Gunwerks 6ix+, AB Raptor Eight Stack, CGS Hyperion K, Thunder Beast Dominus

SharkDog

FNG
The way I’m reading this is you personally tested the three of them recently.

Can you confirm your thoughts on suppression between Hyperion vs scythe?

Tough to tell when comparing a 2”, 1” reflex. That coupled with “tone” being best on Hyperion and then the comment just getting the scythe and being done, in a bit confused.
Ohh, No. I have not tested any of these. I will edit my original post to make that clear. I'm just a dude trying to buy his first can and is waaaaaayyy overthinking it.

That is what this thread and Cameron.25's Scythe review thread lead me to believe.

Tahoe1305

WKR
Ohh, No. I have not tested any of these. I will edit my original post to make that clear. I'm just a dude trying to buy his first can and is waaaaaayyy overthinking it.

That is what this thread and Cameron.25's Scythe review thread lead me to believe.
Damnit!

Good recovery though. Was excited of a direct comparison but the clarification is helpful. More time waiting.

Concur with your assessment. Get any and likely be happy. For me regardless what I read the Hyperion seems to have a weird squared shoulder restriction….so that always leaves a question in my mind.

Attachments

• IMG_9261.jpeg
    IMG_9261.jpeg
    215.4 KB · Views: 44
I really like the 25 degree Sig/Q taper on the Hyperion K. You get all the benefits of direct thread (improved accuracy/repeatability) but the benefits usually reserved for QD (hand tighten/remove, yet not needing a tool to keep it from backing off during use).

I use it on my 6.5 Tikka (smithed to have a 25 degree taper) and on my AR 556 (with the adapter/brake from CGS, which both transitions to the 1/2" threads and includes the 25 degree taper). The AR cycles great with no change from unsuppressed to suppressed with the Hyperion K (from what I understand, this works well because of the low backpressure of the Hyperion K).

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Damnit!

Good recovery though. Was excited of a direct comparison but the clarification is helpful. More time waiting.

Concur with your assessment. Get any and likely be happy. For me regardless what I read the Hyperion seems to have a weird squared shoulder restriction….so that always leaves a question in my mind.

This is not necessary. Think “optimum”, not required. I, and those I shoot with have 50-60,000 rounds in Hyperions and K’s direct threading with standard muzzles.

rackcity24

Lil-Rokslider
To those with the Enticer LTI, did you have to buy the endcap wrench to tighten it before you shot it?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

cliffy109

FNG
Did Cameron.25 ever figure out how to post things on YouTube? I'd like to see the range session he referenced.

Wyo_hntr

WKR
I finally stepped into the suppressor world. Ordered an AB raptor 10. Wanted the 8 but it was out of stock, so 10 it is. More sound suppression won't be a bad thing. Now to wait.

I plan on cutting my 6 creed to 18 or 17 and threaded to 1/2x28.

Anybody heard or shot any of the ECCO rifle cans? People seem to love their pistol cans.

I’m on the fence about getting something a bit larger than my Nomad TI but a bit smaller than a Hyperion.

JM151

FNG
Would like to see review of Scythe vs Nomad TI XC. The deadair Nomax 33 sounds very interesting, rated up to a 33xc and is lighter and shorter then TB Ultra338

Wingnut

FNG
Can anyone shed light on what the min barrel length are for a raptor 10 in 300wsm on a long action pushing 215’s or similar? I know it says 22” on their site but can you get away with less if using a reflex? I’ve been working in the math for an 18” barreled elk thumper, but being sure we’re good to go with the big raptor is a must…

I have a message into AB but haven’t heard back. Thanks!

