Favorite Bourbon Opinions

Blanton's has replaced Basil Hayden as my go to but the price of Blanton's is getting ridiculous around here. From there, Old Forester, Knob Creek, and Bulleit. Can't stand Maker's Mark for some reason... I've never like it.

Unfortunately (for my wallet) I also like single malt scotch. Lagavulin 16 is a favorite followed by Oban 14, Oban little bay.... Haven't ventured much into the 18s because well...I need to buy hunting gear too.

Dammit I need a drink now...

OK, so not bourbon, but anybody ever tried this? My wife bought this for me for our anniversary. Comes in a nice pretty tin box.
4a13ea1cf3705fcb05ac85945debb980.jpg

7ecb12838eb661dfd55fe72501fd7452.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RWB

FNG
Great subject for my first post, lol!!!

Have always loved Blanton's probably still my #1 but it's nearly impossible to find anymore. Next up, not far behind at all is Four Roses Single Barrel. I have had the regular Four Roses as well as the small batch too, and the single barrel if you can find it is hands down smoother, with a more enjoyable taste profile. I will usually pick up 2 or 3 bottles any time I find it in store, would do the same on the rare occasion that I find Blanton's too.

You have to drink the above two neat, or with one or two ice cubes to really enjoy it. Trust me on this one.

There are a lot of other decent bourbons for putting in a flask and taking on a camping trip, or sharing with buddies: namely Woodford, Bulleit, Eagle Rare etc, and I ran across a bottle of Five Drops by WildRye Distilling out of Bozeman a couple years ago and enjoyed it as well.

Best bourbon drink - old fashioned, but as with many mixed drinks go mid-level here like a Bulleit as the sugar, bitters, etc power the flavor. If you haven't tried it and like making your own Old Fashioned, pick up or order a bottle of gum syrup and use that instead of a sugar cube. I can't fully describe the difference but it gets an extraordinarily smooth mouth feel to the drink.

I like Buffalo Trace for a less expensive bourbon and lately I have beed enjoying Old Forester 1920 prohibition style bourbon.

boom

WKR
i have taken to enjoy local bourbons and ryes. i looked to see what the distilleries in my area are making.

i landed on one company. Sonoma County Distilleries. their Rye is amazing to me. i just bought their bourbon as well, and it is sweeter becasue my tastebuds are calibrated to ryes. but it is very very good.

and bonus. it's extra special at deer/elk camp because the team cant get it, because it is local only to me. nice to pour them something not typically avaliable. i usually send one of them with the leftovers - but there is rarely any left.

bat-cave

WKR
FWIW, if you are like me and are always on the lookout for those special Bourbon's / Whiskeys, consider downloading the tap hunter App. You can tell it your locations and what you are looking for and when participating liquor stores have it, they announce and you can beat feet to the store.

I recently got an alert for Blanton's and got there ~45 min later as it's across town. I was too late (they sold it all in 8 min). I did however score a bottle of Weller Reserve (Steal for $40 IMHO) and a bottle of Eagle Rare recently Thanks to Tap Hunter.

nubrun

FNG
My score from today. They had 5-6 bottles of eagle rare so I thought I would give it a try. The Old Elk is a straight wheat whiskey which sounds interesting.
195bcb384eba07cf9ac09f1d04440a0f.jpg

I like Makers Mark or 4 Roses for the mass produced stuff. My go to bourbon is Laws Whiskey House 4 grain or their Rye is pretty awesome. They are local to Denver and they support conservation organizations.

2ski

WKR
I was at the liquor store the other night. The guy tells me Benchmark #8 tastes the same as some $40 bottle and only cost $10. The new whiskey bar in bozeman has a contest where you pick out the difference between that, the one he said it tastes like, Eagle Rare and another one. So what's $10. I buy it. I need to go do the contest because that Benchmark is not equal. And if anyone wants a bottle of Benchmark and lives around Bozeman, well its all you.

