Youth rifle to keep

Dave0317

WKR
I got a Tikka Compact in .223 for my 10 year old to hunt with. When he isn’t using it, I do!

It’s a great little rifle and has a stock spacer so it will fit an adult once you add the spacer back in.

If your state requires bigger than 223, then go .243. But don’t underestimate how much more enjoyable the sport is for a kid when the recoil is not scary.

While I am an admitted Tikka fanboi, for this particular issue I would build a custom gun. That being said, this option will be about $3K more than just outfitting a stock Tikka Compact.
The gun I would build would be on a Pure Precision SKLTN or Terminus action, chambered in 22, 6, or 6.5 Creed (depending on your particular state's laws and personal preferences), and put in a lightweight chassis (HNT26 or XLR Element). Top with a good scope (Maven, Trijicon, etc.).

That would be a rifle that is fully adjustable as she grows, will continue to be able to shoot to her capabilities, and will be bomb-proof. It will also be something that you can use if she decides that hunting isn't for her once she discovers boys, but will still be relevant if she decides that she wants to come back to it, or she finds a boy who also likes to hunt and she wants to impress him with a gun that will be much better than anything he has.