Football fans???

BarCO

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
He admitted it was a penalty. Good on him for taking the high road. The main headline of the game is this call. Next you’re gonna try to tell me the halftime show was great.
The halftime show happened, just like the holding. Both penalties

Laramie

WKR
I honestly thought the officiating was terrible both ways tonight but I'm a referee so what do I know. I'm unbiased and honestly thought the chiefs got hosed on several bad calls or no calls numerous times prior to the ending drive. Humans error... go figure. The team that played a cleaner game won but I'm not sure they were the better team. Guessing if Andy was coaching on the other side the Eagles would have won. To me he is the real story... fantastic coach.

I'm looking forward to the day where refs are completely eliminated from the NFL and AI robots are implemented to officiate. Same for MLB. Seems sac relig I know but I don't care anymore, human refs need to be eliminated from professional sports. I don't believe the "they're part of the game" argument. Theres a right call and a wrong call on every play, period. Let Elon build the NFL zebra striped robots.

Great second half adjustment by Reid and the chiefs. Great game by both sides. I felt like the chiefs had all the momentum after the punt, but still woulda liked to see the last two minutes be something other than let them score, take a knee, penalty, etc

elkguide

WKR
Footballisms. . . .
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble the football"....

–S Heisman, first football coach at Rice

"I make my practices real hard because if a player is a quitter, I want him to quit in practice, not in a game."
– Bear Bryant / Alabama

"It isn’t necessary to see a good tackle, you can hear it!”
- Knute Rockne / Notre Dame

"At Georgia Southern, we don't cheat.
That costs money, and we don't have any."

– Erik Russell / Georgia Southern

"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it."

- Lou Holtz / Arkansas - Notre Dame

"When you win, nothing hurts."

- Joe Namath / Alabama

"A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall."

- Frank Leahy / Notre Dame

"There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you."

- Woody Hayes / Ohio State

"I don't expect to win enough games to be put on NCAA probation. I just want to win enough to warrant an investigation."

- Bob Devaney / Nebraska

"In Alabama, an atheist is someone who doesn't believe in Bear Bryant."

- Wally Butts / Georgia

"I never graduated from Iowa. But I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."

– Alex Karras / Iowa

"My advice to defensive players is to take the shortest route to the ball and arrive in a bad humor.”
- Bowden Wyatt / Tennessee

"I could have been a Rhodes Scholar except for my grades."

- Duffy Daugherty / Michigan State

"
Always remember Goliath was a 40-point favorite over David."
- Shug Jordan / Auburn

"I asked Darrell Royal, the coach of the Texas Longhorns, why he didn't recruit me. "
He said, "
Well, Walt, we took a look at you, and you weren't any good."
-
Walt Garrison / Oklahoma State/Dallas Cowboys

"Son, you've got a good engine, but your hands aren't on the steering wheel."
- Bobby Bowden / Florida State

"Football is NOT a contact sport, it is a collision sport.
Dancing IS a contact sport."
-
Duffy Daugherty / Michigan State

After USC lost 51-0 to Notre Dame, his post-game message to his team was.

"All those who need showers, take them."
- John McKay / USC

"
If lessons are learned in defeat, our team is getting a great education.”
- Murray Warmath / Minnesota

"The only qualifications for a lineman are to be big and dumb.

To be a back, you only have to be dumb."

"We live one day at a time and scratch where it itches."

- Darrell Royal / Texas

"We didn't tackle well today, but we made up for it by not blocking."

- John McKay / USC

"I've found that prayers work best when you have big players."

Ohio State's Urban Meyer on one of his players:
"He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear.
In fact, I just saw his grades and he doesn't know the meaning of a lot of words.”

LostArra

WKR
Footballisms. . . .
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble the football"....

–S Heisman, first football coach at Rice

"I make my practices real hard because if a player is a quitter, I want him to quit in practice, not in a game."
– Bear Bryant / Alabama

"It isn’t necessary to see a good tackle, you can hear it!”