Can anyone shed light on what the min barrel length are for a raptor 10 in 300wsm on a long action pushing 215’s or similar? I know it says 22” on their site but can you get away with less if using a reflex? I’ve been working in the math for an 18” barreled elk thumper, but being sure we’re good to go with the big raptor is a must…

I have a message into AB but haven’t heard back. Thanks!
Call them, they always answered right away when I've called

Wingnut

FNG
Call them, they always answered right away when I've called
I called last week and left a message with em and called again this morning. The boys are on the road I think for show season which is totally understandable. I’m sure I’ll get a call back but was just curious what guys have learned already on here. After reading up on Ryan’s Pug and other similar rifles I have the bug for a short thumper that works with the Raptor!
I have had a 10 stack with the 5” reflex for about two months now and couldn’t be happier with it. I haven’t used it with any big powder burners yet but on an 18” 6.5 creed, 28” 6.5-284 and a 20” 308 it’s really really quiet, and my 7 year old is getting along with the Creedmoor really well. The reduced recoil it provides has bought him and my 9yo daughter several years of effective practice. Should have bought one year’s ago!

I called last week and left a message with em and called again this morning. The boys are on the road I think for show season which is totally understandable. I’m sure I’ll get a call back but was just curious what guys have learned already on here. After reading up on Ryan’s Pug and other similar rifles I have the bug for a short thumper that works with the Raptor!
I have had a 10 stack with the 5” reflex for about two months now and couldn’t be happier with it. I haven’t used it with any big powder burners yet but on an 18” 6.5 creed, 28” 6.5-284 and a 20” 308 it’s really really quiet, and my 7 year old is getting along with the Creedmoor really well. The reduced recoil it provides has bought him and my 9yo daughter several years of effective practice. Should have bought one year’s ago!
Right, show season still so im sure not as many are in the office. I might be over what they recommend with my 20" 300 prc and the raptor 10 but i havent had any issues yet. Hopefully they get back to you soon, I've always gotten great CS from them

I went with both the Hyperion K and the nomad Ti on my purchase. I only have limited experience at this point, shooting both on a kimber mountain ascent 280 AI. I wish I had gotten 2 nomad Ti s is my personal opinion, both “seem” equally as quiet, running the e-brake on the nomad seems the quietest. Less point of impact shift with the nomad Ti. Lighter weight with the nomad Ti. Less BS with nomad Ti, since I already had to get an adapter to run the suppressors, then I had to get another adaptor to put on that adapter to run the Hyperion K, which jumps the weight up. Hyperion K lists the weight of the suppressor but not with the adapter you should have. The nomad Ti can be run out of the box as it is so listed weight is what you can have if that’s your choice. My nomad Ti with e-brake still weighs less than the Hyperion K with adaptor bs, which probably contributes to the less poi shift. Anyway my hindsight wish is that I had 2 nomad TI instead of the Hyperion K. So far 1 antelope and 1 whitetail buck tally with the nomad Ti.
The Hyperion k does appear to be a lot more robust built and I would guess it to hold up to a lot more in the end, I’ll give it the nod for that.

Just wanted to confirm that the e brake was quieter compared to no e brake on the nomad? If that’s the case that would be awesome because it would further reduce the recoil and is still quiet.

I would think it would make it louder (this can be seen in the omega 300 with anchor brake and no anchor brake in the 2023 TBAC suppressor summit) but maybe the e brake gets away with it!

A-A-Ron

FNG
Ok so I finally got out and put some rounds through each suppressor today, mostly shot a 24" 6.5 prc with factory 147gr hornady and but also sent a few of my handloads through my 20" 300 prc as well. Im gonna go out again and test them with the 300 prc more after I load up some more rounds. No reflexes on the AB cans today, direct thread only. First 3 were a close call, had to shoot them all multiple times. Same with the bottom 2. All are perfectly usable and would be fine for at least a few shots in a big magnum, but the top 3 are worth the few extra oz in my opinion. I'd have a hard time justifying paying for the rugged alaskan again with how loud it is for the price, even tho it's stupid light. Had my wife stand about 10 yards in front and off to the side while I shot, then we switched. This is what we thought the results were but some were a close call. Dead air nomad vs raptor 8 was almost too close to call.

From quietest to loudest on both the 300 and 6.5:

1: AB raptor 10 stack
2: Dead air nomad TI
3: AB raptor 8 stack
4: AB raptor 6 stack
5: Rugged alaskan 360 TI
6: AB raptor 4 stack
Super helpful, thank you!