Favorite Bourbon Opinions

Kobuk

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a couple of those 2L oak barrels as Christmas gifts for my sons. I can't wait to see how they work. It sounds like you can put in a decient bourbon like woodford reserve and with the small barrels you only have to age it for a month or so and it is equivelent to a full size barrel aging for like 7 years! Something to do with the ratio of liquid to wood area. I think that we'll try and fill it up, age it and then do a taste test against the remaining amount from the bottle we poured from

Squincher

WKR
I've tried about all of the commonly available bourbons and haven't found any really bad ones, but I keep coming back to Woodford.

My vote for something under $30 is Smoke Wagon. Call me crazy but it is really good. I was always a W12 and Blanton’s guy. But those have became so hard to get I had to find something new. Give it a try.

Badseed

WKR
I bought a couple of those 2L oak barrels as Christmas gifts for my sons. I can't wait to see how they work. It sounds like you can put in a decient bourbon like woodford reserve and with the small barrels you only have to age it for a month or so and it is equivelent to a full size barrel aging for like 7 years! Something to do with the ratio of liquid to wood area. I think that we'll try and fill it up, age it and then do a taste test against the remaining amount from the bottle we poured from

Those barrels work amazing! Your sons will enjoy them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wib

Lil-Rokslider
I’m gonna double down on my first impressions of Russell’s Reserve. I gave it another shot later and I do like it. Still not hot on the Saz. Went to a Christmas dinner at a nice place last night and I tried Blantons for the first time. It was fine but not outstanding like I expected. Still thinking my favorite is Woodford double Oaked.
Certainly for affordable bourbon Woodford Double Oaked is also my favorite. I normally like my bourbon straight up or on the rocks. This one though is better neat. Add water to it and I swear it changes the flavor and bite. Maybe all bourbons affected a bit by water, but this one very noticeably and not for the better.

So while not bourbon, but in my constant quest to find a superb pour, I am having a really difficult time finding something tastier than this. And like divorce, it’s not cheap but, it’s worth it!
0b15b723f15f45dc3d80b0306b5c77be.jpg

Last edited:
Figured there's a few on here that like a good bourbon.

Let's break this into 2 categories. What's your favorite bourbon under $30? What's you favorite for any dollar amount?

For under $30, weller green label is my hands down favorite if I can find it. I'll take regular buffalo trace as my backup if I can't find weller.

Favorite for any amount is probably Woodford double oaked. Blanton's comes in right behind that. Never tried the real expensive stuff like pappy.

What do y'all like?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Favorite Bourbon Period: Knob Creek

Under 30 Dollars: Knob Creek on sale

Thanks to you that suggested Elijah Craig made a Costco run today and chose Elijah over Four Roses. I will pick that one up next run. Elijah is damn smooth. Not much experience other than Makers Mark and Makers 46 along with Knob Creek. So just getting the collection going. Great thread

ADR

FNG
Rabbit hole finished in sherry casks is probably my all time favorite.

Angels envy rye if feeling something unique

Woodford reserve for general usage

love this thread

BuddyS

FNG
Under $30 Elijah Craig or Buffalo Trace
Over $30 (not by much) Basil Hayden

Can’t get Weller or E.H. Taylor here in Virginia unfortunately.
And not a big fan of Blanton’s but I’ll keep buying until I can finish my stopper set lol

SpaceMan

FNG
I’m a big fan of Clyde Mays. However under $30 my favorite is Sexton which is an Irish whiskey at about $23 a bottle.8D1BEA8C-4562-4871-B3AF-DC78EA92A869.jpeg

slingerHB

Lil-Rokslider
Got this bottle from a friend. It's made out of ennis mt and is verrrry good!
134bde75a708ee7663d267907fbf158b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Badseed

WKR
Just came across another great whiskey. Hard to find but well worth it!

c0af8c72a4d51b0391ef1675556c6c0a.jpg