"At Georgia Southern, we don't cheat.
That costs money, and we don't have any."

– Erik Russell / Georgia Southern

"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it."
- Lou Holtz / Arkansas - Notre Dame

"When you win, nothing hurts."
- Joe Namath / Alabama

"A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall."
- Frank Leahy / Notre Dame

"There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you."
- Woody Hayes / Ohio State

"I don't expect to win enough games to be put on NCAA probation. I just want to win enough to warrant an investigation."
- Bob Devaney / Nebraska

"In Alabama, an atheist is someone who doesn't believe in Bear Bryant."

- Wally Butts / Georgia

"I never graduated from Iowa. But I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
– Alex Karras / Iowa

"My advice to defensive players is to take the shortest route to the ball and arrive in a bad humor.”
- Bowden Wyatt / Tennessee

"I could have been a Rhodes Scholar except for my grades."
- Duffy Daugherty / Michigan State

"
Always remember Goliath was a 40-point favorite over David."
- Shug Jordan / Auburn

"I asked Darrell Royal, the coach of the Texas Longhorns, why he didn't recruit me. "
He said, "
Well, Walt, we took a look at you, and you weren't any good."
-
Walt Garrison / Oklahoma State/Dallas Cowboys

"Son, you've got a good engine, but your hands aren't on the steering wheel."
- Bobby Bowden / Florida State

"Football is NOT a contact sport, it is a collision sport.
Dancing IS a contact sport."
-
Duffy Daugherty / Michigan State

After USC lost 51-0 to Notre Dame, his post-game message to his team was.
"All those who need showers, take them."
- John McKay / USC

"
If lessons are learned in defeat, our team is getting a great education.”
- Murray Warmath / Minnesota

"The only qualifications for a lineman are to be big and dumb.
To be a back, you only have to be dumb."

"We live one day at a time and scratch where it itches."
- Darrell Royal / Texas

"We didn't tackle well today, but we made up for it by not blocking."
- John McKay / USC

"I've found that prayers work best when you have big players."

Ohio State's Urban Meyer on one of his players:
"He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear.
In fact, I just saw his grades and he doesn't know the meaning of a lot of words.”

Thanks for the Monday morning laugh!

prm

WKR
I thought it was a good game. I thought the call at the end was a little nit picky. The two that annoyed me were first, the Eagles player catches the ball, turns to run and is hit losing the ball. Called a no catch. Second, the Eagles guy catches the ball along the side lines and has the ball and a foot down for roughly one millisecond, yet that is a catch. Two different situations I understand. The calls may have been correct per the rules, not debating whether the calls were correct. It seemed the rules are inconsistent on what constitutes a catch.
I got to talk to Eric Bienemy a few times back in college when we had a class together. He always seemed like a really good guy so I was happy to see him on the winning side. Next KC head coach?

Doghed

WKR
If its holding early in the first quarter then its holding late in the fourth quarter. It doesn't matter if its week one or the super bowl.

Bradbury admitted it was a hold. He did so because he knows there are probably a half dozen angles that show it and he doesn't want to look as silly as all the folks claiming it wasn't holding.

It wasn't the jersey tug as he ran away, it was the first grab that impeded the his ability to spin out of the inside route. DB's do it about every time they're in that situation. Saying refs don't call it that close to the line of scrimmage is ridiculous. The reason DB's hold near the line is because they know its difficult for the officials to see in that spot and if they get caught its only a 5 yard penalty instead of something much more down field.

The officials aren't the problem.

Eagles lead the league in sacks but got ZERO last night? That's a problem.
Fumbling the ball? That's a problem.
Being in a close game late in the 4th against Reid and Mahomes? That's a BIG problem.
The play calling at the end was brilliant.

jimh406

WKR
It was a penalty that shouldn't have been called. Fwiw, there are calls that "could" be made on almost every play.

Of course, KC got a few to go their way in the AFC Championship, too. That's ok, but I'd prefer watching games that aren't decided by the black and white jerseys. ;)