Gunwerks 6ix+, AB Raptor Eight Stack, CGS Hyperion K, Thunder Beast Dominus

Wingnut

FNG
AB may not be doing themselves any favors there, but after reading for hours and watching as many reviews as I could find the bottom line is everyone that messes with a Raptor comes away pleasantly surprised at its performance. The more I read on dB testing the more I appreciate this threads “Bro Science” approach. That said I’d love to see Ray at TBAC throw a 10 stack in his big can comparison. Massive appreciation for TBAC’s willingness to publish that type of review. I’ve learned more from their work than any other source(design, back pressure, volume,etc and how this all affect each setup). I’m sure ab has their reasons, which we will likely never know.

kswaterfowl

Lil-Rokslider
We compared a raptor 8 dt to an Omega w/o the brake. No scientific testing or metering, but all 3 people that compared them agreed the omega was quieter than the raptor 8 dt to our ears. This was with a 6.5 creed, 24" barrel shooting factory 140gr eldm. fwiw.

Then that Enticer STi is looking sweeter and sweeter.

Fwiw by buddy checked his out at the FFL this weekend. Came in at 8.6oz and 6.7”. Both less than advertised spec. Pretty impressed.
I talked a buddy into trying one of those over a nomad ti. Real interested in how it stacks up.

Beaverdog

FNG
The anthem-s suppressor has the best sound rating for its size but its a bit heavier, i might as well stick with one of my form 1's. For overall suppression rating, size and cost i will soon be ordering the enticer s-ti.

NSI

WKR
I am about a centimeter down the rabbit hole on "cottage industry" cans, and have noticed a few things...

There are a large number of companies producing light, titanium, welded-baffle-contruction cans in k, s, and L configurations. Their pricing varies wildly, for what appear to be identical products.

example:
Otter Creek Hydrogen S: $850, 7", 1.625" OD, 9.5oz
DD sTI: $675, 6.75", 1.625" OD, 9.3oz
DA Nomad S: $1015, 6.5", 1.735" OD, 9.6oz

What am I missing here? (other than about half a dozen identical cans from different companies)

-J

I just got off the phone with deligent defense and I will be getting in their enticer LTI and STI to demo, not sure on lead time but I will post about them here when they arrive.

Also talked to JK Armament and will be checking some of their new stuff around mid may

Reactions: NSI
OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I just got off the phone with deligent defense and I will be getting in their enticer LTI and STI to demo, not sure on lead time but I will post about them here when they arrive.

Also talked to JK Armament and will be checking some of their new stuff around mid may
I’ve had the LTI on order for a month.

Beaverdog

FNG
I am about a centimeter down the rabbit hole on "cottage industry" cans, and have noticed a few things...

There are a large number of companies producing light, titanium, welded-baffle-contruction cans in k, s, and L configurations. Their pricing varies wildly, for what appear to be identical products.

example:
Otter Creek Hydrogen S: $850, 7", 1.625" OD, 9.5oz
DD sTI: $675, 6.75", 1.625" OD, 9.3oz
DA Nomad S: $1015, 6.5", 1.735" OD, 9.6oz

What am I missing here? (other than about half a dozen identical cans from different companies)

-J
Depends on the company, thunderbeast, dead air are bigger companies more overhead and youre paying a lot for the name. otter creek, diligent, liberty precision are all small time form 1 boys turned form 4 and are just starting to make a name for themselves.

CentennialState

Lil-Rokslider
Ryan has asked me to post my own bro science testing in this thread, with my cans. I'm going to wait until I recieve the rugged alaskan TI to do the test I think tho, should be another week or 2. Pictured left to right I currently have the raptor 10, dead air nomad TI, raptor 8, raptor 6, raptor 4 and a few of the bull barrel AB reflexes
can you speak to the (perceived) sound difference between the raptor 6 and raptor 8. Assume both are being shot with a 3” reflex. I’ve been leaning towards the 6 for hunting with my 300 WM but if the suppression is significantly better with the 8, I’d be willing to carry an extra ounce or two. Thank you

can you speak to the (perceived) sound difference between the raptor 6 and raptor 8. Assume both are being shot with a 3” reflex. I’ve been leaning towards the 6 for hunting with my 300 WM but if the suppression is significantly better with the 8, I’d be willing to carry an extra ounce or two. Thank you
The 8 will be quieter for sure but the 6 should be enough if the extra oz and inch in length is a big deal to you. I think the 8 with a 3" reflex is what I would go with for a 30 cal magnum since the weight and length is close between those 2 cans and you can just leave the reflex off if trying to save weight, since they include a DT adapter along with the reflex length of your choosing. Range time with reflex, hunt with the direct thread. That's just my opinion, hope it helps

