An interesting article on what will be a very hard fight

ODB

WKR

Be very wary of anyone pushing to 'democratize' something. That is essentially a euphemism for "we want more control over something we currently don't'

Nosferatu

Lil-Rokslider
I'd say the number of bear encounters out here after doing away with the Spring bear season has debunked this.

But you can't talk to or reason with an anti-hunting idealist. They simply *know* they are right.

OP
ODB

ODB

WKR
The exact reason for their push to introduce wolves, ban cat hunting, ban bear hunting, etc. Been saying it for years and here it is.

several popular TV hunters would call you a conspiracy theorist, but look, if they can get wolves AND it hurts hunters in any way, shape or form, well, what's not to like?

People seem to forget about the law of (potentially) unintended (but very welcome) consequences...

Sled

WKR
I just read that today. I feel bad for the sportsmen/women in the state. It's a real good reminder for other states to protect what you love.

I also feel bad for WA hunters. Elections have consequences. Honestly “Wildlife for all” seems like an anti-hunting group operating under the premise of “democratization” of wildlife management.

Check out their partnerships and make sure to stay clear of any of em. It's about all we can do if it doesn't affect us

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

jmez

WKR
several popular TV hunters would call you a conspiracy theorist, but look, if they can get wolves AND it hurts hunters in any way, shape or form, well, what's not to like?

People seem to forget about the law of (potentially) unintended (but very welcome) consequences...
Several on this site would call you the same thing.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Check out their partnerships and make sure to stay clear of any of em. It's about all we can do if it doesn't affect us

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk
Their partners is a long list of animal rights groups across the country and some law firms that operate in partnership with said groups.

If you live in a state with a governor appointed or elected fish and game commission watch out. They will come for your state next. Non-hunters outnumber hunters, so they have an advantage getting their folks appointed to those positions.

Not sure how to defend against it other than having hunting in the state constitution. Or not letting Democrat animal rights activists move to your state.

In Washington the percent of the population that hunts and has any idea of “conservation” is very small.

gabenzeke

WKR
This is all you need to know about "Wildlife for all" and their stance toward hunting and hunters.
At the bottom of this page they include an email address to report any factual errors. I debated sending an email, but I only read a little of their site and found it to be nearly devoid of fact. So I guess I'll save the energy and skip sending an email they wont even read. It pains me to see people display such willful ignorance.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

deltadukman

Lil-Rokslider
"Tension between the two camps was palpable at the Colville meeting, says Commissioner Kim Thorburn, a retired public-health physician from Spokane and self-described “non-hunting hippie from San Francisco.”

Thats the issue. California nut jobs moving out of the ruins they created on the left coast and pressing their wack job ideas on the next place they intend to destroy.

tdhanses

WKR
I bet this actually spreads to more and more states in the next 30 years, 40 years from now I doubt hunting is around, have a hard time seeing fishing go away but maybe. Add on top of this article the increases in the costs across the board and pro hunting individuals are going to shrink and shrink each and every year.

drra

FNG
It is difficult to understand the priorities of some anti-hunting groups. Is it to help wildlife or is it to end/alter the sport of hunting?

dsotm

Lil-Rokslider
I also feel bad for WA hunters. Elections have consequences. Honestly “Wildlife for all” seems like an anti-hunting group operating under the premise of “democratization” of wildlife management.
They're getting exactly what they voted for