.223 for bear, mountain goat, deer, elk, and moose.

Black hills 5.56 77 tmk fits and cycles perfect in my AICS mags. Shot two pigs a few weeks ago with it and had no issues. I can measure it tomorrow if it makes you feel better ordering it, but you’re good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No worries, ill take your word on it. Figured itd fit. Already have like 800+ rounds of the black hills tmk, but just ordered a chassis that takes aics mags.

FWIW I’ve been trying to get @Ryan Avery and @robby denning talked into funding an AK Coastal Brown Bear filmed .223 77TMK expedition for this thread and this site.

PLEASE help them be convinced to send me and @Formidilosus
and a cameraman to AK kill a coastal brown bear with the .223!
@Formidilosus
I'd love to see that happen.
Maybe the Administrators could open a crowd funding page where we could (all) contribute.
I would be in.

My wife has had a lot of success with the 110 grain factory Barnes loads in her little single shot CVA takedown. With a can, it's super compact and not intimidating to her in the least. Glad to hear others are having good experiences with it as well.

I only have one whitetail down with the 223/TMK combo... but the results made me a believer. I will be primarily be using it next season when I can actually hunt again. This thread convinced me to try it, as it did so many others.
Agree on both. I have had really good and repeatable results with the 300BO Barnes 110 combo in several different rifles on whitetails, armadillos, coyotes, ect. Always accurate too.....like unbelievable 1/2moa accurate in several barrels and never over 1.25moa in anything to date. Typically blood trails and exits also.........BUT I dare say they have ran less with 73 ELD and 77 TMK so far. Little to no blood typically but it has not been needed in the small sample size I have experienced.

Its really the same concept as the the thread topic. Low recoil, effective and enjoyable to practice with.

Those CVA scouts are pretty sweet too!

problem is with the CM in the name, we sent so much shade that way over the years....

That’s true, but even @Ryan Avery had to come around and shoot the 6.5cm. @Dioni A also finally got on the 22CM for his deer hunting. You should come to the shooting week in June, then you can see how the .22’s perform….. jus sayin 😗

That’s true, but even @Ryan Avery had to come around and shoot the 6.5cm. @Dioni A also finally got on the 22CM for his deer hunting. You should come to the shooting week in June, then you can see how the .22’s perform….. jus sayin 😗
Every time I've disagreed with form I shortly afterwards figured out that I was wrong. For whatever that's worth @robby denning. Lol

Edit to add. 88gn ELD-M are nasty on a mule deer. I'll send you a video.

problem is with the CM in the name, we sent so much shade that way over the years....

The 22 creed doesn't have the same name as 6.5
And if a guys is totally honest.
The creedmoors are quite nice 🙂

Altho if I must be honest. I sold my 6.5 so I could fund a 223. So yes I dived in head first. My only hunting rifle now is a 223 for everything in North Idaho. I'm excited

so you hunted this year with it?
A friend of mine did and I was with him when he took a nice buck. I emailed you a 10 second video with some supporting pictures. I don't have any way to upload it here.
It was an impressive amount of damage. There was an honest almost 4-in hole through this deer. With significant trauma going well past that width.
@Unknown Munitions is building me one right now
Screenshot_20240117_112252_Gallery.jpgreceived_697950778871032.jpeg20231010_165826.jpg

Back