clothing made in China

OP
B
I guess a start is a start but man, how much do you spend a year on hunting clothes? Sure "every bit counts" but you harm china more if you looked at your whole life and cut out as much as you can! Even purchasing from other Asian countries is much better because most are at odds with China.

But don't worry, the US is in the process of decoupling from China for lots of things and eventually more of this manufacturing will move anyway. To countries that don't rip off every technology brought to them!

In the mean time if it's already back here, china has been paid, so if you want to make a point to sitka or whoever writing that letter is probably as or more effective than not buying.
I look at it, every dollar taken from china is a dollar taken from their military build up. I look at every tag when I buy. It is difficult but if I can't find it from a country other than china odds are I won't buy it. I will use what gear I have.

OP
B
The 2nd eavesdropping ballon in 1 week is making me think about where I buy my clothing, As hunters I feel we have the ability to force change. Sitka says they are a global manufacturer, china, Europe, US and other countries. The only tags I see on Sitka gear is made in China. My gripe for the day
The whole idea of making products in China was to reduce costs to consumers. That is what companies told us. How are 130.00 dollar base layers and 400.00 plus jackets by sitka and other companies saving us money. If I am forced to buy clothes from china I will buy clothes at a fraction of the price of Sitka clothing. Sportsman as a whole can force change if we demand change. Please join a growing boycott and demand change from these companies that are charging exorbitant prices for garments that are made for pennies.

The 2nd eavesdropping ballon in 1 week is making me think about where I buy my clothing, As hunters I feel we have the ability to force change. Sitka says they are a global manufacturer, china, Europe, US and other countries. The only tags I see on Sitka gear is made in China. My gripe for the day
FORLOH has me interested right now. I just wish I could put hands on some before I dropped the money.

applepie_eli

Lil-Rokslider
FORLOH has me interested right now. I just wish I could put hands on some before I dropped the money.
I looked at it at the great outdoor show in PA last weekend. It seemed pretty nice. Probably just about on par with any of the other high end brands. I bought a base layer t shirt just to try out without having to drop $200. It seems pretty nice but nothing ground breaking. Honestly probably doesn't feel much different from my Nike pro combat shirt I bought 7 years ago. But I'll gladly pay $50 for that Made in USA label. The lightweight pants seemed really nice and so did the puffy jacket.

With anything you tend to get what you pay. Buy from a decent company, ideally made in US/ Europe that has standards and good warranty. I buy expensive clothes now that last easily five times longer. It takes a while for the value to show but it does show. Boots especially, spend on hand or bench made and you’ll have them for life.

I looked at it at the great outdoor show in PA last weekend. It seemed pretty nice. Probably just about on par with any of the other high end brands. I bought a base layer t shirt just to try out without having to drop $200. It seems pretty nice but nothing ground breaking. Honestly probably doesn't feel much different from my Nike pro combat shirt I bought 7 years ago. But I'll gladly pay $50 for that Made in USA label. The lightweight pants seemed really nice and so did the puffy jacket.

I bought a base layer shirt as well at Christmas. It’s nice and it fits well, but I’ve only had it on long enough to try on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a base layer shirt as well at Christmas. It’s nice and it fits well, but I’ve only had it on long enough to try on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have one of their deep space base layers and really like it. It isn’t the warmest worn by itself, but with something over it it is warm and regulates temps well

I'm all for it.. every penny that can be spent on goods manufactured in a better place is well worth the effort no matter how small. It all adds up, we have a population of over 300 million people, most of which are too f'ing lazy to stand up for what's right.
Yep. All the while we hear how’s it better to pay $9 for a shirt made in a sweat shop over seas, versus $25 for one made in this country with American materials. I’m so sick of hearing this. It’s the most apathetic and sad excuse for accepting what American politicians have done to this country.

We start by electing representatives that are for expanding American production. To change a lot of the policy tgat caused manufacturing to leave in the first place. We finish by backing it up when we have choices to buy American. It’s a simple problem to fix. But, it takes addressing it instead of reciting the pathetic lines that’s been fed to us by politicians. To justify their course of actions that put us here.

