I gots the Covid.

fwafwow

WKR
I own one of the largest employee benefit brokerages in East Texas. We regularly work with over 50 different insurance companies and none have rules regarding vaccination status. I'm not saying it is impossible, but I've not heard of any carrier instituting restrictions. There was initially a lot of conjecture that this could happen, but we haven't seen seen it.

Unless you are deeply involved in the industry, you are probably not aware of the politically sensitive nature of insurance companies. With the pressure that our politicians have placed on everyone to be vaccinated, I don't see any major carrier "punishing" anyone who has been vaccinated. It's far too easy for bureaucrats to make an insurance company's life miserable.
I don't believe the life insurance industry has taken a position on new policies tied to the vax. I recently applied for life insurance and I wasn't even asked about my vax status.

Actual_Cryptid

Lil-Rokslider
The ultra rich people in control with all of the recent unrefutable mask science are constantly being caught without masks in indoor public settings violating their own mandates on a flu virus. No reliable research even attemptempted on alternatives.

Passive aggressive Liberal arts majors with zero science background or classes lecturing others on science. Living in a Clown world

Why is that? A phugging 2 year old can figure out that a non medical Chinese cloth mask with a kitty cat or blm logo or Chinese produced ( origin of the virus) paper face diaper has zero protection.
The ultra rich people aren't the scientists.

I don't go to liberal-arts majors for my science either. I've already linked to a real study that passed peer review on the topic.

I can fool a 2 year old with very simple magic tricks, so I wouldn't want to use a 2 year old to decide whether a mask can reduce the spread of a disease. That's the goal remember, not absolutely personal protection, but reduce risk of spread. just like how a seatbelt doesn't prevent all injuries in a crash, but it prevents some of them. When we start talking about microbiology I would submit for your consideration that the metric of "conclusions reached by a 2 year old" is probably going to do more harm than good.

Actual_Cryptid

Lil-Rokslider
So I listened to an interesting conversation while driving home on Sirius XM Fox News. Martha MacCallum had an infectious disease doc on who stated with the Omicron variant what we could see is Covid 19 ending up becoming another cold virus which is also a coronavirus.

Herd immunity which Fauci keeps espousing through vaccinations ( I am not anti-vacc as I have the full compliment and the booster and still got Delta) is an unobtainable goal as the variant keeps changing and so forth. I think it is time that decisions from one doc be replaced by a panel of experts, many of whom are offering alternative theories on where this is going and what to do.
Good news! It's never been Dr. Fauci alone. There's the entire CDC and a pandemic resposne team all working together, he's just the tip of the iceberg.
It would be interesting to see, I agree. I have seen some folks with a second infection as patients, and also work with several nurses who have had it twice.

Honestly, I wish a study on Iveemectin that's peer reviewed and distributed would be done. So ******* tired of people claiming it's a suppressed cure-all when I care for people who are the exact opposite. Not saying anything one way or the other, I just wish they would study so we could give it and shut people up.
There have been a number of studies of the efficacy of ivermectin for COVID, the reviews of those studies have been largely negative. For a more layman's read, Science Based Medicine (a blog run by a small group of doctors frustrated with the way cable news reports medical news) has a breakdown here: https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/ivermectin-is-the-new-hydroxychloroquine-take-2/

They go into who's promoting it, link to some other articles discussing the initial ivermectin studies and their issues. Stuff like concentrations in a petri dish that would kill a human being touted as evidence of efficacy, or evidence in the review of excluding patients to cook the results. Since there's not really any evidence for efficacy, nobody's going to fund a larger clinical trial, especially given the known side-effects. It also won't matter much, because ivermectin is just hydroxychloroquine mk II. If a study is done that doesn't demonstrate efficacy, the FLCCC and mercola et al will claim it's a big pharma coverup, or that the problem was that the study used vaccinated people, or the doctors were bribed to switch the ivermectin for sugar pills. It won't matter because the motivation of the hucksters shilling it isn't the pursuit of science in the interest of public safety, it's that they've been anti-vaccine since the mid-2000s, one of them (FLCCC) insists that COVID is actually demons, their motivation is political and financial.

