An interesting article on what will be a very hard fight

OP
ODB

ODB

WKR
It's pretty easy to scoff at conspiracy theorists. Although it seems to be happening in real time in Washington.

Correct.

If anyone wants to hear how this works, straight from the horse’s mouth, just go listen to mark Marons podcast with Barack Obama.

In the interview he explained how, when it’s not possible to get what you want right away, all you have to do is change the direction slightly and over time you will get there. The metaphor he uses was turning a large ship. All you have to do is turn it 1-degree and just let it sail. This is the much maligned (but very real) slippery slope - which is not a logical fallacy, it’s a tactic.

This is precisely how the left works, turn a policy 1 degree and wait. As a reminder, Obama entered office as a “traditional marriage” candidate. Where are we now?

I’m not trying to make this a political argument , I’m just an explaining how policy change is effected. It’s the camels nose under the tent, the foot in the door, etc. and it takes lying and deceit to make it work. The left has both in spades.

OP
ODB

ODB

WKR
A cpl key points.

".... a new majority of the Washington commission doesn’t recognize those pleas as a problem. They’re among an insurgent type of wildlife official that wants to transform state fish-and-game departments across the country into agencies that “emphasize the intrinsic value of individual animals and healthy ecosystems.”

"But with the appointment earlier this year of three “preservationist” commissioners in Washington, reformers now hold a 5-4 majority on the board. In March, they succeeded in closing Washington’s spring bear season, despite recommendations from agency staff that the hunt was ecologically sustainable and despite opposition from Thorburn and three other commissioners."

“Individual animals”. That’s terrifying. And it won’t stop at hunting.

Again, the slippery slope tactic…next they want to democratize farming.

“Individual animals”. That’s terrifying. And it won’t stop at hunting.

Again, the slippery slope tactic…next they want to democratize farming.
There is a whole lot of quotes and statements in that story that should raise the hair on every hunters neck. Make no mistake, these groups are no longer in the shadows and in the planning stages. They are out in the open with their ideologies and are implementing them as we watch.

Reactions: ODB

FLATHEAD

WKR
I been saying for 20+ years,,,,people better wake the hell up!!
And I was simply called a tinfoil hat / insert every name in the
book.
Course, I'm just an Appalachian Troglodyte, what do I know?

And BTW, go vote today!!! For the R ight candidate!!!

This isn't a conspiracy theory, and today it is very clear that it was never a conspiracy theory. I live in WA and this is the sad reality, and make no mistake, this will not stop in WA. These anti hunting groups will only get more powerful and aggressive with each passing year and they won't stop until they've infiltrated every state government. These people are unhinged and will do whatever it takes to accomplish their goals, no matter what rural economies get destroyed or how long it takes.

Btaylor

WKR
Can someone find a way to fit hunters into the identity-based persecution, throw their own tactics back at them? I identify as a hunter. I have ancestral hunting traits that I need to exercise or else I feel marginalized.

It just seems like the science-based conservation approach is a little too malleable to be the hill we are willing to die on.
I think I could successfully argue that prohibition of hunting would infringe on my freedom to exercise my religion as a Christian.

That is scary. I was thinking I wanted to start a career change and get into wildlife biology and game management, but that article has me thinking I wouldn't be able to handle the conflicts

tdhanses

WKR
Sad for the people of Wa. But if they ban hunting i will still get my meat each year just have to do it more discreetly and i am sure a lot of rural people in Wa. Will as well.

I agree with others if no hunting then no reason for us to have guns will be the next thing pushed.
Gun rights aren’t related to hunting.

TSAMP

WKR
They already do that all over the country. Iowa City, IA, has had "sharpshooters" controlling urban deer herds for years. The libs over in that part of the state don't believe that us "fuds" can hit our targets without wounded deer wandering around the cities. In contrast, the somewhat less liberal Des Moines city leaders have supported urban bow hunts for many years now.
Quad Cities also allows urban deer hunts. Didnt know about IA city but there is a absolute giant of a deer on campus. Pics circulating Internet.

Britt-dog

Lil-Rokslider
"Tension between the two camps was palpable at the Colville meeting, says Commissioner Kim Thorburn, a retired public-health physician from Spokane and self-described “non-hunting hippie from San Francisco.”

Thats the issue. California nut jobs moving out of the ruins they created on the left coast and pressing their wack job ideas on the next place they intend to destroy.
Despite her California roots, and non hunting hippie description, Kim Thorburn is one of the most pro hunting advocates on the WA commission. Reread the article, she is squarely on our side.

Despite her California roots, and non hunting hippie description, Kim Thorburn is one of the most pro hunting advocates on the WA commission. Reread the article, she is squarely on our side.
Yes I was somewhat confused about her self description in comparison to many of her quotes in the article

TheHammer

WKR
The problem is when the pendulum swings too far one way and does not re-center itself or swing back, extremism happens. When enough people get pushed too far…..