Dead Air Nomad Ti XC

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
That Lti xc is going to be really quiet...I would compare this Xc I have as almost the same sound suppression as the Enticer Lti, which is really good being more than 1 inch shorter. So I would expect the Xc Lti to out preform the enticer by a significant amount.
They tested the ti xc and the enticer lti at the sound summit, what is interesting in looking at those results is the ti xc was louder at the muzzle but quiter at the shooters ear.

WKR
They tested the ti xc and the enticer lti at the sound summit, what is interesting in looking at those results is the ti xc was louder at the muzzle but quiter at the shooters ear.
Which I think was on 308? I would guess the difference is more pronounced as you go up in cartridge class. My STi and my nomad LT are pretty similar on 223/6/6.5. When I swap them on 7prc, the difference is significant to say the least. I'd guess the nomad xc pulls away prc/magnum and above even more.

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
Which I think was on 308? I would guess the difference is more pronounced as you go up in cartridge class. My STi and my nomad LT are pretty similar on 223/6/6.5. When I swap them on 7prc, the difference is significant to say the least. I'd guess the nomad xc pulls away prc/magnum and above even more.
I can try the XC on a 20" 7 prc that currently has the DD Lti on it but I really want to look into getting something that would measure db or sound instead of just using my ears, otherwise its just conjecture.

JRS3

Lil-Rokslider
The Scythe is lighter by 2.3 ounces than the Nomad Ti XC. Are there any other notable advantages to the Ti Xc? I’m willing to give up 2oz if the Ti XC is noticeably quieter

7.3 ox vs 9.6 oz is not a deal killer to me if I can gain much more suppression.

Tahoe1305

WKR
The Scythe is lighter by 2.3 ounces than the Nomad Ti XC. Are there any other notable advantages to the Ti Xc? I’m willing to give up 2oz if the Ti XC is noticeably quieter

7.3 ox vs 9.6 oz is not a deal killer to me if I can gain much more suppression.
I think your weights are a tad off. He measured in previous post. 8 for scythe vs 9.4 for XC. Actual not advertised.

He also stated XC was noticeably quieter. Newer 3D printed tech and close to 20% more volume (estimated) should be quieter.

Scythe is still BA for a 5.8” can.

Reactions: WKR

B23

WKR
That Lti xc is going to be really quiet..
Looks like I'm going to find out a lot sooner than I thought because I just got the "Approved" status email.

Wow, only 1.5 days to go from submitted to approved. I guess it pays to have a clean record after all.

I'm even more tempted to get the shorter Ti XC now.

Are the any concerns with 3d printed silencers vs traditional manufacture? I was all set on the scythe , but it is oos and I can get an Ti XC now. Just curious if there is any info on printed suppressors from a longevity standpoint.

I can try the XC on a 20" 7 prc that currently has the DD Lti on it but I really want to look into getting something that would measure db or sound instead of just using my ears, otherwise its just conjecture.

While you are correct in regards to the dB, one thing that a lot of people tend to overlook is the fact that each person "hears" a bit differently so tone makes a big difference to individual shooters.
What I mean by this is that while one can may have a peak dB rating higher than another, it will also have a different frequency, which will most likely affect how an individuals ear "hears" the sound. For instance, Ti cans tend to emit a higher frequency sound than SS cans. For me, a person who has lost a good portion of my high frequency hearing in my left ear, that means that Ti cans usually sound "deader" to my ear than a SS can. However, to someone who did a better job of protecting their hearing when they were younger a SS can sounds better to them than a Ti can, even when that Ti can has a lower dB rating by 1-3dB.

TLDR; cans that are within a couple dB of each other will most likely come down to personal preference when it comes to which one sounds better to an individual.

Reactions: LoH
Are the any concerns with 3d printed silencers vs traditional manufacture? I was all set on the scythe , but it is oos and I can get an Ti XC now. Just curious if there is any info on printed suppressors from a longevity standpoint.

Not really. They are relatively new on the US market, but I know that there have been quite a few of them floating around New Zealand for a while and I haven't heard any negative news on them.

For the most part, the failures that I have read about and seen are due to baffle strikes or weld failures. I know that Dead Air had a rash of bad welds on their Nomad Ti cans, which is one of the main reasons they invested in the additive manufacturing capabilities to kick off the XC line.