your good (or not so good) customer service interactions of late

intunegp

WKR
During my third hunt wearing my Stone Glacier Dehavilland pants, one of the "grommets" that snaps the cargo pockets closed came almost completely unstitched and is dangling/unusable. I'm not hard on these pants and don't keep anything in those pockets that I need to access in a hurry so it's not like I've ripped the pocket open under stress for the three weeks I've worn them.

Tried to email the SG warranty address listed on their site, my email failed/returned to sender from three different accounts. Emailed their info address from the site four days ago and no response so far. Going to give them a call soon, but we're not off to a great start. I'll update if/when I get in touch with them.

During my third hunt wearing my Stone Glacier Dehavilland pants, one of the "grommets" that snaps the cargo pockets closed came almost completely unstitched and is dangling/unusable. I'm not hard on these pants and don't keep anything in those pockets that I need to access in a hurry so it's not like I've ripped the pocket open under stress for the three weeks I've worn them.

Tried to email the SG warranty address listed on their site, my email failed/returned to sender from three different accounts. Emailed their info address from the site four days ago and no response so far. Going to give them a call soon, but we're not off to a great start. I'll update if/when I get in touch with them.
I can't say I've had a warranty interaction with them but I have talked to them on the phone about technical questions a few weeks ago and they were great for that.

tony

WKR
Can I just say the U.S. postal service is a hot piece of shit and needs to be put out of business and ran by a private outfit.
I ordered a saw from Minnesota and it was close 3 weeks getting to WV.
GF received court papers for some guy on the other side of town. Nothing in the address matched accept the city and zip.
The lazy bastards can’t even walk a package 2 doors up to my neighbor. They leave it on my doorstep.
I got mail for someone in a town on the other side of the county. I took it to my post office and the counter girl was like oh well with a stupid look on her face.

If this was any other business they would be out of business

intunegp

WKR

Just wanted to provide an update. Stone Glacier responded 5 or 6 days after my initial email and offered to replace the pants. Thumbs up to them as the old ones are still totally useable so I'll now have a backup.

Voyageur

WKR
Springbar Tents = Great customer service
Received my new tent and when setting it up in the yard discovered two of the poles were the wrong size. Called Springbar on the spot and the phone was answered on the second or third ring by a person with first hand knowledge of the tent. After answering a couple of his questions he ascertained the problem and what was needed to fix it. Told me to email a picture of the wrong size poles and he would get replacements out to me ASAP. I took pictures on the spot, emailed them, and in less than 5 minutes received a confirmation email that my replacement poles were on the way. Three days later they were delivered.
A++ customer service in my book

Reactions: OMF

kickemall

WKR
Ruger. Recently called them about purchasing a compact stock for a rifle for my granddaughter. They asked how old she was and a week later I had one at no cost, not even shipping. The CS rep said they try to support youth shooting. Made me a huge fan of their company.

I have a few to share:

Seek Outside - Had a hole in my SO flight bag in a weird location (not sure how it happened but was probably my fault) and an abrasion spot on my revolution frame panel (I’m the third owner but they didn’t even ask about that). Emailed their repair department and sent both for repair. Flight bag was patched up and they sent a new revolution frame panel free along with the old one as backup, I guess. I did pay for shipping to them but not only was there no cost for repairs or return shipping (either of which I would’ve gladly paid), they also threw in a few accessories I needed for free.

Garmin - my watch was 3 years and a few days old (warranty was only 1 year) and was dying with 30%+ battery or whenever GPS was used. I was about to buy a new watch but decided last minute to reach out to Garmin tech support to see if they had a way to fix it. Instead they offered a replacement at no cost. Arrived a few days later.

Slik - the bolt holding one of the legs worked loose while strapped to my pack and a whole leg disappeared somewhere in a tangle of catclaw and oak brush, turning my tripod into a bipod. Called their CS, connected to replacement parts guy. He verified my needed parts and details and said it would arrive in a few days. I think he forgot to send it out so I called again to check a week or two later and he sent it out and arrived within a couple days, no cost to me although I would’ve been happy to pay. Once in hand, I loctited the heck out of it.

Last edited:

BBob

WKR
Mountain Tactical. Called and left a message looking for a Tikka part. Called me back and were very cheerful and helpful.

Two recent experiences

Nemo:
Back in October had a new sleeping pad arrive that wouldn't hold air. Nemo quickly sent me an RMA and a shipping label. After confirming receiving the return they notified me that they were discontuing that model and I would have to wait until the new model was available with no estimate of when that would be. Today, 3 months later, I received the new model which functions perfectly. Overall good service, just wished they would have offered a refund instead of having to wait 3 months.

Caldwell:
Just ordered some shooting supplies, everything arrived except the two steel plates. Everything was marked as being the in the same shipment but UPS marked the shipment as damaged. I assume the heavy steel plates broke out of the box at some point. I contacted customer service after finding the plates missing and a week later still no plates or any response from Caldwell customer service. Don't love that.

TOAKS USA. Lost the bail to my 750ml pot. They sent me a replacement for $3.50 including shipping. They actually shipped before I paid the invoice I had them send to my PayPal.

Rudes

FNG
I’ve always had great customer service from Sitka, they have repaired or replaced anything I have ever filed a claim on at no charge other than shipping and they always throw in a free hat.
I wish I could say the same for Kuiu, I absolutely love their gear but they did not want to repair a rip in on of my jackets, would only send me a patch.

2ski

WKR
I’ve always had great customer service from Sitka, they have repaired or replaced anything I have ever filed a claim on at no charge other than shipping and they always throw in a free hat.
I wish I could say the same for Kuiu, I absolutely love their gear but they did not want to repair a rip in on of my jackets, would only send me a patch.
I mean I guess if you rip your jacket on something I don't think it's up to Kuiu to fix it for free. Stitching coming out ok. But catching it on something and ripping it?

Ikmclean

Lil-Rokslider
Howa / Legacy sports, I had a bottom metal break on a rifle, I emailed Howa to get a price on a new one before buying used on eBay. The rep just asked for the serial on the rifle and an address. New one was delivered with no charge within the week.

Rudes

FNG
I mean I guess if you rip your jacket on something I don't think it's up to Kuiu to fix it for free. Stitching coming out ok. But catching it on something and ripping it?
I completely agree, however I was wanting to pay to have it fixed, Kuiu’s solution was a patch. It works but I’ve seen Sitka go above and beyond to repair items they really don’t have to.
I really do like Kuiu’s gear and will continue to purchase it, I just wanted to share my experience of what I believe to be great customer service.

2ski

WKR
I completely agree, however I was wanting to pay to have it fixed, Kuiu’s solution was a patch. It works but I’ve seen Sitka go above and beyond to repair items they really don’t have to.
I really do like Kuiu’s gear and will continue to purchase it, I just wanted to share my experience of what I believe to be great customer service.
Gotcha. OK I'm with you now.

finner

Lil-Rokslider
I emailed Stone Glacier on Friday with a picture of a pair of two year old gaiters, one of which had separated at the bottom seam at the end of bird season. I asked if it was repairable or covered under warranty. I had an email back from them early this morning asking where to send a new pair, no shipping charges or anything.

Q child

WKR
Lately, at Sportsman's Warehouse, the credit card reading computer has been forcing me to answer a survey question BEFORE I pay. Which just seems so weird. I don't want to answer any survey questions, and it seems really underhanded to me to force me into it before I can complete my business. Then, there is the added frustration that I always feel compelled to rate my experience highly, because there are good folks who work there, and they do as good a job as one can expect in a box store. It's just lame.

Mer19

Lil-Rokslider
Albiet for relatively minor issues, I have had good experiences with Kuiu customer service.
A pair of baselayer pants had a couple tears at seam. They sent a new pair with a request I return the originals at my convenience.
Today I emailed to inquire about ordering a replacement set of load lifter straps for my several year old, well used pack. Within an hour or so they had responded that a set would be mailed out right away.

rayporter

WKR
a fellow that has made a certain very popular piece of rifle equipment had supposedly quit making the product.
i have heard rumors for a couple years that you can no longer get the product. my old one broke and on a whim i sent him an e mail. rumors of him never responding and what ever, taking weeks to get it, etc.

he responded in 2 hours and said he was way behind because of health issues. and he would send me one when he could get time and to expect 2 weeks delay. send payment when i receive it.

"please do not tell anyone or post that i am working!!!"

he is one of several i know that are old [very] and old school. they dont expect payment until you get your order.