I gots the Covid.

dtrkyman

WKR
How about we talk about the countless people who survived? Small sample size for me but I have talked to or know 100s of people who have had covid, zero died, only 2 were really sick and the rest minimal to no effect.

I have not had it that I am aware of, but must have been exposed by now? Lucky, maybe but I expect to contract it at some point.

No plans to vaccinate, I am not generally around large groups of people in doors.

Do as you wish and be nice, pretty simple stuff.

Fatcamp

WKR
So this week I cared for numerous covid patients, 1 death-no vax, one who had a minor infection in 2020 and presumed he was protected, very close to being intubated-no vax, and a patient on Ivermectin/supplements who denies covid is real, off to ICU- no vax.

So done. 4 shifts and I change departments, leaving bedside and Covid patients. Someone elses turn. My fellow nurses are wrecked. Unvaccinated long haul critically ill patients are just sucking the spirit from staff. It sucks so bad to see such fantastic people beat down over such a simple thing.

Oh, well.

rodney482

WKR
So this week I cared for numerous covid patients, 1 death-no vax, one who had a minor infection in 2020 and presumed he was protected, very close to being intubated-no vax, and a patient on Ivermectin/supplements who denies covid is real, off to ICU- no vax.

So done. 4 shifts and I change departments, leaving bedside and Covid patients. Someone elses turn. My fellow nurses are wrecked. Unvaccinated long haul critically ill patients are just sucking the spirit from staff. It sucks so bad to see such fantastic people beat down over such a simple thing.

Oh, well.

They get monoclonal antibodies? Hydroxychloroquine?

rodney482

WKR
Gotta say, really eye opening podcast. Definitely shared the nasal rinse trick with my at risk, double vaccinated grandma. Hope it helps her. Never heard of it before.
We already knew of monoclonal antibody treatments, hydroxychloroquine, vitamin d, etc…

See? You can believe in vaccines AND treatments…

I do the 50/50 h202 rinse in my nose and gargle with listerine.

Oh, well.

Good for you! Getting out of the ICU was one of my better decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do the 50/50 h202 rinse in my nose and gargle with listerine.
It’s insane weve heard ad nauseum about masks that don’t work, but this could actually prevent and I’ve never heard it. And I try to keep up with the science. If only there were a team of professionals always spouting off about “the science”

Tbonespop

Lil-Rokslider
It’s insane weve heard ad nauseum about masks that don’t work, but this could actually prevent and I’ve never heard it. And I try to keep up with the science. If only there were a team of professionals always spouting off about “the science”
This was the #1 first thing I did upon immediately testing positive. I had always flushed my sinuses pretty regularly anyway because I was prone to getting sinus infections. I've used colloidal silver with salt (saline solution) and I've used an industrial product our company sells that we privately had tested for effectiveness against Covid (and it works) - and is safe for human contact with skin. Peroxide dilute will work too.

Just a heads up, mix it with the salt and it works better and isn't nearly as harsh on your nasal passages.

The key is to stop the virus in its tracks as early as possible and more often than not it all starts in the sinuses (thus the reason why the test is a nasal swab). Kill it before it spreads is key.

Huge fan of the nasal flushes. Works fantastic for sinus infections, even better as a preventative.

Rob960

Lil-Rokslider

Oh, well.

I was sitting in the Security office yesterday and happened to look up at the camera monitors, watched a nurse on an elevator take her N-95 off and just start to cry.

4rcgoat

WKR
Please don't take this the wrong way as i have nothing but empathy and respect for all healthcare professionals.....BUT, doctors and nurses signed up knowing that something like this was possible, just the same as all the brave men and women who signed up for the armed services knowing full well that IF a war was to break out they would fight whether or not they agree with the cause.

And just imagine if the doctors would use every means possible to help people like the good old days! Covid real....yes!
Hypocratic oath?.......nah
My biggest take away from this thread @MattB is super duper smart and could be a great teacher in self confidence.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

rodney482

WKR
20 pages deep now.

How many of you were anti vax before and this conversation has changed your mind?

How many of you were pro vax before and this conversation has changed your mind?

Zero for each side....got it....carry on.....
Im anti mRNA. Which is not a Vax

Fatcamp

WKR
Ya, I understand.

What I try to get across with my posts is that every shift I work I care for people on the whole "It's a liberal conspiracy!, Face diapers and the jab are bullshit!, I'm healthy so it doesn't apply to me!," bandwagon. I get it. And I understand some folks will always feel that way, up to accusing us of incompetence while we wheel them to ICU to be intubated.

My hope is that some on the fence will listen and take into consideration just how bad this can get for them and their families. "I just didn't think it could get this bad." is something I have heard over and over from patients and families.

It is correct that as health care workers we signed up for this. I share what I do so folks possibly understand just how beat down staff is. Watching people suffer like this for two years is significant, and it is really having an effect. Compassion fatigue is real.