Wyoming Arms Suppressors

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
5.5” @ 8oz that’s hearing safe is intriguing…
Could you point me in that direction…?

The GA Precision Jäger and AB Raptor are two, but I wouldn’t suggest any of them that are under 6’ish inches in the US market right now except for extremely specialized uses- and no, hunting isn’t one.

Dudes are losing their minds over an inch or two, and sacrificing what actually makes a suppressor worthwhile, to get that inch and 2-4 ounces. Cut one more inch off your barrel, and you can have a suppressor that actually makes a noticeable difference and the weight evens out. The 25fps lost on MV for an inch shorter, isn’t keeping anyone from an animal at the same range anyways. If it is, those people don’t care about an inch in length.

woods89

WKR
The GA Precision Jäger and AB Raptor are two, but I wouldn’t suggest any of them that are under 6’ish inches in the US market right now except for extremely specialized uses- and no, hunting isn’t one.

Dudes are losing their minds over an inch or two, and sacrificing what actually makes a suppressor worthwhile, to get that inch and 2-4 ounces. Cut one more inch off your barrel, and you can have a suppressor that actually makes a noticeable difference and the weight evens out. The 25fps lost on MV for an inch shorter, isn’t keeping anyone from an animal at the same range anyways. If it is, those people don’t care about an inch in length.
Have you used the AB Raptor? A suppressor is my next firearms purchase and they have intrigued me. Is the reflex a gimmick?
I'd probably be looking at a 4 or 6 stack for a 6.5 Creedmoor and a 223.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Have you used the AB Raptor? A suppressor is my next firearms purchase and they have intrigued me. Is the reflex a gimmick?
I'd probably be looking at a 4 or 6 stack for a 6.5 Creedmoor and a 223.

Ryan Avery has some, and I have been around them a decent amount. Reflex done right is not a gimmick- it’s how hunting suppressors should be made. It’s that historically suppressors available in the US sucked (save the Ops Inc.).

woods89

WKR
Ryan Avery has some, and I have been around them a decent amount. Reflex done right is not a gimmick- it’s how hunting suppressors should be made. It’s that historically suppressors available in the US sucked (save the Ops Inc.).
I have seen Ryan Avery's in photos, can't really miss it what with being painted "It's a boy!" blue. I know awhile back he was fairly happy with it.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
I have seen Ryan Avery's in photos, can't really miss it what with being painted "It's a boy!" blue. I know awhile back he was fairly happy with it.

They’re fine as a can.

The jump in performance from a shorter than 6’ish inch can to a 6.5 to 7 inch can that weighs 10-12oz is such a jump that I would not buy a can for hunting based on an inch and a few ounces. I have extremely short cans- they do not get used for hunting.

woods89

WKR
They’re fine as a can.

The jump in performance from a shorter than 6’ish inch can to a 6.5 to 7 inch can that weighs 10-12oz is such a jump that I would not buy a can for hunting based on an inch and a few ounces. I have extremely short cans- they do not get used for hunting.
Makes sense. Much appreciated!

ElPollo

WKR
I have an AB Raptor 8 stack (6.3” and 8 oz) with a 3” reflex (~1.75 oz). The modularity was the key thing that drew me to it. It was the one centerfire can I needed because I could run it with the reflex on my harder kicking guns and drop the reflex on the smaller guns to save weight. You can also change end caps for smaller calibers.

It’s still the one can I need, but I don’t really use that modularity. The reflex greatly reduces both noise and recoil and I prefer not to use the can without it. It also pushes the balance back toward the butt a bit and makes the can feel less heavy than an equivalent can that is all forward of the muzzle. And the changeable end caps, well, I don’t see a need to muck with that.

Attachments

• AE5DE7E3-DADF-470E-A061-E5A763FAB4DB.jpeg
    AE5DE7E3-DADF-470E-A061-E5A763FAB4DB.jpeg
    547.5 KB · Views: 71
  • CC77350E-3CC7-411C-AD87-93370F3C6047.jpeg
    CC77350E-3CC7-411C-AD87-93370F3C6047.jpeg
    245.3 KB · Views: 70

wilkup

FNG
I'm stuck at the specific barrel length for now since it's of the CF variety. Will definitely be going shorter with my next one though.

I have an AB Raptor 8 stack (6.3” and 8 oz) with a 3” reflex (~1.75 oz). The modularity was the key thing that drew me to it. It was the one centerfire can I needed because I could run it with the reflex on my harder kicking guns and drop the reflex on the smaller guns to save weight. You can also change end caps for smaller calibers.

It’s still the one can I need, but I don’t really use that modularity. The reflex greatly reduces both noise and recoil and I prefer not to use the can without it. It also pushes the balance back toward the butt a bit and makes the can feel less heavy than an equivalent can that is all forward of the muzzle. And the changeable end caps, well, I don’t see a need to muck with that.
I am really liking the idea of the reflex to get some more usable lenght.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
Put some round through it today, I’m impressed for the package.

Again, this is coming from a Cooper 92 280AI with a radial muzzle brake.

Muzzle blast is all but eliminated, noise is very much decreased, and recoil may even be better. I shot it 7 times with no hearing pro…didn’t bother me in the least. I’m sure it’s not 100% hearing safe, but it accomplished my goal. Added 2.25” and about 3.5 oz (weighed suppressor at 4.5 oz, will weigh removed brake tonight).

LdVkijK.jpg

F2199A78-15FB-4F18-910C-9D67F40E4A93.jpeg

Macintosh

WKR

Muzzle blast is all but eliminated, noise is very much decreased, and recoil may even be better. I shot it 7 times with no hearing pro…didn’t bother me in the least. I’m sure it’s not 100% hearing safe, but it accomplished my goal. Added 2.25” and about 3.5 oz (weighed suppressor at 4.5 oz, will weigh removed brake tonight).
To clarify, you have one of those doohickeys (technical term) that allows the suppressor to slide back over the barrel, so it's 4 or 5 inches of suppressor, but only adds 2.25" to the barrel length? Total suppressor weight including doohickey is 4.5oz?

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
To clarify, you have one of those doohickeys (technical term) that allows the suppressor to slide back over the barrel, so it's 4 or 5 inches of suppressor, but only adds 2.25" to the barrel length? Total suppressor weight including doohickey is 4.5oz?

No doohickeys, my muzzle brake was 1.75", suppressor is 4". Removed muzzle brake, added suppressor, lengthened riffle by 2.25".

JGRaider

WKR

LdVkijK.jpg

View attachment 507161
So, you bought a suppressor that's not hearing safe, and it "accomplishes your goal"? Seems like you'd want one that actually works, and a 4" version won't. I'm sure it's better than nothing, but that's about it. Glad it's yours and not mine.

WYcoyote

FNG
Looks like it works as advertised. Nice to see a smaller design, I don't care for the huge things on a hunting rifle.

Great way to break it in too. Thanks ChrisAU.