Favorite Bourbon Opinions

DMurphy

FNG
So I'm about to (hopefully) lose on my first house. To celebrate I'd like to by myself a bottle. It can be bourbon, scotch, cognac, run, Irish or Canadian whiskey. Or anything else honestly. Probably not tequila. I'm looking at between 3-5 hundo. Lay some suggestions on me.
Get yourself a bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue. It's delicious and perfect for a celebratory sipping drink.

Whisky

WKR
So I'm about to (hopefully) lose on my first house. To celebrate I'd like to by myself a bottle. It can be bourbon, scotch, cognac, run, Irish or Canadian whiskey. Or anything else honestly. Probably not tequila. I'm looking at between 3-5 hundo. Lay some suggestions on me.

Really depends on what you like. Macallan 18 is pretty safe as is Glenlivet 21. If you like smoky, strong flavors, I would recommend Talisker 18.

Get yourself a bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue. It's delicious and perfect for a celebratory sipping drink.

Can not argue with the Macallan 18 and JW Blue Label recommendations. I've had both, although I've never purchased my own bottles. They are great!

Lagavulin 16 if you want some peat.

Badseed

WKR
Closing on a new house is a great excuse to splurge on a bottle. Just did this a few months ago haha. I'm a pretty big whiskey fan (have about 50-60 bottles in my "collection"), so I know what I like and therefore what I'd consider a fairly special bottle for me. Anyway....had to look around a bit but was able to get this year's Wild Turkey Masters Keep, 17 year bottled in bond. Comes in a nice fancy box and fancy bottle, and is absolutely killer. But I really like the Wild Turkey profile. If you like some of their other stuff, I'd say that's a solid option if you can find one. Congrats on the new place!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Check out Garrison Brothers cowboy bourbon. If you like strong smooth bourbon this is tough to beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2ski

WKR
Can not argue with the Macallan 18 and JW Blue Label recommendations. I've had both, although I've never purchased my own bottles. They are great!

I have a bottle of Lag. 16. Really good stuff.

Badseed

WKR
A friend just gave me a bottle of basil and I am pretty impressed. Its good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DMurphy

FNG
Basil Hayden's is good all of the time. Basil Hayden's is best at a deer camp poker table the evening before opening day.

Sevens

WKR

Feel like JW Blue is overrated for what it is. Had a bottle gifted to me and, while it is good, didn't think it was that good.

I'd throw in something like the Dalmore Cigar Malt or Balvenie 21 year Port Wood to celebrate with. If you like peat, look to Ardbeg.

Tick

WKR
Jefferson's Reserve Very Old, Woodford Reserve, and Basil Hayden have been easy to find and popular bottles at deer camp this year. Some good recommendations from all of these postings.

DEHusker

WKR
Makers 46 is my go-to everyday bourbon. Really like Elijah Craig, BH, Angels Envy, WT rare breed.
Recently tried Eagle Rare due to this thread and liked it. Not sure why it’s so hard to get...lots of good bourbons around right now. Also recently tried Old Forrester Prohibition Style and really liked that too. Michters ditto. Love bourbon but have never had the fortune of trying one of the super hard to get varieties. Maybe some day...some of that stuff borders on the mythical.

Blackstorm

Lil-Rokslider
I like the Makers 46 and my wife like the Woodford reserve as our daily level stuff, Blanton's is my higher end when it can be found

Not impressed with Russell’s at all. Burns through the nostrils something awful. The Sazerac is better but not by a wide margin. Live and learn.

The_Yetti

Lil-Rokslider
I've been stuck on Rebecca Creek for a while, tried other stuff and keep coming back to it.

I’m gonna double down on my first impressions of Russell’s Reserve. I gave it another shot later and I do like it. Still not hot on the Saz. Went to a Christmas dinner at a nice place last night and I tried Blantons for the first time. It was fine but not outstanding like I expected. Still thinking my favorite is Woodford double Oaked.