2024 Cold Bore Challenge Plans

I did not play last year, but i plan to shoot this year.

I have a training rifle in a caliber I modified off the old .222rem-mag. The gun is nearly identical to my custom 6.5PRC and the DOPE is very close to that of the 6.5CM. I shoot weekly (for work and play) and have been bear hunting all spring, so I'm planning to push myself.
I will re-create my Montana mule deer shot from last season at 601yds.

Macintosh

WKR
Went to check out a bunch of spots that I thought could work for a cbc. Drove south to the national forest, which is the only public land where shooting isnt explicitly illegal here. I stopped at three different places first, and couldnt get more than 200 yards, maybe a touch more, out of any of them, it was just too thick and we havent leafed out even a little yet so this is as good as its going to get. Last spot was the one I thought most likely. The road in is still gated, but its snow free as of a couple days ago. With all my gear in a pack I mountain biked 3 miles uphill to get there, stashed the bike, and hoofed it through the woods about a mile to a beaver meadow that is just right. There’s one spot where I can get a little over 500 yards out of it, but it has you shooting at the bank of stream that looks to me like it could get people fishing it once in a while, so I’m not crazy about that. In the other direction I can get 430 yards out of it though and have good visibility if some random person comes stumbling through the woods anywhere nearby. So I guess I’ll use a position that makes 430 yards a realistic challenge.
Set up this rock on the way by as a test target. 1st shot knocked it right over.
IMG_4175.jpeg
IMG_4184.jpeg
Since I guess we have to post video testing this here.

Last edited:

Marty

Lil-Rokslider
Following. Looking forward to this summer’s challenge!

Ucsdryder

WKR
Prizes so far

Swaro ATC
Outdoorsmans Tripod
Stockys Stock(your pick)
Rokstok
Gift Certificate from UM
More to come
Oh snap! Those are some legit prizes right there!

We might need a minimum post count to get some FNGs to participate in the forums more!