Joseph Mercola should always be an instant red flag. He's been a grifter for more than a decade, anti-vax, and at various times has claimed to have new cancer cures that faded into obscurity or worse, killed a number of people first. He was promoting bleach enemas a few years ago and also claimed to have a secret cure for ebola, claimed for a fact that Ebola was going to rip through the US. In March of 2020 he was claiming COVID was a Chinese bioweapon and said on Infowars "It's over for humanity, there will be only lone survivors." He claimed the vaccine would cause cancer, sterility, and the goalpost has always moved. He also conveniently deleted most of his archived posts on the topic of COVID in October this year when a local news station called attention to the series of conflicting "cures" and predictions he made.

Personally if I see Mercola endorsing anything it goes straight into the "presume false until otherwise proven" category.

MattB

WKR
Lazy response. Your comment was every bit as unsubstantiated as his. I was pointing out your hypocrisy, but I think you know that.
Hearsay deals with third party feedback that cannot be substantiated. I spoke with a person who could sell a policy which told me there is no such restriction (which he snickered at the suggestion of). No third party, so hearsay is not a relevant concept. The other poster relayed something he had heard from he is HR rep who had allegedly heard it from an insurance provider (third party). At last look, the comment was not further substantiated.

How about this, if the point is so dear to you, call your insurance company, ask someone who is licensed to sell health insurance if having a COViD vaccine within 30 days is a disqualifier, and report back?

You might also take Texizina’s post above be into consideration.

Crghss

Lil-Rokslider
Interesting factoid I learned today.

If you've had the covid vaccine within the last 30 days you are not eligible to start a new life insurance policy.
Would it not make way more sense to require you to have vaccine before you could open a policy?

Like everyone else I just went through open enrollment at my company. Vax status has no impact on opening or adding to life insurance.

Trr15

WKR
Hearsay deals with third party feedback that cannot be substantiated. I spoke with a person who could sell a policy which told me there is no such restriction (which he snickered at the suggestion of). No third party, so hearsay is not a relevant concept. The other poster relayed something he had heard from he is HR rep who had allegedly heard it from an insurance provider (third party). At last look, the comment was not further substantiated.

How about this, if the point is so dear to you, call your insurance company, ask someone who is licensed to sell health insurance if having a COViD vaccine within 30 days is a disqualifier, and report back?

You might also take Texizina’s post above be into consideration.
The concept is very much relevant here, but I know you’ll never be convinced of anything. Without wasting my time dissecting your statement above, I’ll put it this way. You clearly told the other poster that if he didn’t produce documentation from a conversation with an insurance professional, that his comment was hearsay. Guess what? You relayed information from an insurance professional and have yet to provide any documentation to support your conversation. It’s really that simple. Continue to spin it however you wish though.

Last edited:

MattB

WKR
The concept is very much relevant here, but I know you’ll never be convinced of anything. Without wasting my time dissecting your statement above, I’ll put it this way. You clearly told the other poster that if he didn’t produce documentation from a conversation with an insurance professional, that his comment was hearsay. Guess what? You relayed information from an insurance professional and have yet to provide any documentation to support your conversation. It’s really that simple. Continue to spin it however you wish though.
You don't understand the difference between providing support for an assertion and hearsay, or what constitutes hearsay.
Poster (1) - HR rep (2) - insurance company rep (3)
Me (1) - USAA agent (2)

For the poster to provide 2nd hand information without substantiation, it is hearsay. For me to be providing hearsay, there would have had to be a 3rd person in the dialogue which there wasn't. Now if you had reiterated my statements without substantiation, it would be hearsay. Get it?

That aside, I think the poster who claimed that, if you get a COVID vaccine, you are disqualified from getting life insurance for 30 days is part of the misinformation machine. My opinion was further validated by a call to my insurance company. Texizona provided further support. Believe what you want.

Reactions: AKG

Trr15

WKR
You don't understand the difference between providing support for an assertion and hearsay, or what constitutes hearsay.
Me (1) - USAA agent (2)

For the poster to provide 2nd hand information without substantiation, it is hearsay. For me to be providing hearsay, there would have had to be a 3rd person in the dialogue which there wasn't. Now if you had reiterated my statements without substantiation, it would be hearsay. Get it?

That aside, I think the poster who claimed that, if you get a COVID vaccine, you are disqualified from getting life insurance for 30 days is part of the misinformation machine. My opinion was further validated by a call to my insurance company. Texizona provided further support. Believe what you want.
You’ve changed the facts to fit your spin, but at this point I honestly don’t even care. I won’t waste any more energy or space on this thread engaging with you.

Tbonespop

Lil-Rokslider
No, my post was an observation on the result of the politicization of vaccination. It is not coincidence that when one looks at the 10 most vaccinated states, 9 voted for Biden. And when one looks at the 10 least vaccinated states, 9 voted for Trump.

Do you believe that is coincidence? Perhaps if Trump had publicized that he was vaccinated rather than hiding it, the results would be different.

Trump an many occasions has told people to get vaccinated. Much unlike your boy Biden telling people he wouldn't trust getting a Trump developed vaccine (paraphrasing). Then once Biden got into the white house, he's been all on board with it. Too bad more people have died from Covid under Biden's watch than under Trumps, when Biden had the benefit of a vaccine the whole time. But you feel free to keep on keeping on with your boy Biden. Best of luck following that idiot. And I'm not a Trump-hugger. Didn't actually like the man, just respected the job that he did. Don't care for his personality or how he bloviates. But he's far better than the dipshit we have in office at the moment. Hope you got what you wanted out Biden. Its been nothing but downhill since he too oath. You'll likely just fall in line and blame everything on Trump, so not much more worth my time to comment.

fwafwow

WKR
Me (1) - USAA agent (2)

If you look up the legal definition, take the Federal Rules of Evidence as an example, your quoting what someone said to you is also hearsay.

Actual_Cryptid

Lil-Rokslider
We're not in a court though, so the federal rules of evidence don't really matter. Arguing about what is and isn't hearsay is silly.

But for a fourth data point, I just reupped my life insurance. I was not asked about my vaccination status. Anyone else is free to do the same thing. Or with such an outrageous data point, find it reported literally anywhere by an insurance company.

But that won't happen, because it's not happening.

Mtnboy

WKR
20 pages deep now.

How many of you were anti vax before and this conversation has changed your mind?

How many of you were pro vax before and this conversation has changed your mind?

Zero for each side....got it....carry on.....

fwafwow

WKR
We're not in a court though, so the federal rules of evidence don't really matter. Arguing about what is and isn't hearsay is silly.
I agree - hearsay is irrelevant outside of court. But I didn’t bring up the word “hearsay” - I just got tired of someone making up a new definition for it to try to defend what should have been conceded.

KurtR

WKR
ilovelamp.jpg

MattB

WKR
Trump an many occasions has told people to get vaccinated. Much unlike your boy Biden telling people he wouldn't trust getting a Trump developed vaccine (paraphrasing). Then once Biden got into the white house, he's been all on board with it. Too bad more people have died from Covid under Biden's watch than under Trumps, when Biden had the benefit of a vaccine the whole time. But you feel free to keep on keeping on with your boy Biden. Best of luck following that idiot. And I'm not a Trump-hugger. Didn't actually like the man, just respected the job that he did. Don't care for his personality or how he bloviates. But he's far better than the dipshit we have in office at the moment. Hope you got what you wanted out Biden. Its been nothing but downhill since he too oath. You'll likely just fall in line and blame everything on Trump, so not much more worth my time to comment.
I voted for Trump both times. But thanks.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
20 pages deep now.

How many of you were anti vax before and this conversation has changed your mind?

How many of you were pro vax before and this conversation has changed your mind?

Zero for each side....got it....carry on.....
20 pages in and there are still people that think this is about "anti-vax and pro-vax". SMH You're right though.......some folks will declare the moon to be round, and others that will declare it to be square. And there's isn't a thing that we can do to change any of those people's opinions. But it's pretty obvious to most what the "correct" answer is. ;)