clothing made in China

The 2nd eavesdropping ballon in 1 week is making me think about where I buy my clothing, As hunters I feel we have the ability to force change. Sitka says they are a global manufacturer, china, Europe, US and other countries. The only tags I see on Sitka gear is made in China. My gripe for the day

Sadly, most everything seems to be made in China. I prefer to buy things not made in China but things are going to have to change.

Dos XX

WKR
Why is it clothing that is your focus? What about your phone? Your computer? Your TV? Tools in your garage? Range finder?

All that said, I have the same feelings about them. I ordered a bunch of Minus 33 stuff. I thought is was US made. It turns out only some of their socks are US made. I sent it all back.

I ordered a pair of Kuiu pants. They are made in Viet Nam. I guess that is better?

tony

WKR
Is global manufacturer the kinder and gentler way of saying made in china?
I mean if your searching the world for products, can't you at least bring those products here and make things?

def90

WKR
Why is it clothing that is your focus? What about your phone? Your computer? Your TV? Tools in your garage? Range finder?

All that said, I have the same feelings about them. I ordered a bunch of Minus 33 stuff. I thought is was US made. It turns out only some of their socks are US made. I sent it all back.

I ordered a pair of Kuiu pants. They are made in Viet Nam. I guess that is better?
This a hunting forum thus the hunting clothing slant? I doubt the other items are just flying over his head. Maybe he is on a consumer electronics forum complaining about TVs?

Blowdowner

Lil-Rokslider
The 2nd eavesdropping ballon in 1 week is making me think about where I buy my clothing, As hunters I feel we have the ability to force change. Sitka says they are a global manufacturer, china, Europe, US and other countries. The only tags I see on Sitka gear is made in China. My gripe for the day
Mao was trained at Yale. The entire setup of the world economy was laid out 100 years ago by big finance. So take your money out of a bank Way before you stop buying clothes from a place “we” deliberately sent all our manufacturing. Guess I should say “they”.

def90

WKR
The problem with boycots are that people on our side are generally bad at it. Sure we can stop buying a certain product for a certain reason but if we don't tell them why we stopped buying their product they will never know. The left is very effective at boycots because they will start with a letter writing campaign telling a manufacturer or retailer that if they don't stop a certain practice that they will not buy/use their product anymore and you see companies fold all the time to this tactic. What we need to do to be more effective is to send letters to manufacturers explaining that we are disappointed about x y or z practice and have decided not to buy their product any more. Eventually enough of these letters will get the message through.

Dos XX

WKR
The problem with boycots are that people on our side are generally bad at it. Sure we can stop buying a certain product for a certain reason but if we don't tell them why we stopped buying their product they will never know. The left is very effective at boycots because they will start with a letter writing campaign telling a manufacturer or retailer that if they don't stop a certain practice that they will not buy/use their product anymore and you see companies fold all the time to this tactic. What we need to do to be more effective is to send letters to manufacturers explaining that we are disappointed about x y or z practice and have decided not to buy their product any more. Eventually enough of these letters will get the message through.
This is true. I just bought a Leica 3500.com versus a Sig Kilo 8 or a Revic BR4 largely because it the only one of the three that isn't made in China. Neither Sig nor Revic knows this. My gut feeling is they wouldn't care if I told them. Maybe I should try.

I needed a pair of binocs for daily use in my truck. I wanted something around $500. I bought the Leupold BX4 because they are made in Japan vs almost every other binocular in that range being made in China.

Last edited:

Dos XX

WKR
Still trying to find Merino wool not made there

I guess a start is a start but man, how much do you spend a year on hunting clothes? Sure "every bit counts" but you harm china more if you looked at your whole life and cut out as much as you can! Even purchasing from other Asian countries is much better because most are at odds with China.

But don't worry, the US is in the process of decoupling from China for lots of things and eventually more of this manufacturing will move anyway. To countries that don't rip off every technology brought to them!

In the mean time if it's already back here, china has been paid, so if you want to make a point to sitka or whoever writing that letter is probably as or more effective than not buying.