ATLAS Cooler & Tumbler June 2016 Group Buy-- Customer Feedback

I don't care to dig through the thread. When is GotDraw getting back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

84toyota

Lil-Rokslider

If I remember right, GotDraw was due back yesterday from a hunting trip. I'm eagerly awaiting his posting once he sorts through the PAGES of comments since he left. Just curious what kind of a response he might get from the owner...

He was supposed to get back yesterday, According to the Last activity on his page he logged in today!! I'm sure he's reading through these two threads and speaking with Ben. I'm not sure there is much he can do or say that hasn't already been said indirectly from the owner of Atlas. It's clear the decision was made to not give us the coolers we paid for, at this point I'm not sure there is much Gotdraw can do.

Last edited:
OP
GotDraw?

GotDraw?

WKR
ATLAS COOLER STATUS-

All, I got back from CO around 2am yesterday (Monday) morning and went to work that day.

I just read all the recent posts and feel sickened and taken advantage of. I am just sick over what appears to be outright deception.

On 7/22 Ben Jones texted me a partial screen-shot of a shipping invoice for a large container load of coolers that he claimed also contained coolers for inventory and the Rokslide Buy. On 8/18, he forwarded me, also via text mssg, a portion of note from his "Customs Broker" stating the freight had arrived in Houston and he told me that it would arrive at his dock 1 day after being cleared by customs. The Customs Broker also asked if he/she should arrange shipping to Atlas.

In conversations with Ben just prior to leaving for my hunt, he confirmed that he anticipated he would have the coolers in days and start shipping on Fri 8/26 or Mon 8/29, such that they would all ship out while I was out hunting. I tried to reach Ben via text and phone after coming off the mountain this past weekend and have tried repeatedly since then, with no response.

I am not even going to waste the time speculating if Ben simply used the Rokslide Buy for financing, etc...

It seems clear Ben/Atlas have no intent to timely honor the numerous commitments and representations made to us.

I can only conclude the best thing to do is to cancel all outstanding orders and/or initiate dispute resolution with your card carriers as appropriate.

I do not know what else to say, except to say except that no good deed goes unpunished. I took on trying to put together this Group Buy together on 4/25/2016, after Rokslide member "cbeck36" challenged me do so. I am embarrassed that it has turned into such a cluster.

"4/25/16- Quote Originally Posted by GotDraw? View Post
Heck- Let's do a Group Buy! Maybe get it on Massdrop? For $1,000 min order, their website says they'll discount prices 25% to 40% and ship for $5.95 flat rate. THAT is a deal.
That discount structure takes their 65 quart cooler from $200 down to $150 at -25%, or $120 at -40%!
JL"

4/25/16-- cbeck36--- then replied: "Put it together."

I rue that day.

Apologies to all,

JL

ATLAS COOLER STATUS-

All, I got back from CO around 2am yesterday (Monday) morning and went to work that day.

I just read all the recent posts and feel sickened and taken advantage of. I am just sick over what appears to be outright deception.

On 7/22 Ben Jones texted me a partial screen-shot of a shipping invoice for a large container load of coolers that he claimed also contained coolers for inventory and the Rokslide Buy. On 8/18, he forwarded me, also via text mssg, a portion of note from his "Customs Broker" stating the freight had arrived in Houston and he told me that it would arrive at his dock 1 day after being cleared by customs. The Customs Broker also asked if he/she should arrange shipping to Atlas.

In conversations with Ben just prior to leaving for my hunt, he confirmed that he anticipated he would have the coolers in days and start shipping on Fri 8/26 or Mon 8/29, such that they would all ship out while I was out hunting. I tried to reach Ben via text and phone after coming off the mountain this past weekend and have tried repeatedly since then, with no response.

I am not even going to waste the time speculating if Ben simply used the Rokslide Buy for financing, etc...

It seems clear Ben/Atlas have no intent to timely honor the numerous commitments and representations made to us.

I can only conclude the best thing to do is to cancel all outstanding orders and/or initiate dispute resolution with your card carriers as appropriate.

I do not know what else to say, except to say except that no good deed goes unpunished. I took on trying to put together this Group Buy together on 4/25/2016, after Rokslide member "cbeck36" challenged me do so. I am embarrassed that it has turned into such a cluster.

"4/25/16- Quote Originally Posted by GotDraw? View Post
Heck- Let's do a Group Buy! Maybe get it on Massdrop? For $1,000 min order, their website says they'll discount prices 25% to 40% and ship for $5.95 flat rate. THAT is a deal.
That discount structure takes their 65 quart cooler from $200 down to $150 at -25%, or $120 at -40%!
JL"

4/25/16-- cbeck36--- then replied: "Put it together."

