If you could only have two pants...

The kuiu Kutana’s have been a great year round pant for me. Fall deer/bear got slightly cold in CA but nothing a merino base layer couldn’t help out with.

Windrunner17

Lil-Rokslider
Western hunting truly is worlds apart from Midwest tree stand hunting. I think I'd freeze to death in a lot of the late season recommendations that have been given lol, but then again I don't handle cold as well as most when stationary.

Huntmac

FNG
Kuiu Attack and Kutana for me. Kutana for the warmer weather early season and Attack for the rest with a base layer if really cold.

Sled

WKR
Western hunting truly is worlds apart from Midwest tree stand hunting. I think I'd freeze to death in a lot of the late season recommendations that have been given lol, but then again I don't handle cold as well as most when stationary.

Layers are the key.

Tx270WT

FNG
Since I just hunt rifle seasons it’s typically only one and that’s the kuiu Axis. I have the guide but went away from them to the axis. I suppose for warmer weather would run the katana but will say they don’t play well with barbwire at all. I guess I’m still looking for a warm weather pant…

ChrisAU

WKR
Since I just hunt rifle seasons it’s typically only one and that’s the kuiu Axis. I have the guide but went away from them to the axis. I suppose for warmer weather would run the katana but will say they don’t play well with barbwire at all. I guess I’m still looking for a warm weather pant…

Good luck looking for a barbwire proof pant!

Another season of 130+ days of hunting is coming to a close for me, and every single one of those I wore Kutana's. From 100* to 0*, layered accordingly.

One thing I did this year for stationary whitetail sits sub 40* is I layered FL Catalyst Foundry's over the Kutana's once I got to the stand. And I had a 200 or 350 weight merino base on under them as well.

My current favorites are

Early-mid Season
Pnuma Tenacity
-love the knee pads, venting, spacious pockets and closures at end of leg
-these might be discontinued. Wish I would have bought a second pair

Late season
Kuiu Talus (now Talus Hybrid)
-add a merino wool base layer and I am good to go in most temps
-I have even comfortably worn a pair of down under these when sitting late season tree stand
What size pants and pattern? I might have some to sell

I want to use the Katana's, but the fit just is off. Why can't the Kantana's fit like the attacks? I wear 34 in attacks. 34 in katana the waist is swimming. 32's look like I am wearing a base layer.

Windrunner17

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have any experience with any pants from Helikon-Tex?

I'm looking at the Helikon-Tex HTP Hybrid Tactical Pants in Adaptive green and they look real interesting.

JRS3

FNG
Kutana’s hands down are my favorites then when it gets cold the Guide Pants.

There's lots of "do it all pant" recommendations however I'm starting to think it may be worth it to have a dedicated early-mid season pant and a mid-late season pant. I'm assuming there are a lot of us in the western lower 48 that hunt in August/September for antelope/elk to December/January for deer/elk. For such a wide range of conditions, rain pants aside, which two pairs of pants would you want?
Second the First Lite foundry

i have several different styles of Kuiu pant, base camp, axis hybrid, Attack and style they do not sell any more. I love them all. If i had only only it would be the Attack. From moderate temps to cold with some layers they are a great pant if i am moving around. If i am sitting in a stand the axis hybrid with minimal layers keep me dry and comfortable in in 20 degree wet weather.

Maybe I'm the outlier I do ok in a mix of wrangler outdoors prana Zions or sitka traverse pants in early season if it's colder than that I go sitka timberline pans and adjust baselines as needed

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk