HYPERION K Vs HELIOS QD TI

Smenning

Lil-Rokslider
There is a lot of positive feedback on here about the Hyperion K but I cant find much on the Helios QD TI. My local shop is really pushing the helios. Primarily the versatility with multiple end caps, and threaded adapters that come with it. I’m sold on CGS trying to decide if the helios is worth the extra $300 or if 9 months down the road I’m going to wish I just went with the K. Does anybody have feedback on the Helios QD TI?

Reactions: wyo

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
There is a lot of positive feedback on here about the Hyperion K but I cant find much on the Helios QD TI. My local shop is really pushing the helios. Primarily the versatility with multiple end caps, and threaded adapters that come with it. I’m sold on CGS trying to decide if the helios is worth the extra $300 or if 9 months down the road I’m going to wish I just went with the K. Does anybody have feedback on the Helios QD TI?

Have used both suppressors extensively (that is 10k or more rounds each) What does the multiple end caps get you?

OP
Smenning

Smenning

Lil-Rokslider
Have used both suppressors extensively (that is 10k or more rounds each) What does the multiple end caps get you?
I doesn’t do me any good as the vented one would never get use. The direct thread portion being interchangeable 5/8 x 24 and 1/2 x28 as well as being able to utilize other’s attachment devices is nice.

OP
Smenning

Smenning

Lil-Rokslider
Would I be correct to assume you’d recommend the K and put the extra $300 towards ammo?

I have a hyperion K and really like it. Sure makes shooting my 6.5 easy. Unfortunatley its the only can I have so cant compare with others. I went with the Hyperion K for weight and length since it was going on a backcountry rifle and I preferred direct thread. If length isnt an issue Id go with the full size hyperion. I'll probably get one of those next after I get a rimfire supressor going. Pew science would be a good resource on the Helios. I'd highly reccomend the Hyperion K but any silencer is better than nothing.

OP
Smenning

Smenning

Lil-Rokslider
I think I’ll go that route. It’s easier in the long run to have everything w/ adapters to 5/8 and not have to fuss with the can moving it to another rifle. Thanks!

OP
Smenning

Smenning

Lil-Rokslider
I have a hyperion K and really like it. Sure makes shooting my 6.5 easy. Unfortunatley its the only can I have so cant compare with others. I went with the Hyperion K for weight and length since it was going on a backcountry rifle and I preferred direct thread. If length isnt an issue Id go with the full size hyperion. I'll probably get one of those next after I get a rimfire supressor going. Pew science would be a good resource on the Helios. I'd highly reccomend the Hyperion K but any silencer is better than nothing.
Thanks for the feedback!

wildcat33

WKR
Those using the Hyperion K, are you having the muzzle thread cut with the sig taper, using a square shoulder, or square shoulder with CGS adaptor?

Thinking about making the jump and needing to modify a barrel order to accommodate the can, so just need to know what to specify.

bigbuckdj

WKR
They say you can thread it on a square shoulder if the shoulder OD is .730 or .725. I don’t have that at my shoulder so I just use the 5/8 to 5/8 adapter that cgs sells.

I chose to just get a square 5/8-24 shoulder on my barrel but I did consider getting a sig taper cut on my barrel. I don’t believe I have the OD to get the full taper either.

bigbuckdj

WKR
I’m curious if form uses that adapter, I think he’s got some lite barrels threaded 5/8x24 w small shoulders

wildcat33

WKR
They say you can thread it on a square shoulder if the shoulder OD is .730 or .725. I don’t have that at my shoulder so I just use the 5/8 to 5/8 adapter that cgs sells.

I chose to just get a square 5/8-24 shoulder on my barrel but I did consider getting a sig taper cut on my barrel. I don’t believe I have the OD to get the full taper either.
I’ve got 0.750 dia to work with so checking with maker on if they can do the taper

Those using the Hyperion K, are you having the muzzle thread cut with the sig taper, using a square shoulder, or square shoulder with CGS adaptor?

Thinking about making the jump and needing to modify a barrel order to accommodate the can, so just need to know what to specify.
I’m running my Hyperion k on a Barrett Fieldcraft with factory threads and a tikka t3x cut to 18 1/2-28 threads with 5/8-24 adaptor that’s blended to the barrel. I didn’t do the sig taper on the tikka. Plan on running it on a Cz 300 blackout as well with factory threads.

I’d like to try the full size Hyperion but the Hyperion k is very impressive for size/weight.

Macro

Lil-Rokslider
I have the 30 cal titanium oss can that I originally bought for .300blk.... that was disappointing. That can needs more pressure to "operate" correctly, i.e. x39, 308/762.
It's awesome on a scar, fal, ak, and tavor7.

Long story short, awesome on semi auto, full power rifles. But a waste of time on 300blk subs (in my experience)