I rue that day.

Apologies to all,

JL

No worries man. I appreciate your efforts.

twall13

WKR
I also appreciate the time and effort you put into this GotDraw?. Sorry it didn't work out but I don't blame you in the least. I hope you had a successful trip on the mountain.

daddie63

WKR
I appreciate all your effort putting it together and the time following up for us all. We just all got taken for a ride. Not your doing.

Clarktar

WKR
Thanks Draw. I knew you weren't behind any conspiracy like other new members speculated. Hope your hunt went well.

Sucks, I was looking forward to a Big cooler

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Not surprised that asshole is not responding to gotdraw. Not even a this was a business decision. Walmart only took 65qt. What happened to the 80 and 3 40's I ordered? This was an outright ducking scam

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

xziang

WKR
Thanks for the information and also your effort in getting this together. Hope your hunt was a fun one and successful.

Maybe Ben will be happy to take a call from someone else on here. Want to post up his phone number for us? *smurk*

Talked with shopify and they told me they don't administer refunds. It comes from merchant. 2 weeks to issue refunds? What a ****ing scam

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Went ahead and disputed the charge. May take 30 days with AMEX.

If anyone is looking to do a group buy with a legitimate retailer, let me know. Still interested in a large 100+ quart cooler.

Atlas:All you have to do is cancel via the website if you are unhappy with delivery times. We apologize for delays but do not have enough inventory to fulfill orders until December.

Me:I will go and cancel. Trust me there will be reports to the BBB and FTC by myself and at least 50 others. I did not offer to give you an interest free loan. Thats not how this shit works. Tell the shit head owner to go **** himself!

Me (today 9/13): I canceled on 8/30 and have not received a refund. When can I expect this?

Atlas: Hi Jason,

I'm not sure how you think it works as far as getting your way but telling the company owner to go *** himself probably isn't the best approach. You can tell the 50 others the same thing, the original agreement was no cancellations after the 1st of July and delays are always possible on a back ordered item. We are working on getting everyone's refunds. .

Somehow they believe that this whole debacle is our fault. I may have crossed the line in telling the owner to go **** himself, but Im certain that I would still not have a refund from Atlas even if I was nice to them. I got my money back from the long arm of Visa but just wanted to poke the bear a little...

PA 5-0

WKR
Atlas:
I may have crossed the line in telling the owner to go **** himself, but Im certain that I would still not have a refund from Atlas even if I was nice to them. I got my money back from the long arm of Visa but just wanted to poke the bear a little...

No lines crossed. Very appropriate.

Me: While I may have crossed the line a little... The line was crossed way before that. Ben fed our group a bowl of lies throughout this whole business arraignment. That is why you are getting this backlash. I find it strange that walmart supposedly got our order but they only carry 65's. I ordered an 80 and 3 40's and those obviously are not in walmarts hands. I spoke to thebestcoolers.com and they have been waiting for 3 plus months for their coolers as well so perhaps they will get the odds and ends of our groups order. It has became very clear that your business does not have the cash flow to operate and have used a ponzi scheme of some sort to fund operations or perhaps to fund the opening of Ben's new restaurant. This has become even more clear as folks that canceled before shit hit the fan all received their refunds within a few days and I sit at 2 weeks along with everyone else. Not one person has received a refund since 8/30. Perhaps we will see them when you cash walmarts check?

Btw: The original arraignment was that our coolers were to start shipping on 7/21. This was not a back order situation. We paid upfront, were given a timeline, then lied to numerous times.

Atlas: Ok.

Our owner doesn't even deal with daily operations and the amount of money spent was, though of value it wouldn't even put a dent in any wholesale order we have. (No offense) Everyone can hate on him all they want but it's not going to help any situation. If you can see in the attachment we actually sell more than just 5 coolers. We private label, we self brand, we do promotional products. Also, Walmart has 10,000 stores, have you been to every store to check what they have in stock? Do you know when they are putting them on the shelf? The bestcooler also had to cancel an order because we are out of stock for them too fyi.

We just do not have the coolers in stock until December 18th is all. We cannot do anything about it at this point and no matter how much cussing and yelling, threatening or initiation of lawsuit will change that.

We are sorry for any trouble but if you will just wait for your refund like everyone else than all will be fine.

Zoo Keeper

Lil-Rokslider
ATLAS Cooler & Tumbler June 2016 Group Buy-- Customer Feedback

Wow, the patronizing responses by Atlas are icing on the cake.