AK

Lil-Rokslider
That test was conclusive enough for me. I have no plans of replacing my SG, but I wouldn't be worried about the durability of an Ultra frame either.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved

Ryan,

Gotta say bro you have done super well keeping things straight man. Huge Kudos to keeping the site free of drama posts. Thanks again for what you do. I seriously mean that.

I would like to see them support the frame horizontally then hang weights from the upper stays and see how much flex/weight they hold up to. It's a fine like between flexibility and rigidity. Pretty sure my bikini would've snapped in that test!!

Mike

Yeah, when they throw it off a cliff, I'd be more concerned about what the bag material is going to do than the frame, 'course I guess that depends on what they put in the pack and how heavy it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.