Colorado Heartbreak

A few weeks back, I put a post up asking for info on Gunnison, CO. I was in negotiations for buying a business out there and as of last Thursday I was 99% certain I had the deal done, but then a new buyer came in the picture and over bid me. My top dollar was maxed out.

It's on to the next business deal and maybe I can get out there someday.

Thanks to all that responded to my earlier post about Gunnison.

Schleppy

Lil-Rokslider
That sucks. At least you stuck to your initial upper limit. Frugality in business is far too uncommon. If you find some good duck hunting down in Arkansas that will make up for it.

OP
J
It was a lodging, restaurant, and convenient store. Will start looking for another one out there.

bbrown

WKR
That sucks man - sorry to hear it. I was looking forward to stopping by there this summer and introducing myself.
You will find another deal and to be honest I always wondered how that place stayed in business because it never looked like it was busy. Maybe for the best...

OP
J
You'd be a little shocked at what that place made as it was now. I was going to open it for the winter months for skiing at Monarch and snowmobiling out of that place as well. However, I could have bought it and fell flat on my face as well.

They are not the only business for sale in Colorado. It would have been great to meet you though. Hopefully, I can find something.

bnsafe

WKR
if you enjoy freedom colorado is not the place to buy a business. just saying

bbrown

WKR
Probably referencing the latest gun laws that just got signed into law this week. They are pointless, poorly written and will not/could not have prevented any of the recent shootings. Hell even a bunch of the sheriffs who ran public radio ads against the new laws are refusing to enforce them if that says anything.
It sucks because I was born and raised here but I am ashamed of these laws. It was bad enough when they banned spring bear hunts and trapping and to be honest I could not give a $hit about civil unions or weed. But now between these latest gun laws and RESIDENT tuition for ILLEGAL aliens I am seriously questioning my dream of raising my kids here.

Next election we need to band together and remove all these officials who have this fine state so upside down. To start with I wish we could require any legislators, senators or any other elected officials to be born here. That would eliminate all these California transplants who came here to leave that shit show of a state yet have Colorado heading down the same path.

Sorry rant over.

Ironman

Lil-Rokslider
I totally agree with you on all points. It's a shame that transplants can come in and flip such an awesome state upside down. Guess us Texans don't look so bad after all. I have owned property since '91 there, and my parents have owned property since the mid 60's.

The residency requirement of being born within the state would help a lot of states, but you know that could never fly. I'm seriously thinking of not hunting Colorado this year, due to these new laws. I certainly don't want to contribute to the hurting of good people in Colorado by any means, but I think that money lost would be a wake up call for the state. Sad, sad deal indeed.

Probably referencing the latest gun laws that just got signed into law this week. They are pointless, poorly written and will not/could not have prevented any of the recent shootings. Hell even a bunch of the sheriffs who ran public radio ads against the new laws are refusing to enforce them if that says anything.
It sucks because I was born and raised here but I am ashamed of these laws. It was bad enough when they banned spring bear hunts and trapping and to be honest I could not give a $hit about civil unions or weed. But now between these latest gun laws and RESIDENT tuition for ILLEGAL aliens I am seriously questioning my dream of raising my kids here.

Next election we need to band together and remove all these officials who have this fine state so upside down. To start with I wish we could require any legislators, senators or any other elected officials to be born here. That would eliminate all these California transplants who came here to leave that shit show of a state yet have Colorado heading down the same path.

Sorry rant over.

What specifically do the new laws target? My wife and I have a small affinity with southwestern CO and have been looking at a place to rent for the summer. I googled but looking for the hunter residents perspective.