Wib

Lil-Rokslider
Was at my favorite bourbon store (a coffee shop that sells liquor and cigars) last week and asked if they had any top shelf stuff hidden away. He said sure and took me to the back room. He had some good stuff all right, and most out of my price range. Pappy 20 year for $1999. George Stagg and Stagg Jr for $150. Old Rip and several others I didn’t ask about. He had a bottle of Weller 12 but wouldn’t sell it to me, said it was his only bottle and for himself. Left with an ordinary bottle of Willet, which I do like very much. Bought a bottle of Joe Magnus cigar blend here a year ago which is hard to find.

Bobbyboe

WKR
Was at my favorite bourbon store (a coffee shop that sells liquor and cigars) last week and asked if they had any top shelf stuff hidden away. He said sure and took me to the back room. He had some good stuff all right, and most out of my price range. Pappy 20 year for $1999. George Stagg and Stagg Jr for $150. Old Rip and several others I didn’t ask about. He had a bottle of Weller 12 but wouldn’t sell it to me, said it was his only bottle and for himself. Left with an ordinary bottle of Willet, which I do like very much. Bought a bottle of Joe Magnus cigar blend here a year ago which is hard to find.

Id pay $150 for Stagg, but not jr.

Stopped in a store today to look around a pick up some beer. They had eagle rare, calumet 12 year, and a local 2020 limited release, all for reasonable prices. I decided to pass and not hoard bourbon. I’m sure I made someone else’s day by passing them up!

My hoard is too big right now. I need to drink some bottles before I buy more. One of my favorites right now are knob creek store picks. They are cheap and very, very good!

2ski

WKR
So I'm about to (hopefully) lose on my first house. To celebrate I'd like to by myself a bottle. It can be bourbon, scotch, cognac, run, Irish or Canadian whiskey. Or anything else honestly. Probably not tequila. I'm looking at between 3-5 hundo. Lay some suggestions on me.

buffsmoker

Lil-Rokslider
So I'm about to (hopefully) lose on my first house. To celebrate I'd like to by myself a bottle. It can be bourbon, scotch, cognac, run, Irish or Canadian whiskey. Or anything else honestly. Probably not tequila. I'm looking at between 3-5 hundo. Lay some suggestions on me.
Closing on a new house is a great excuse to splurge on a bottle. Just did this a few months ago haha. I'm a pretty big whiskey fan (have about 50-60 bottles in my "collection"), so I know what I like and therefore what I'd consider a fairly special bottle for me. Anyway....had to look around a bit but was able to get this year's Wild Turkey Masters Keep, 17 year bottled in bond. Comes in a nice fancy box and fancy bottle, and is absolutely killer. But I really like the Wild Turkey profile. If you like some of their other stuff, I'd say that's a solid option if you can find one. Congrats on the new place!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
Really depends on what you like. Macallan 18 is pretty safe as is Glenlivet 21. If you like smoky, strong flavors, I would recommend Talisker 18.

Figured there's a few on here that like a good bourbon.

Let's break this into 2 categories. What's your favorite bourbon under $30? What's you favorite for any dollar amount?

For under $30, weller green label is my hands down favorite if I can find it. I'll take regular buffalo trace as my backup if I can't find weller.

Favorite for any amount is probably Woodford double oaked. Blanton's comes in right behind that. Never tried the real expensive stuff like pappy.

What do y'all like?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Mitchens
Figured there's a few on here that like a good bourbon.

Let's break this into 2 categories. What's your favorite bourbon under $30? What's you favorite for any dollar amount?

For under $30, weller green label is my hands down favorite if I can find it. I'll take regular buffalo trace as my backup if I can't find weller.

Favorite for any amount is probably Woodford double oaked. Blanton's comes in right behind that. Never tried the real expensive stuff like pappy.

What do y'all like?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Michter’s small batch

mts6175

FNG
Longtime lurker making his first post. Figured this was a good thread to do it since I like my brown water. I would highly recommend Stranahan's Diamond Peak. Haven't finished reading the thread, so forgive me if it's been discussed.