.223 for bear, mountain goat, deer, elk, and moose.

today's posts are why this thread is headed for a million. lol. my dad and I almost got in a fight over this thread hahahahah

the S2H podcast is trying to get me to switch to this caliber. I'm holding on for dear life to my magnum, but they continue to hack away.

My dad looked at me like I had horns growing out of my head when I told him the 22 creed I’m putting together was gonna do all my hunting next year after finally reading this thread and not just skimming over it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
If I’m not mistaken, Black Hills has come the most recommended.

I’m cheap and lazy so I shoot the 73 ELDM
Well. I bought 1,000 rounds of black hills 77 TMK from @h2so4 last night. He shipped them out this morning. He also was slightly lower than the current lowest price online.

We’ll give them a go when my tikka .223 is out back together. Just waiting on the rokstock at this point.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
My dad looked at me like I had horns growing out of my head when I told him the 22 creed I’m putting together was gonna do all my hunting next year after finally reading this thread and not just skimming over it

Hahahahaha. It’s hard for non-Rokslide people

fwafwow

WKR
Well. I bought 1,000 rounds of black hills 77 TMK from @h2so4 last night. He shipped them out this morning. He also was slightly lower than the current lowest price online.

We’ll give them a go when my tikka .223 is out back together. Just waiting on the rokstock at this point.
I’ve also purchased TMK Black Hills from @h2so4. Great guy.

Shraggs

WKR
Thank you for being the voice of reason. Surprising to me how defensive and critical people can be relative to an opinion. Well, I have learned that new readers are not very welcome.
I don’t know if you’re a younger man. But in my professional world and sporting endeavors I’ve noticed some younger generations feel strongly their opinion matters. I’m just not sure where that comes from.

Your opinion doesn’t matter. Facts do. Sorry.

The opinions you stated were actually portrayed as fact, in fact conclusions. Now neither are factually true. And that is the reason the for the aggressive pushback.

Many have come here with opinion. Some held their beliefs but never came off as condescending and dismissive. Many had their eyes and beliefs shattered and enjoying lethality in such a low recoil system. But they actually read the data, all of it.

Those that demonstrate in their posts they have not read yet feel their opinion must be heard and it trumps 300 pages of objective contribution is going to get pummeled, rightfully so.

Up to you, whether you take it personally, and run or except some advice, and spend a couple of weeks reading…

I’m interested to hear how they shoot for you. I posted groups somewhere in this thread or maybe another… but the BH 77TMK sucked for me. Maybe it’s the lot? I’d blame myself but when I can easily fire 10 rounds into 1.5” dot with 77SMK FGMM, and UM 77TMK in the same session…

... My hunting mentor, God love him, is a fudd. 308 with barnes or 45/70 PERIOD. Anything "less" is stupid. He has started coming around to the 300 blackout barnes combo after the last couple years and after this year he was silent on way home about the 77TMK. Thats a win at this point haha....

My wife has had a lot of success with the 110 grain factory Barnes loads in her little single shot CVA takedown. With a can, it's super compact and not intimidating to her in the least. Glad to hear others are having good experiences with it as well.

I only have one whitetail down with the 223/TMK combo... but the results made me a believer. I will be primarily be using it next season when I can actually hunt again. This thread convinced me to try it, as it did so many others.

Last edited:
OP
P

PNWGATOR

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Open mind.

Dive in.

Simply trust the process that’s gotten us here.

Tobe_B

Lil-Rokslider
Can anybody tell me the coal of the black hills 77tmk? Im checking to make sure they fit in aics mags. Assuming they will. Id measure myself but im out at sea. Never used a chassis but thinking about getting a mdt hnt26

Black hills 5.56 77 tmk fits and cycles perfect in my AICS mags. Shot two pigs a few weeks ago with it and had no issues. I can measure it tomorrow if it makes you feel better ordering it, but you’re good to go.