CentennialState

Lil-Rokslider
The 8 will be quieter for sure but the 6 should be enough if the extra oz and inch in length is a big deal to you. I think the 8 with a 3" reflex is what I would go with for a 30 cal magnum since the weight and length is close between those 2 cans and you can just leave the reflex off if trying to save weight, since they include a DT adapter along with the reflex length of your choosing. Range time with reflex, hunt with the direct thread. That's just my opinion, hope it helps
Thanks so much! I So helpful to hear from guys with real-world experience and comparisons; appreciate your time!

mt100gr.

WKR
Maybe it's in this thread, but have you shot a Raptor 8 next to Diligent Defense Enticer? The DD LTi has impressive numbers, but I really want a shorter overall can this time around. I was pretty set on the Hyperion K, then the Raptor 8. Then I started poking around the DD site and the STi and LTi are on my radar now, too. But I keep coming back to the Raptor 8 based on the bro-science accounts since they aren't on the pew science lists....

My goals are ultimate sound suppression for practicing at my home and keeping my daughters interested in shooting as often as we can/want in the back yard. And having a shorter can for hunting with everything from a .223 thru 300WM...tho mostly on a 6.5cm or my 18" 6.5 SAUM and the .223.

I am leaning toward the Raptor 8 with a 4 inch reflex. I have a Banish 30 that does well for me @ 9 inch config, but if I can go quieter at home, I'd like to. Keep it max suppression for the girls And lighter for hunting for me by dropping the reflex. Thanks.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Maybe it's in this thread, but have you shot a Raptor 8 next to Diligent Defense Enticer? The DD LTi has impressive numbers, but I really want a shorter overall can this time around. I was pretty set on the Hyperion K, then the Raptor 8. Then I started poking around the DD site and the STi and LTi are on my radar now, too. But I keep coming back to the Raptor 8 based on the bro-science accounts since they aren't on the pew science lists....

My goals are ultimate sound suppression for practicing at my home and keeping my daughters interested in shooting as often as we can/want in the back yard. And having a shorter can for hunting with everything from a .223 thru 300WM...tho mostly on a 6.5cm or my 18" 6.5 SAUM and the .223.

I am leaning toward the Raptor 8 with a 4 inch reflex. I have a Banish 30 that does well for me @ 9 inch config, but if I can go quieter at home, I'd like to. Keep it max suppression for the girls And lighter for hunting for me by dropping the reflex. Thanks.

I’m kinda in the same boat. I ordered an Enticer LTI, it looks to be the best “bang” for my bucks at 10oz. I’m building a 16” 6UM and hope this suppressor is the one.

Not yet unfortunately, I literally just put an order in with DD for the enticer LTI, enticer STI and their new wolf hunter. Lead time is supposedly 3-4 weeks, so Ryan should have his he ordered from them before me. So hopefully he can get his thoughts on it out sooner than I will

sram9102

WKR
I’m kinda in the same boat. I ordered an Enticer LTI, it looks to be the best “bang” for my bucks at 10oz. I’m building a 16” 6UM and hope this suppressor is the one.
Did DD have any worry running a magnum in that short of a barrel? I have an sti on order and am debating on length of a 300wsm barrel i need to get threaded.

Did DD have any worry running a magnum in that short of a barrel? I have an sti on order and am debating on length of a 300wsm barrel i need to get threaded.
It says 20" min for 300wm, you might wanna give em a call tomorrow and ask, they were friendly when I spoke with the dealer rep

mt100gr.

WKR
Well, I'm really hoping that you can round up some bros and shoot it next to your Raptor! (And others)