Definitely sucks buying anything from outside the US...especially China. If you are ever passing near Leadville, CO, stop by the Melanzana factory and store. Make marino wool and polartech hoodies there with material made in USA.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Definitely sucks buying anything from outside the US...especially China. If you are ever passing near Leadville, CO, stop by the Melanzana factory and store. Make marino wool and polartech hoodies there with material made in USA.
Too bad they don’t offer online shopping and shipping.

ironically, we use computers and phones made in China to post how we shouldn't buy things from China. then we drive our cars (made overseas) to try and find something made here.

Dos XX

WKR
My Samsung phone was made in Viet Nam. My F150 was made in Michigan. No irony here.

sndmn11

WKR
Curious if you have tried their cold jacket advanced A7? It looks a lot like a lost parka.

No, I just found that brand in Nov. trying to find a glove to replace my lost FL Shale. I got the light pair of leather gloves, liked them, so I got the wind shirt and wind pants, liked them, and got two pairs of the Rig Ult pant. This pants have been worn for business; they are very comfortable and should be great for summer since they are maybe 1/8th the thickness of my corrugate pants. That tweave material highlights why I like nylon but has exceeded my expectations so far in water resistance and a few times I've caught it on something and heard the snag sound, but haven't seen any pulls or marks.

I did order the wind shirt in 2xl Regular, which is what the Cold Advanced Jacket seems to be available in, and it fits fine for how I like it. My measurements are at the top of "XL" but I like baggier tops.

My wife did order some pants but didn't like the color or fit, or maybe both, and their return process is easy. I had the money back in my account the day after they received with their prepaid shipping labels.

If you liked synthetic insulation and were on with the weight of that jacket or the other one like it, I wouldn't hesitate to buy.

nobody

WKR
Right pretty tough to find boots not made in china. Just paid $300 for redwings made in Vietnam crazy with any luck they’ll last a year
I’ll bite on this.

Redwing has some domestic products and some not made in USA. My Moc Toe work boots are USA made. Depends on the line. Thorogood is USA made. Origin is USA. Carolina has some USA stuff, same with Danner. Work boots are actually extremely easy to buy USA made, easier than most things. Doesn’t even take any digging to find decent work boots that are USA made. And the price Is the same as your Vietnamese boots.

Hunting boots are harder. Big names like Crispi and Zamberlan are Italian, Hanwag is Croatia/Hungary, Lowa is Germany/Italy, Kennetrek Mountaineering Boots are Italian, Meindl is German, Scarpa is Italian. But still no China there, and that’s a ton of different boots that will fit different feet.

I would argue that footwear is the easiest thing to avoid China on, both in everyday life and in the hunting world. And there’s plenty of options too.

No, I just found that brand in Nov. trying to find a glove to replace my lost FL Shale. I got the light pair of leather gloves, liked them, so I got the wind shirt and wind pants, liked them, and got two pairs of the Rig Ult pant. This pants have been worn for business; they are very comfortable and should be great for summer since they are maybe 1/8th the thickness of my corrugate pants. That tweave material highlights why I like nylon but has exceeded my expectations so far in water resistance and a few times I've caught it on something and heard the snag sound, but haven't seen any pulls or marks.

I did order the wind shirt in 2xl Regular, which is what the Cold Advanced Jacket seems to be available in, and it fits fine for how I like it. My measurements are at the top of "XL" but I like baggier tops.

My wife did order some pants but didn't like the color or fit, or maybe both, and their return process is easy. I had the money back in my account the day after they received with their prepaid shipping labels.

If you liked synthetic insulation and were on with the weight of that jacket or the other one like it, I wouldn't hesitate to buy.
This is very helpful thank you! It looks like same insulation as lost parka and similar specs. For $159 I grabbed an XL tall last night to try. That’s good to hear about the sizing too. Their outlet section has some pretty solid deals for USA made just don’t know enough about this brand and really appreciate your help here!