And so it begins....

260madman

WKR
Reek wants to save the world. He was such a pro 2A guy when he was Governor of Massachusetts. While signing gun control bills “Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts“. “These guns are not made for recreation and self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people”. Must have had weekly killings with ARs to take such drastic measures, right?

Murkowski and Collins? RINOs and can’t be counted on to do their jobs. Remember the Kavanaugh hearings and the storming of the chambers? Oh, but that’s different. Weak minded fools is what they are.

Public lands, blah blah blah. I’ll just hunt with a bow, blah blah public lands. Once the government is emboldened because the citizenry can’t fight back and are neutered they will run roughshod over them. Your public land will be government land and you shall not have access to the king’s animals that reside on it.

rayporter

WKR
scary times. i think all biden voters should automatically turn in their automatics.

it has already been stated above. none of their background check stuff will work with out full registration of every gun in the country. now i am sure that will be hard to do, and many wont comply, but if you dont comply what will you do when you go hunting and the nice officer of compliance or the wildlife officer says "papers please"

or when you apply for your hunting license you must produce your registration papers.

Also there may not be the votes in the Senate to pass any anti-gun legislation.
Obama had a majority in the Senate, House and Supreme court for the first 2 years and there were not enough votes back then...even with 3 majorities of Democrats.
I sure hope so!

I wish I could still say in the region where I reside now that anyone other than white people were on our side, unfortunately I don’t believe that to be true at this time, actions are speaking louder than words, glad you know people from other demographics that have strong patriotic values!

I don't know where you're from but generalizing everyone of a different race as "not being on our side" sure as hell isn't helping you.

j33

WKR
I'm from Canada and echo what a previous person said, any type of registration of guns ultimately will result in confiscation in future years. Best thing all you guys can do is buy memberships in at least one for more of your pro lobby groups. Our main group the CCFR is attempting a legal injunction of freedom of rights being unconstitutional against the government and it's actually gaining alot of attention from people that are traditionally against firearms since they have no clue. There are signs that it's cracking, but then all of a sudden today the federal government gave municipalities the right to ban handguns....

This battle is just starting, even if they lose this one get ready for the long haul and a lifetime of fighting this. There is a world wide push to disarm civilians in the rich nations.

Wvroach

WKR
For the ones saying "he doesn't have the votes" or "I'm not concerned". I think you fail to realize the dangerous precedent left under Trump.

We allowed the bumpstock ban to go through arbitrarily rewriting what meets the classification of a machine gun because "nobody needs that" and "it's a novelty" etc...

With this precedent set and the courts refusing to take up any case related to it, what makes you think they won't enact "gun control" in a similar way?

MattB

WKR
For the ones saying "he doesn't have the votes" or "I'm not concerned". I think you fail to realize the dangerous precedent left under Trump.

We allowed the bumpstock ban to go through arbitrarily rewriting what meets the classification of a machine gun because "nobody needs that" and "it's a novelty" etc...

With this precedent set and the courts refusing to take up any case related to it, what makes you think they won't enact "gun control" in a similar way?
Because a bump stock is an accessory that is unnecessary to use a firearm. Unlike a gun or even a magazine.

Wvroach

WKR
Because a bump stock is an accessory that is unnecessary to use a firearm. Unlike a gun or even a magazine.
If it is a accessory as you claim how does it integrally change a firearm to meet the definition of a machine gun?

Per atf, a bumpstock does not meet this criteria anymore than my belt loop or finger do...

Any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger

def90

WKR

Except that they used a bump stock to change a legal definition of what constitutes automatic fire without going through congress to do it.

MattB

WKR
If it is a accessory as you claim how does it integrally change a firearm to meet the definition of a machine gun?

Per atf, a bumpstock does not meet this criteria anymore than my belt loop or finger do...

Any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger
It's pretty clear really. Per the ATF, "...bump stocks fall within the definition of “machinegun” under federal law, as such devices allow a shooter of a semiautomatic firearm to initiate a continuous firing cycle with a single pull of the trigger."

Wvroach

WKR
It's pretty clear really. Per the ATF, "...bump stocks fall within the definition of “machinegun” under federal law, as such devices allow a shooter of a semiautomatic firearm to initiate a continuous firing cycle with a single pull of the trigger."
You are obviously uneducated on how a bumpstock works. The trigger is depressed and released for each release of the hammer, it does not continually cycle unless you depress and release the trigger each time. Atf definition listed above.

204guy

WKR
I'm neither here nor there on bump stocks but that definition is absolutely false. Would easily be disproven in court with slow-motion video.

Wvroach

WKR
You are obviously uneducated on how a bumpstock works. The trigger is depressed and released for each release of the hammer, it does not continually cycle unless you depress and release the trigger each time. Atf definition listed above.
A way around it that came with a letter from the ATF approving it's usage lol...

Wvroach

WKR
Screenshot_20210217-142646.png

Maybe this will help... Atf arbitrarily banned a piece of plastic under direction of president Trump. It really isn't to complicated to see, my argument isn't about usefulness of bumpstocks, I'll agree they are a novelty item IMO but that doesn't change the fact that the atf bypassed congress to change a "law" to fit their political needs.

The real issue is the precedent it set forth that any other object now using executive power can be deemed a "machine gun" clearly without meeting the definition of such.

*zap*

WKR
the past is history and tomorrow a mystery.

focus on today and we know today that very anti gun folk have control of the federal government and quite a few state governments. They will try to disarm us all. So, decide whether you will cave in and kneel or stand up like a man and then plan/prepare accordingly.

it is a very bad situation and most folks do not even have a clue how bad it is....as evident when reading people thoughts on this.

bump stock ban or not if Trump was in the white house today we would not be talking about a gun ban.

Wvroach

WKR
the past is history and tomorrow a mystery.

focus on today and we know today that very anti gun folk have control of the federal government and quite a few state governments. They will try to disarm us all. So, decide whether you will cave in and kneel or stand up like a man and then plan/prepare accordingly.

it is a very bad situation and most folks do not even have a clue how bad it is....as evident when reading people thoughts on this.

bump stock ban or not if Trump was in the white house today we would not be talking about a gun ban.
Never was a trump fan, it was kind of the choice between shot in the gut and slowly die or take one to the head. His support of bumpstock bans and red flag laws lost me. I did vote for him twice, once hopeful that things would change, the second time because he was the lesser of two evils, still not sure how we degraded to a point our best 2 candidates were trump and biden...

I will agree that we all need to be on a united front to fight what's coming.

All gun control is unconstitutional, the citizenry should freely be able to own any kind of arms they see as best suited for their needs.