Gunwerks 6ix+, AB Raptor Eight Stack, CGS Hyperion K, Thunder Beast Dominus

ElPollo

WKR
So if I understand how they go together, the Raptor 6 with 3” reflex would weigh 8.75 + 5.125 - 1.625 = 12.25 oz

Don’t think it’s worth upgrading from my Omega 300 for 2.5 oz..

Looking forward to hearing about the Rugged Alaskan Ti
My 3” reflex weighs 4.3 oz. The website lists the Raptor 8-stack at 8.05 oz, but mine weighs 8.3 oz. Total is obviously 12.6 oz. The website lists the 4- stack at 5.6 without the reflex.

I just recently received my Hyperion k, I think it has a great sound similar if not quieter than my omega but doesn’t reduce recoil as much. I am very intrigued by the ab cans, I like the idea of the reflex.
Hmm, I was hoping the Hyperion K would do a fair job reducing recoil. My Ultra 7 seems to reduce recoil pretty well. Big difference how my shoulder feels after a range session with my 7 SAUM with the can on.

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
Hmm, I was hoping the Hyperion K would do a fair job reducing recoil. My Ultra 7 seems to reduce recoil pretty well. Big difference how my shoulder feels after a range session with my 7 SAUM with the can on.
It definitely does reduce the recoil I just don’t think it does near as much as the omega in that regard. Granted all I’ve shot it on is 223 and 6.5 creed

Tahoe1305

WKR
So if I understand how they go together, the Raptor 6 with 3” reflex would weigh 8.75 + 5.125 - 1.625 = 12.25 oz

Don’t think it’s worth upgrading from my Omega 300 for 2.5 oz..

Looking forward to hearing about the Rugged Alaskan Ti
You can get your omega down to that weight with $150 and a new Ti DT adapter and a Ti endcap!

Tahoe1305

WKR
(One place to snag DT)

I lied. $110!

Mine weighs a smudge over 13oz now (DT and end cap) but easily has 1oz of ish inside it weighing it down.

BjornF16

WKR
(One place to snag DT)

I lied. $110!

Mine weighs a smudge over 13oz now (DT and end cap) but easily has 1oz of ish inside it weighing it down.
Grazié

BjornF16

WKR
(One place to snag DT)

I lied. $110!

Did you lose any suppression by going to the .46 front cap?

BjornF16

WKR
For you Raptor 8 or 10 owners (@Ryan Avery @ElPollo @Cameron.25 ):

Are the internals all "drilled" for .375 caliber and you just swap the end cap for smaller (if desired)? Or by ordering a .30 cal you get .30 cal internals?

Started thinking about suppressing my 358 Win BLR...

280rem

FNG
X2 im stuck figuring out which to order....
I went with both the Hyperion K and the nomad Ti on my purchase. I only have limited experience at this point, shooting both on a kimber mountain ascent 280 AI. I wish I had gotten 2 nomad Ti s is my personal opinion, both “seem” equally as quiet, running the e-brake on the nomad seems the quietest. Less point of impact shift with the nomad Ti. Lighter weight with the nomad Ti. Less BS with nomad Ti, since I already had to get an adapter to run the suppressors, then I had to get another adaptor to put on that adapter to run the Hyperion K, which jumps the weight up. Hyperion K lists the weight of the suppressor but not with the adapter you should have. The nomad Ti can be run out of the box as it is so listed weight is what you can have if that’s your choice. My nomad Ti with e-brake still weighs less than the Hyperion K with adaptor bs, which probably contributes to the less poi shift. Anyway my hindsight wish is that I had 2 nomad TI instead of the Hyperion K. So far 1 antelope and 1 whitetail buck tally with the nomad Ti.
The Hyperion k does appear to be a lot more robust built and I would guess it to hold up to a lot more in the end, I’ll give it the nod for that.

Are the internals all "drilled" for .375 caliber and you just swap the end cap for smaller (if desired)? Or by ordering a .30 cal you get .30 cal internals?

I think the bore on each can is specific to the caliber ordered. I have the 6 Stack with a 5" reflex on my 300 WSM, and the bore on the blast baffle measures approximately .334"

Catalog_2022-CNTRFR.jpg

mt100gr.

WKR
I went with both the Hyperion K and the nomad Ti on my purchase. I only have limited experience at this point, shooting both on a kimber mountain ascent 280 AI. I wish I had gotten 2 nomad Ti s is my personal opinion, both “seem” equally as quiet, running the e-brake on the nomad seems the quietest. Less point of impact shift with the nomad Ti. Lighter weight with the nomad Ti. Less BS with nomad Ti, since I already had to get an adapter to run the suppressors, then I had to get another adaptor to put on that adapter to run the Hyperion K, which jumps the weight up. Hyperion K lists the weight of the suppressor but not with the adapter you should have. The nomad Ti can be run out of the box as it is so listed weight is what you can have if that’s your choice. My nomad Ti with e-brake still weighs less than the Hyperion K with adaptor bs, which probably contributes to the less poi shift. Anyway my hindsight wish is that I had 2 nomad TI instead of the Hyperion K. So far 1 antelope and 1 whitetail buck tally with the nomad Ti.
The Hyperion k does appear to be a lot more robust built and I would guess it to hold up to a lot more in the end, I’ll give it the nod for that.
I looked at a hyperion K yesterday and it appeared to be DT 5/8-24. What adapter BS did you encounter? Thank you.

Deciding on a second suppressor is WAY harder than the first!! That was easy when I didn't have a baseline of my own....

As blackdog mentioned above, you can order the AB raptor in different bores depending on which can you want it looks like. They are great to talk to on the phone if you have questions tho. They all come with your choice of reflex length from 1-5", a direct thread mount, an endcap tool and an endcap that matches the cans bore. The reflexes are bull barrel or standard. They can make custom length reflexes too. They have several different endcaps available as well. I use the 308 bore cans on my 6.5 PRC with a 6.5mm endcap for example

wtx

FNG
at one point you could order multiple reflexes with a single AB can (I was told), then the ATF put the kabash on that and you can only order one reflex per can now? anyone have a definitive answer on this?

at one point you could order multiple reflexes with a single AB can (I was told), then the ATF put the kabash on that and you can only order one reflex per can now? anyone have a definitive answer on this?
This is correct unfortunately. To obtain multiple reflexes now you'd need to get multiple cans, which sucks

pcswann

FNG
I'm hoping the rugged alaskan was worth the money but I have my doubts due to its weight. It'll be my most spendy can so far. I also want to try out the hyperion k but it's still out of stock at my distributors
Did you order the Rugged Alaskan and in the intervening time did more research and decided that something else might've been a better fit? I wonder how often that happens, given the long wait times between purchase and pickup? Happened to me. I ordered a Griffin Bushwhacker, convinced that I'd only ever need/want one can. Now I wish I'd gone more caliber specific. Oh well.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member

I will see AB at the show today. I will ask them(double check) Dead Air is also here. If you guys have questions let me know.

Did you order the Rugged Alaskan and in the intervening time did more research and decided that something else might've been a better fit? I wonder how often that happens, given the long wait times between purchase and pickup? Happened to me. I ordered a Griffin Bushwhacker, convinced that I'd only ever need/want one can. Now I wish I'd gone more caliber specific. Oh well.
No, I'm an SOT and I just wanted to try it out