Football fans???

sndmn11

"DADDY"
I stopped watching baseball because of plays like that holding call.

Reading the reaction of the players involved, they didn't think it was a penalty. Juju sure didn't and started walking off the field. Same thing with baseball and reply; everyone on the field is satisfied with a call but some outside influence isn't and the play is changed. Not to mention that route Juju ran is designed to initiate contact to create separation.

LostArra

WKR
Ironically the NYT just did an article on the groundskeeper. He has been in charge of the field for all 57 Super Bowls. May be time for a change but I think Glendale has a history of shaky turf.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
James Bradberrry said, I did hold, but did not think it was flagrant enough to be called. There were a few missed calls in the game, KC offensive lineman moved .5 seconds before snap, not called. Refs. are human and, from time to time bad calls are made, it's the nature of the game. I think both calls on iffy catches were correct. First one, little flare out pass, he never took more than one step before ball was knocked out, no catch. Next one, more problematic, pass to wide receiver on side line, he makes catch, gets both feet in bounds with ball control, but losses control when he hit the ground out of bounds, no catch. I don't like the rule, but it is what it is. In my not so expert opinion, once the player is out of bounds the play should be over, nothing matters after that.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
evidently a concern earlier in the season- looks like the needed the jumbo length spikes!
That is one DIFFERENT field, I was looking for the right word. Because it is natural turf, it is on a rolling platform so they roll it outdoors to get sunlight, sometimes they roll it out to hold other events not played or perform on turf. I have no idea what the base is, or how deep or, well compact it is. And yes maybe longer spikes would have helped. Hell even when I played high school football, we had different spikes for different field and weather condition. I know the NFL is case tight, HA, HA HA, but come on man. I know all teams have all sort of cleats, maybe they tried Dif. ones and could come up with right fit.

Last edited:

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Forget all the calls, no calls, the big difference was Hurts fumble when switching ball to back side hand. Scoop and score. Without that, and all other things remaining the same, Eagles would have won, would have could have should have. I had the Eagles to win. I still believe they are the better team. Just not yesterday.

jimwinks

FNG
Turnovers & penalties are usually the determining factors in such a closely matched game. The fumble was the difference last night.

manitou1

WKR
evidently a concern earlier in the season- looks like the needed the jumbo length spikes!
Almost appeared as if they "over watered" it or something. I don't recall ever seeing that much slipping aside from games in rain or snow.

jimh406

WKR

GLENDALE, AZ — After an exciting, hard-fought, back-and-forth gridiron battle between the Philadelphia Eagles and the Kansas City Chiefs, the NFL proudly announced that the referees had been named MVP of the Super Bowl LVII.

"This continues a longstanding tradition in our league," said NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell when presenting the award. "The officiating crew truly embodies what our game is all about. The referees made an impact that determined the outcome of this great game, and now they take their rightful place in the spotlight."

Fans and media alike were quick to decry the officiating of the game, believing bad calls were directly responsible for giving the victory to Kansas City. "Are you kiddin' me?!" shouted Eagles fan Jono Hughes after the game. "You're gonna call a holding penalty at that point in the game?! I had 200 bucks and ownership of my youngest kid riding on that game! Thanks a lot, refs! Jerks!"

Rumors were circulating that the officials had a vested interest in making sure the Chiefs came out on top. "It's ridiculous to insinuate that we were in any way impartial," said Head Referee Carl Cheffers after the game while wearing an autographed Patrick Mahomes jersey. "We take great pride in calling the game fairly and ensuring the right team wins. I can show you the script for the game if you don't believe me."

At publishing time, the referees had been last seen stuffing stacks of cash into their suitcases and sprinting out of State Farm Stadium to climb aboard the Chiefs' team bus.

BarCO

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Felt the same as the end of the Chiefs bangles, that penalty crushed what would likely have gone to OT. Still have to call it.

If the Chiefs wanted to score McKinnon would have run it in with less than 2 minutes left to go up 7, and Philly would have had to score a TD.
I would have enjoyed watching that.

And my Colts continue their love affair with Philly coaches. At least it’s not McDaniels.