ATLAS Cooler & Tumbler June 2016 Group Buy-- Customer Feedback

I think what he is saying, Atlas has 90 days to dispute the chargeback. The consumer gets the benefit of the doubt and gets the credit from the CC company right away.

The vendor can then counter the chargeback but has to make a very valid case.

We have them come up in our business with some frequency. About 1 or 2 a month. Out of 4000+ transactions.

No real surprise, from people who are months behind on their monthly payments as a rule. In 15 years we have "lost" only one when we provided our side of the story. Ironically it was the same or similar story we use each time. As the facts tend to not vary much.

I chalk that one up to someone got lucky that day.

If Atlas does not dispute the chargeback or is unable to provide a valid argument why the chargeback is not warranted consumer never hears about it again.

If Atlas is able to provide evidence that the chargeback is not valid and they are entitled to bill you, then you are charged again for the item.

Of course, in this case, I can't see that happening.

This is exactly the case. This is the first dispute I've ever had to make with a CC company. If some how Atlas wins and I get Charged back I will be changing CC companies and filing every kind of Fraud report I can against Atlas. For now my account will be credited within three days.

Well I made the mistake of paying with my debit card and now I am at day 68 since the purchase and my bank is telling me I had 60 days to dispute the charges. I went in on this buy with 2 buddy's and our order totaled almost $1100. I ordered $600 worth of stuff and they ordered right at $250 apiece. I have payed them back there money because I can afford it a lot more then them and I talked them into getting in on this, so I felt partly responsible. So now all in total I am out $1600 dollars and don't know what to do. Anyone have any suggestions?

I did the same and put $900 on a Credit Card. Filed a dispute today and lucky will get a credit. Had to dig into savings though to pay my buddies back the cash they were owed.

I filed a dispute with my debit card today, they said funds will be available within 10 days but atlas will have 45 days to comment back. I also got shopify involved and they are looking into his account as they said they do not permit behavior like this within their company do that might be another file you guys can comment on to get him unable to use shopify as payment method.

I just emailed them at their customer support email. They got back a few hours later and seem very helpful.

dotman

WKR
Well I made the mistake of paying with my debit card and now I am at day 68 since the purchase and my bank is telling me I had 60 days to dispute the charges. I went in on this buy with 2 buddy's and our order totaled almost $1100. I ordered $600 worth of stuff and they ordered right at $250 apiece. I have payed them back there money because I can afford it a lot more then them and I talked them into getting in on this, so I felt partly responsible. So now all in total I am out $1600 dollars and don't know what to do. Anyone have any suggestions?

Your screwed either way, get a lawyer and file a civil claim will probably cost more then $1600. If you win you'll probably just get an iou if they have no money.

You are only out 1100. You gave them there money back. There is no way puts you out 1600. I would fight the bank some on this before I get a lawyer

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

dotman

WKR
You are only out 1100. You gave them there money back. There is no way puts you out 1600. I would fight the bank some on this before I get a lawyer

He paid $1600 on the order and gave back the $500 the other two each paid, so the entire order is now his.

He paid $1600 on the order and gave back the $500 the other two each paid, so the entire order is now his.
He said his order totaled $1100. Im just restating what he said and thinking logically.

Trial153

WKR
If the total originally as 1100, and he received 250x2 (500) from his two friends upfront then his out of pocket was 600. Now he eats their 500 and refunds them. So he has an additional 500 incurred, 500+600 =1100

Just clearing the air.

Either way it sucks and it's unacceptable.

Yea so the total was 1100. They gave him $500. He gave it back. That in no way means he is out $1600. Unless he paid for the coolers all himself upfront and then said I will pay you the money you NEVER gave me for your troubles. If that's the case then there then he is one great friend...

If the total originally as 1100, and he received 250x2 (500) from his two friends upfront then his out of pocket was 600. Now he eats their 500 and refunds them. So he has an additional 500 incurred, 500+600 =1100

Just clearing the air.

Either way it sucks and it's unacceptable.
Well said! Yea it is unacceptable and his bank should cover him. I hope he rattles some cages at the bank and it works out.

robtattoo

WKR

Ask your been to fill out the dispute forms anyway. I had the same thing with my bank here in TN. I was at 70 days & was told that 60 was the cutoff.
I just had the money refunded this morning.

J Ferry

FNG
Yea so the total was 1100. They gave him $500. He gave it back. That in no way means he is out $1600. Unless he paid for the coolers all himself upfront and then said I will pay you the money you NEVER gave me for your troubles. If that's the case then there then he is one great friend...

Ya I'm an idiot sometimes and didnt think that one through. I was pissed when I posted and wasn't thinking clearly. So yes I'm only out $600. Luckily my wife has a good friend who is high up with my bank and she's looking into it, so fingers crossed.

I know from past experience that a lawyer would end up costing way more in the long run, so not going to even mess with that and just going to hope the bank can do something on there end.

Just cancelled order today. Got an email back right away through shopify. Hopefully I will have time int he next few days to file a dispute, since that seems to be the only way to get your money back.

I guess I will save my money and go buy a Grizzly cooler that is made here in Iowa. They seem to be a stand up company, at least they deliver product to retailers.

wyosteve

WKR
You guys might keep your eyes on Cabela's as well. I picked up a 110 qt. Cabela's Polar Kap, made in U.S. They had a 10% off sale, plus an extra 10% in points if you have their credit card. Sale was a few weeks ago, but may surface again.

Sky1926

FNG
Yea I'm on a week since cancelling, still no money, credit card disputed filed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I canceled my order about 2 weeks ago, then disputed with m card about 1 week after that. I got a call from the bank about the dispute, saying that they have to give the vendor 15 days after order cancellation to provide a refund before they can initiate a chargeback.

So moral of the story - don't bother trying to cancel the order. Just file a dispute straight with the bank.