your good (or not so good) customer service interactions of late

TX_Diver

WKR
I bought a leather belt from Relentless Tactical a few years ago. Comes with a lifetime warranty.

Some stitching at the end of the belt was starting to come undone so I sent them a message through their website. They replied same day saying it was covered and sent a shipping label to exchange it.

Will update if anything goes haywire but otherwise they seem to standby their lifetime warranty claim.

I filled out the contact form on vortex optics to say a scope cover wasn't opening properly and they responded that with a tracking number saying a replacement was on the way. They didn't ask any questions, just sent it.

The V on my older Bog Pod shooting stick broke at the base of the V. I emailed them and they finally responded asking for my information. A reply came in that they had a replacement for me even though my model was discontinued. Today I came home and a box was on my porch with a brand new shooting stick in it. Way above and beyond what I asked for since I simply requested another V to screw on to my existing stick. I sent an email to the guy immediately thanking him for the replacement.

Ordered two different sized meat lugs from LEM. They sent two, but both the same size (and more expensive size). I needed the shallower one to fit under my grinder. Gave them a call and they shipped me the shallow one I originally ordered free of charge and told me to keep the extra.

sveltri

WKR
I’ve had 3 customer service interactions in the last month; Hornady, Unknown Munitions, and Seekins. Every one of them I would rate as outstanding.

Bought some Barnes ttsx and the ballistic tips were way off center and the edge on one side was crushed a bit. I emailed them asking if I should be concerned. They said they have tested them and they were still accurate but offered to send me another box anyway, even though i hadnt asked! Was very happy with their response.

Wyo_hntr

WKR
I discovered the buckle portion of my Stone Glacier dehaviland lite pants completely frayed and almost detached. It must've been caught on the agitator in my washer. I contacted SG via email with some pics and asked how much to fix it, they emailed a shipping label and said send it in. It was repaired and shipped back in like two weeks free of charge.

Can't ask for better than that.

My buddy sent me a NEBO Mycro Headlamp about 6 months ago. It came with a broken switch but still worked if I used something to push the switch.

I sent NEBO an email explaining the issue and that I had no receipt. The next day I received an email; they were sending out an new one and a week later there was a new headlamp at the front door. And they told me to keep the old one. Now I have ANOTHER headlamp for the pack....and this one won't turn on accidently....

Cheers

SS

rayporter

WKR
thermarest leak. pad was one of the first they made with a metal valve. i sent it in for a patch and they sent a new replacement. i bet they put in in a display somewhere as an antique.

Voyageur

WKR
Seek Outside = Excellent Customer Service
Doing some fine tuning on pack fit during this off season and needed a couple extra pieces of closed cell foam to try out and see how they affected pack fit and comfort. I also noticed I had lost one of the end caps for my frame extension pieces. Seek Outside customer service promptly responded to my email and the next day had the foam and end cap headed my way all at no cost to me.
A+ for customer service

northernalpine

Lil-Rokslider
@peax_equip shipped me a missing headlamp battery within 24 hours of notification with no questions asked - outstanding service!

@Unknown Munitions customer service hooked up a small surprise discount after having an issue ordering a stock on their website - outstanding service!

Wyoboy321

FNG
I emailed Berger lately for some load data for 6.5 PRC. They replied I swear in less than a minute with the data requested. Very impressive.

Remington92

Lil-Rokslider
Bought my first suppressor a griffin explorr 30cal and had my hunting rifle threaded to use it. Was in a hurry and didn't have an alignment rod to double check barrel threading job. First shot smacked 3 baffles and the end cap. Sent it into griffin whose warranty specifically says the wont cover bad bore alignment and will be charged for repair service which I was fine with.

They looked it over and said it wasn't their suppressor or mount that was out of spec but went a head and fixed it free of charge and had it back in about 5-6 weeks which included Christmas/new year holiday shutdowns ! I now own alignment rods and will probably have more griffin cans in the future

Longleaf

Lil-Rokslider
Shout out to SLR Rifle works, lost a detent out of an adjustable gas block and they sent me a rebuild kit on the house. Second positive experience with them, both on account of my negligence.

ianpadron

WKR
Scooped a Henry Big Boy All Weather in 44 mag from a fellow member.

Upon inspection noticed a tiny hairline crack in the butt-stock that neither I, nor seller noticed in original listing photos.

First CS agent at Henry I talked with thought I should pay for it since there was no way to ensure it was actually NIB unfired...understandable. But when I checked back in later that day, as I was told billing would reach out for payment, the lady I spoke with said not to worry about it, she'd get it sorted. Quick call to Henry and they had a new stock in my hands in less than a week, no cost.

Will definitely continue to lean their direction for lever guns, CS like that doesn't exist like it used to.

jamesmc8

Lil-Rokslider
Trijicon has excellent customer service and communication. Highly recommended.

MattB

WKR
TightSpot quivers. One of the carbon rods cracked during air travel a few hunts ago. I used baking soda and super glue for a temporary fix which got me through a few hunts, and finally called today to get an RMA number.

During the process I asked the CS rep if they would be replacing both rods, and he said yes. I then asked if I could cut the other rod down so it would fit in a smaller box (finding a box that fits a quiver is a PITA). Heck yes. After my “modifications” I was able to get the hood, gripper and mounting bracket into a small USPS box which saved me $10+ in shipping. Easy peasy.

Fire_9

WKR
I sent in a Colorado Tripod Company ballhead for repair and told them the issue was my fault and would pay for it. I paid to ship it there but they repaired it and sent it back free of charge. I was pretty impressed.

MattB

WKR
Props to TightSpot Quiver for their warranty work. One of the carbon rods on my quiver was broken during airline travel and they sent me back a quiver with more new parts than I expected - promptly and at no cost (other than shipping the quiver to them). Friendly staff who made the process as simple as possible.

Absolutely stellar service from Feather Friends! I've called them a couple of times with questions about sleeping bags, sizing, etc. They are always quick to answer the phone, and in NO rush to get you off the phone. They really want to understand your needs, educate you about their products, and help find the best fit for you - not upsell you. Each time I've contacted Western Mountaineering, they have been painfully slow to respond (to emails) and sound like they have no interest in talking or actually helping you when on the phone.