Wyoming shed hunting update

Correct. Parts is organs, meat, etc. My point is all that has been classified that way for a long time, so this is setting no precedent.

Why was it classified that way, I have no idea. Probably because the demand was for organs and meat and not elk hide and antlers. No one gave a shit about antlers until fairly recently, at least from a buying perspective.

Sheds aren't wildlife, simple evidence would be that you can sell them, unlike any other wildlife parts. That precedent has been there for a long time. Your second paragraph doesn't make any sense given how antlers have been treated for the past, well ever.

I have shed hunted in WY a lot (MT resident). I have personally had residents physically confront me for "working too hard" for sheds...whatever that means. We were very successful. I do understand why WY residents want this bill, especially on the western border with UT. I don't see how it is enforceable on federal lands, but on the state owned WMA's they can do whatever they want. If you actually want to blame someone, blame Utah-based shed-fluencers whose only use to the earth is either working for a credit card collection company or making videos....
First off, I completely agree with you about the social media ‘influencers’ and the massive negative impacts they are having in all sorts of things hunting related, including shed antlers. They are taking us down a terrible road that leads to less opportunity for all.
secondly, I think you missing my main point… here’s the question: WY wants to ban NR from hunting shed antlers in thier state on federally owned lands. What jurisdiction do they have to do this? The Answer is absolutely none. Unless, they somehow decide to classify them as wildlife and then regulate their harvest through the game and fish. That’s the only mechanism they have to implement their wishes and that’s exactly why they did that. I’m just trying to point out the terrible precedent they set by doing this. As it relates to the private land public wildlife tenant. Also, realize this is NOT something the WYGF or their wardens asked for or were/are ever in support for. instead IMO it was a misguided legislative action that was signed by a Governor that may feel good to Wyoming residents for a short amount of time but will soon lead to massive unintended consequences.

S.Clancy

WKR
secondly, I think you missing my main point… here’s the question: WY wants to ban NR from hunting shed antlers in thier state on federally owned lands. What jurisdiction do they have to do this? The Answer is absolutely none. Unless, they somehow decide to classify them as wildlife and then regulate their harvest through the game and fish. That’s the only mechanism they have to implement their wishes and that’s exactly why they did that. I’m just trying to point out the terrible precedent they set by doing this. As it relates to the private land public wildlife tenant. Also, realize this is NOT something the WYGF or their wardens asked for or were/are ever in support for. instead IMO it was a misguided legislative action that was signed by a Governor that may feel good to Wyoming residents for a short amount of time but will soon lead to massive unintended consequences.
We agree on the Federal lands part, I'm not sure how they will manage that. However, on the state owned or state leased WMA's they can do whatever they want. I disagree with the precedent you think it is setting, other than them being beholden to their residents.