Wyoming corner crossing

Idaboy

WKR
Newbergs Hunt Talk podcast had 2 disscussions on this last year, and and a part 3, updated discussion this year with legal analysis...it's worth a listen

this is far from over....Big money in ranches and real estate industry that this could have ripple effect on, this is far from over, and I suspect big money will lobby states to change their trespass laws..... But the 7.5 figure is outlandish, that said, should hunters prevail, his land may not be worth what he thought it was, but that's his own fault

grfox92

WKR
The accused were on the Meateater podcast telling their story. I'd recommend looking it up and listening to that episode.

The part that seems to get left out whenever this topic is discussed is this;

The cop who arrested the guys, told them for I believe 3 consecutive days when the landowner called the police on them, that they were legal and to continue to cross the fence as they had been. On the 4th day, the county DA told the officers superior to arrest the hunters and charge them with trespass.

Imagine being arrested tomorrow by the police officer who told you to do what you were doing today?

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Idaboy

WKR
The accused were on the Meateater podcast telling their story. I'd recommend looking it up and listening to that episode.

The part that seems to get left out whenever this topic is discussed is this;

The cop who arrested the guys, told them for I believe 3 consecutive days when the landowner called the police on them, that they were legal and to continue to cross the fence as they had been. On the 4th day, the county DA told the officers superior to arrest the hunters and charge them with trespass.

Imagine being arrested tomorrow by the police officer who told you to do what you were doing today?

Interesting, but then again, police don't decide the law

Carpet Capital Shyster

Lil-Rokslider
Saw this article today and thought I'd share. Not sure there's really any updates here, but an interesting read none the less.

Can anybody with knowledge explain why that article refers to the prosecutor as “former district attorney”. Did she get beat in a contested election? Resign? Maybe the article is wrong? The Wyoming bar directory still lists her as an employee of the Carbon County DA’s office.

Idaboy

WKR
True, but they enforce it. And how I remember it, even his superiors said it was legal until the DA got involved. The case was thrown out, not guilty and that DA resigned.

Agee, just goes to show you how political pressure can sway the law.

grfox92

WKR
Can anybody with knowledge explain why that article refers to the prosecutor as “former district attorney”. Did she get beat in a contested election? Resign? Maybe the article is wrong? The Wyoming bar directory still lists her as an employee of the Carbon County DA’s office.
I'm almost positive that she resigned. It's possible that she just didn't run for re election but I remember it was very obvious that it was for reasons related to the corner crossing disaster.

grfox92

WKR
Also I thought there was a very long thread that followed this case here on Rokslide.

OP
awbowhunter
Also I thought there was a very long thread that followed this case here on Rokslide.

This is just one. Looks like there's a half dozen or more threads about this case.