A few gel tests

280Ackley

WKR
These are a bit out of my wheelhouse but I would do a round of 85hh 140vldh and 145lrx if wanted. It's a pita to ship ammo, loose bullets if you are interested.

I bought 12lb of gelatin from Amazon for $~190 this year and I have been remelting it in a double boiler. Reheating is a bit of a chore but much cheaper than buying new. A complete series, setup-shoot-analyze-cleanup-remelt takes me about 5hrs. It is kind of a mess and stinks up my garage for several days. If you are planning to do this yourself the gelatin has to be kept cool so it does not mold but also not freeze.
Heck I gave OH13 $50 for dollar store food, I’d be willing to pitch in for some new gel!!

OP
E

eoperator

WKR
The first tests posted 2-24 were done on new gel all others up to this point have been used gel. As Form stated in post above used balistic gelatin does not pass fbi standards so take the results as you feel necessary.

The bb shot into this block penetrated 7.4cm so it is out of fbi standards.

I retested 77tmk 103eldx that were in 1st posting and added 6.5 berger hybrid (eh in previous test).

OP
E

eoperator

WKR
A couple thoughts from last few tests,
-Pics did not do justice to the Damage made by the 225eldm, block was obliterated it busted 2' square of 3/4 plywood under it.
-Small sample size and not direct size comparison but the barnes lrx shows more damage than hammmers