If you could only have two pants...

t_carlson

WKR
I wear 3.

Prana Zions early
Sitka Mountains for most hunting mid-October on
Kuiu Guides for really cold stuff

Tried the Sitka Timberlines, but after wearing them I decided the Guides were warmer and more wind resistant. Really wish the Guides had kneepads, though.

Tried Kuiu Attacks, but found them lackluster and not very durable. The Sitka Mountains, on the other hand, are dang near bulletproof. My absolute favorite hunting pant of all time.

If I had to pick 2, I’d go with the Zions and Mountains, and just layer up under the Mountains when it got really cold.

Kotaman

WKR
Sitka Apex early…wish they made them in a solid, they’d be my favorite all around.
Sitka Timberlines late…Kuiu Katana is also a great early mid pant.

Last edited:
Acsent or Stone Glacier DHL pants for early.

KUIU attack or sitka mountain pant for mid to late.

Funny, I love the attacks since 34, but the Kutana pants in 34 fit my legs but the waist is to loose. The 32's don't fit my thighs.

schmalzy

WKR
Kutanas for me for just about everything.

Currently have timberlines for colder weather but haven’t gotten to test yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to divert us too much…I have always struggled with Kuiu stuff to get the fit right. Do others have the same issue with pants fitting more tightly than Sitka and other brands (maybe should order next size up)?

Lowg08

WKR
Not to divert us too much…I have always struggled with Kuiu stuff to get the fit right. Do others have the same issue with pants fitting more tightly than Sitka and other brands (maybe should order next size up)?
In my case I’m shaped like a silverback gorilla. With a duck butt so I can’t wear kuiu as much as I want too. For my the best fit I’ve found is first lite foundry. I do like the wrangler but they feel painted on rather than put on. Not fat just a big boy

Glory

Lil-Rokslider
Sitka mountain pants and kuiu Yukon. I wear the Sitka under the kuiu. Works great. When it’s not wet the kuiu goes in the pack

Early season: Fjallraven Keb
Late season: First Lite Catalyst Foundry or Kuiu Axis Hybrid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kuiu Kutana - Early/Mid season
Kuiu Attack - Mid/Late season

I normally carry a zip-off merino or synthetic bottom baselayer in my backpack. This gives me alot of flexibility if the weather changes throughout the day without being "stuck" wearing too heavy or overly warm pants.