Country music

tony

WKR
Watched his last interview the other day. One of the few country singers I like

WBrim

WKR
First CD I ever bought was Toby Kieth’s Unleashed.

Sometimes you beat that devil, sometimes you don’t. We’re all just killin time til the good lord calls us home.

anyone into Hardy?
I am liking that country metal!
I like a portion of his stuff. The straight up scream stuff is a bit much. I enjoy his continued middle finger attitude to the music industry. “Sold Out” is one of my favorites. But our house is currently under a Hardy moratorium because our 5 and 1.5 yr old learned all the lyrics to that one.

I’ve had some GREAT TK memories. He played We Fest almost every year for a long time. Unfortunately last time I saw him was here in AK about 9 years ago. He seemed wore out and they closed beer sales down once the concert started. So the whole mood of the concert sucked. Couldn’t blame him when he had no crowd to play off of. Playing Red Solo Cup to a bunch of sober folks drinking Dasani probably isn’t much fun.

I would crank “Country Comes to Town” driving home after every hitch back when I was a roughneck. (my Daddy was a roughneck too!)

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved

if you say so.
Well, I had not heard of Hardy or his song "4x4" but if he had anything to do with the person who has an "XX" chromosome in this video, I am now a Hardy fan and applaud his taste in persons who may have an "XX" chromosome. 😜

Eddie

Last edited:

if you say so.

Not sure if this is a joke or serious…rednecker is right up there amongst the worst of all time. As far as modern artists who sing country and hard rock, Koe wetzel’s pretty legit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At 50 yrs old I have already been an old fart in my musical tastes for a long time. Can't beat the classics: George Jones, the Hagg, Keith whitley, Gram Parsons and Emmylou...

Endless list of bluegrass artistists: Bill Monroe, Stanley bros, Jimmy Martin, Tony Rice, Skaggs, Seldom Scene, Bill Grant, country gentlemen, Nashville Bluegrass band, Blue Highway...

New bluegrass: Po Ramblin Boys, AJ Lee and Blue Summit, Dan Tyminski ( not really NEW but still current with new release).... lots more

New country/roots all sounds the same to me. I like it but it doesn't stick to my ears... Sturgill and Tyler ( although they didnt invent the style) have spawned so many folks that sound exactly like them.... so many ya'll have listed here all sound like these two guys to me.... music is all subjective and personal- to each his own. Appreciate everyone repping the artists you like. They can all use more fans and exposure.

Get off my lawn!