clothing made in China

Iowafarmer

Lil-Rokslider
The 2nd eavesdropping ballon in 1 week is making me think about where I buy my clothing, As hunters I feel we have the ability to force change. Sitka says they are a global manufacturer, china, Europe, US and other countries. The only tags I see on Sitka gear is made in China. My gripe for the day
Right pretty tough to find boots not made in china. Just paid $300 for redwings made in Vietnam crazy with any luck they’ll last a year

There are some legit USA clothing options, but not a lot- sadly.

If you can find it, Patagonia, Arcteryx and Outdoor Research have USA made clothing for the military- it's hard to find and spendy, but it's top notch stuff.

Sitka also has a military line- Arrowhead (they have a website), some of it is made in the USA, some made in allied countries (TAA compliant vs Berry compliant)

There are smaller military contractors also making USA made clothing- takes some digging, but most of it is good.
We need to pin a list of products made in the USA or by our Allies.

Tbonespop

Lil-Rokslider
We source raw materials from all over the world as well as equipment parts from all over the world in order to manufacture our chemicals and equipment domestically. We try as hard as we can to source materials domestically, but in many cases its impossible not to get stuff from China. We often go to American manufacturers and give them pricing out of China (even with Tariffs added), and give them a chance to come in close or within a certain range of that pricing (we don't expect them to match or be cheaper, just be within a certain range of that). Often, we are told they won't even try to attempt to get us a price in the same range, even when we are coaching them. Its just more expensive to do business in the US given all the taxes and red tape from the government not to mention the environmental issues (don't get me wrong, some environmental stuff is reasonable). This is heavily influenced by the state government. Regardless, its just hard to get materials competitively priced not made in China. We do what we can and we assemble everything domestically (and produce what we can on our own).

prm

WKR
Unless I do not have a real choice, no made in china for me. Made in USA is preferred, but at least from countries with some semblance of western values. Ex: I have no issue with buying Lapua brass. There’s a lot of good stuff out there that is not from China. I don’t need Sitka that bad.

I'm all for it.. every penny that can be spent on goods manufactured in a better place is well worth the effort no matter how small. It all adds up, we have a population of over 300 million people, most of which are too f'ing lazy to stand up for what's right.

Don't blame the 300 million, blame the bloodsucking CEO that wanted to increase earnings to pad their bank account that moved the manufacturing machine there...

Vote at the ballot box and vote with your wallet when buying stuff. Not just hunting stuff but all your stuff. Sometimes you have no other reasonable choice but to purchase a product made in China, but when you do you should consider it first IMO.

I have no problem with communism in China if that is what the Chinese people want and accept, but I don't want it in the US. Nor do I want any other authoritarian regime. I prefer a free capitalist society where talent and hard work is rewarded so people have an incentive to be the best they can be. The problem with buying from China is that your money is funding their goal of being the dominant world power to the detriment of the US.

You do realize that a free capitalist society exists mostly for the self employed?

Working for a company in many ways is no different than the communism you detest so much where talent and hard work often goes unnoticed unless you're part of the clique...

OP
B
Another china spy balloon shot down over Lake Huron. We can demand change. If I have to buy china clothing it will be $40.00 stuff and not Sitka overpriced gear. It all starts one garment or 1 phone at a time.

Right pretty tough to find boots not made in china. Just paid $300 for redwings made in Vietnam crazy with any luck they’ll last a year
Danner has boots made in Oregon, just search their US made section. Santiam are excellent insulated winter hunting boots, made in Portland. Cost is $50-$150 more than their foreign made version.

applepie_eli

Lil-Rokslider
For what it's worth, I just checked the tags on all my Sitka gear (about 25 pieces) and about 16 out of 25 were not made in China. Mostly El Salvador, Vietnam, and there might have been one other. I agree it should be made in better places if it's gonna cost that much. I recall John Barklow mentioning that they were trying their best to get away from China in an Instagram post within the last couple years. I still think it's the best available right now. However, I did just buy my first Furloh shirt to give them a shot. I'll buy American if I can, but it's still gotta be quality stuff.

Iowafarmer

Lil-Rokslider
Danner has boots made in Oregon, just search their US made section. Santiam are excellent insulated winter hunting boots, made in Portland. Cost is $50-$150 more than their foreign made version.
SOME danger boots are made in USA not all I looked at em

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
You've literally posted this exact response in multiple threads. How original.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Obviously this member was counter productive to the type of community we are building here. Thanks for the heads up

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Received an email today that KUIU Merino is made in Vietnam. I believe Stone Glacier, Sitka and FL are made in China. Can’t verify that yet though