your good (or not so good) customer service interactions of late

Bucsfan69

FNG
Josh at Eurooptic had to be the best sales/service rep I’ve ever dealt with! Practically instantaneous response to any email… will definitely do business with them again.
Another shout out to Jordan at American Edge Knives!! I will give them my business any day over Blade HQ or Knifecenter

Erict

WKR
Tactacam - called them 3 times in the past few months. A few technical glitchy things with some Reveal X/XB cell trailcams and a few technical questions not addressed on their website or FAQ. All calls quickly answered, by very knowledgeable staff who were both clear in their instruction and patient. I'd give their customer service an A+.

I had a great customer service experience picking up my new tent Friday morning at [mention]Davis Tent [/mention] in Denver. Taylor helped me make sure I got everything I need. It’s pretty cool to see where they make the tents and Taylor has a real beast of a bull on the wall there that’s worth seeing if you’re in the area.

mavrick

FNG
Case has lost a longtime customer. My wife bought me a Case pocket knife for Christmas 2021. When I opened it the blade were sharpened uneven, I cleaned those up. But I got to noticing the back strap wouldn’t lay flat with the blades open, the gap between the blade ends had big gaps. One bolster had a flat spot.

it was a knife that never should have left the factory. Took Case 3 months to answer my email and 3 months to get it back to me. Process took almost a year. When they returned it no repairs were made despite detailed color photos of the issues. They did throw in a cheaper knife to make me happy.

Case knife is not what it once was!

I think customer service is a thing of the past , I’m fighting with Keen right now a pair of boots that is terribly uncomfortable the last eight pairs I have bought have been great. Now they don’t want to warranty boots that have been worn a dozen times
Good luck I fought with keen last year. Wore them twice and they didn’t want to help at all.

2ski

WKR
It's not something alot of guys here probably use, but Final Rise has great CS. I emailed a question and that evening got a response drop Matt the owner. Great interaction. And if anyone needs a bird vest, they are awesome.

mi650

WKR
I ordered some misc. stuff from Wilson Combat, when I got it, a couple small items were missing. I sent 1 email and the missing items were in hand 3 days later. :)

Total value of about $5, so it probably cost them more to ship.

Glenn Seekins and crew were great to deal with. Had a pair of 30mm lows that are 10 or so years old. They've been on an accurate 22-250ai for a couple years now. Last time out with the rifle it shooting all over the place. Took a look at it and the front ring was cracked. Emailed a pic to seekins and they had a new set on the way pretty quickly.

tony

WKR
Shipping in general
Bought 2 batteries from sport dog: Fabulous service from the young lady I spoke with on the phone.
Shipping will be a week she told me. Seriously?! I live 5 hours from Knoxville TN, their home base.
I bought a watch out of Georgia last week, it shipped yesterday.
I have bought stuff from England that has arrived faster than things in the U.S.

I have had so much bad service in the last three years I can’t even stand to think about it. I live in a small town where one would expect good service. “Hello” “thanks” “have a nice day” “can I help you find something” things I expect to hear in every store. That seems to be vanishing. I live 20 minutes from town and hired a guy to service my mini split that had a leak. He and a helper came out and cut two copper lines, re flared them and charged the system. $580 I could have almost replaced the whole unit for that. He was ok charging $85 an hour for a helper to stand and watch. I have been in construction my whole life and owned my own business for a lot of it. That was wrong for him to do. People are busy and don’t care anymore. Accept ace hardware , they are nice 100% of the time here 😂 rant over.

hunterjmj

WKR
I have had so much bad service in the last three years I can’t even stand to think about it. I live in a small town where one would expect good service. “Hello” “thanks” “have a nice day” “can I help you find something” things I expect to hear in every store. That seems to be vanishing. I live 20 minutes from town and hired a guy to service my mini split that had a leak. He and a helper came out and cut two copper lines, re flared them and charged the system. $580 I could have almost replaced the whole unit for that. He was ok charging $85 an hour for a helper to stand and watch. I have been in construction my whole life and owned my own business for a lot of it. That was wrong for him to do. People are busy and don’t care anymore. Accept ace hardware , they are nice 100% of the time here 😂 rant over.
Residential HVAC puts the screws to people. I worked 5 years in it before moving to the commercial side. I felt guilty giving people bills because it was highway robbery. I got out for the reason you just mentioned. If it wasn't for commercial refrigeration I would have found a different trade.

Four relatively recently:
Leupold. Swapped scopes at the last minute and needed a new CDS cut for the swapped to rifle. They took my info over the phone and had it in my hands in 5 days. Awesome

Leupold: Had a really old pair of binos that wouldn’t focus. I was hoping to give them to my grandson. I called and got a return authorization and two weeks later a new pair ( upgraded) was delivered. Awesome

Vortex: Bought a used pair of Vortex binos. When I received them the focus was so tight it wouldn’t turn. When I called CS to describe the issue the young lady who took my call said I was wasting my time describing the circumstances. She said “sir you don’t understand, we repair/replace no matter what happened”. She said they had replaced equipment that had been in house fires, fallen down mountainsides, etc. she said they’re only requirement is that they have to be able to identify it as their product. Awesome

KUIU: I called to to see if I could buy a few quick disconnect strap holders for my KUIU packs as spares. She said she couldn’t tell me where to buy any, but she could send me some for free. Three days later a package was delivered with twice the quantity I’d told her I needed and all at no cost. Not even postage. Awesome.

TheTone

WKR
Not outdoor related but customer service/crummy product. My less than 3 year old fridge already seems dead, 2+ hours with the service tech yesterday basically got nowhere except him saying he wasn’t sure and to call back today if it wasn’t working still. Store has basically zero sympathy for the product they sell being a crapshoot

Marble

WKR
I recently had an issue with OnX regarding a billing issue. Within 5 minutes of sending an email, I was refunded, and an email came from customer service, saying they reversed the charge and fixed the issue so it would not happen again.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

jake0621

FNG
Scheels price matched a mystery ranch pack that a website had on sale, even though they weren't a brick and mortor store, took 1 minute to show them the website and I saved $145 and didn't have to wait for the UPS guy. That's just the most recent experience, they are always awesome to deal with.

I have always had good experiences with Airguns of Arizona since I have many airguns along with powder burners. They are the Sports Match dealer here in the U.S. so the Tikka T3X folks can get their rings from them easily if in stock. They say it's the Tikka guys that clean them out quickly.