.223 for bear, mountain goat, deer, elk, and moose.

Lawnboi

WKR
A friend of mine did and I was with him when he took a nice buck. I emailed you a 10 second video with some supporting pictures. I don't have any way to upload it here.
It was an impressive amount of damage. There was an honest almost 4-in hole through this deer. With significant trauma going well past that width.
@Unknown Munitions is building me one right now
View attachment 658703View attachment 658704View attachment 658705

77tmk?

That bullet at creedmoor speed creates a hell of a mess. 77 starting at 3k at 100 yards took out 3 ribs, going in, and made it all the way to the off side hide.

Personally I’ll keep hunting with the 22 creed and the 77tmk.

H80Hunter

WKR
Has anyone shot the Stand1Armory 77 TMK ammo?

Also, stupid question, what does RCP mean? I just want to make sure I don't order something that won't fit a mag or something. I have a stock Tikka and the Stand1 stuff says 223 Rem RCP 77 TMK...

KHNC

WKR
You may have a tough time buying the Stand1 ammo. Their website is crap.

fwafwow

WKR
Has anyone shot the Stand1Armory 77 TMK ammo?
Yes, but not hunting. Here's my post (https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/223-barrel-length-speed.325173/post-3391495) of the velocities of that an others. It was the fastest.
You may have a tough time buying the Stand1 ammo. Their website is crap.
I think that I posted about this in another thread (in a reply to you) that they told me this was a temporary situation due to a cyber attack and it has been fixed. Have you tried it since then?

KHNC

WKR
Yes, but not hunting. Here's my post (https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/223-barrel-length-speed.325173/post-3391495) of the velocities of that an others. It was the fastest.

I think that I posted about this in another thread (in a reply to you) that they told me this was a temporary situation due to a cyber attack and it has been fixed. Have you tried it since then?
No, i tried twice around that time, then bought the Black Hills ammo. I probably should go back and try again tho! THanks!

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Shoot2HuntU
The 22cm / 88eld combo is impressive and fun. Silly ballistics for 8 ft lbs of recoil.
After a conversation with @Formidilosus and seeing what my buddies did, then running the numbers for myself It feels stupid to do anything else if you care at all about shootability and watching impacts. I don't think enough value is placed on spotting an impact and making a perfect second shot. Nobody's first shot is guaranteed. There is no cartridge better than this one that is commercially available if you care at all about the balance of high performance and shootability.

CBB1

WKR
How did the numbers you ran compare to the 6cm? I would’ve thought anyone stepping up from the 223 would end up in the .243/6mm cartridges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Koda_

Lil-Rokslider
preface: if this has been answered here please share the page number or post number.

The only questions I have about using very small light bullets, ones not typically considered large enough... lets say for example a 223 caliber on a large bull elk to be specific.

I well aware it doesn't take much to kill most anything in the right situations.

Lets say your hunting bull elk with a 223, you see a nice huge trophy bull and take the shot. Your typically a good shot but maybe its not a perfect broadside target or something and you hit large heavy bone. How will a tiny 223 be affected with a heavy bone hit? How will increasing distance affect the same hit?
100yds?
200yds?
300yds?
400yds?
How far out would you go?

preface: if this has been answered here please share the page number or post number.

The only questions I have about using very small light bullets, ones not typically considered large enough... lets say for example a 223 caliber on a large bull elk to be specific.

I well aware it doesn't take much to kill most anything in the right situations.

Lets say your hunting bull elk with a 223, you see a nice huge trophy bull and take the shot. Your typically a good shot but maybe its not a perfect broadside target or something and you hit large heavy bone. How will a tiny 223 be affected with a heavy bone hit? How will increasing distance affect the same hit?
100yds?
200yds?
300yds?
400yds?
There are some good examples in the thread, if you read it, of the TMK going through heavy bone at a variety of distances.

Shraggs

WKR

100yds?
200yds?
300yds?
400yds?
The price for this knowledge costs you the time to read it all. Trust it will be more efficient

mt100gr.

WKR

100yds?
200yds?
300yds?
400yds?
As mentioned, you really do need to read the thread in its entirety. Absorb the progression through the pages and give it time to soak in.

OP
P

PNWGATOR

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I wonder how a 22-250AI with 90 grain ATips @ 3300fps would fare?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I’ve had inconsistent terminal performance with the Atip on big game and stopped using them all together due to the degree of inconsistency I experienced.