Looking for Opinions on the New Banish MeatEater Suppressor

WKR
Have you searched the forum for opinions on Silencer Central??? I wouldn't buy ANYTHING from them regardless of what you thought the can was like.
Do you have alerts set for Silencer Central topics? Im honestly impressed.

Have you searched the forum for opinions on Silencer Central??? I wouldn't buy ANYTHING from them regardless of what you thought the can was like.

But why? I can read lots of people saying, “don’t use Silencer Central!” But I never see specifics. I used them for my first purchase. They have been a bit slow, but at the time I didn’t have an easier option nearby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard pass. It's $1300, not particularly light for a sub 6" suppressor, and I really doubt that brake is very effective. Backcountry seems like a better choice from the banish line. The Scythe is more attractive than both IMO - should offer better suppression and recoil reduction at a lighter weight and lower cost.

But why? I can read lots of people saying, “don’t use Silencer Central!” But I never see specifics. I used them for my first purchase. They have been a bit slow, but at the time I didn’t have an easier option nearby.

My Banish Backcountry and Banish 46 just shipped today from SC to their Pa dealer.....should have them at my doorstep within a week. I have had no real issue with SC other than a bit slower than I first thought but was mostly due to it being a trust and the gov't being the gov't.

Certainly, everyone has the Ford/Chevy/Dodge/Toyota (you pick it) is the best and the rest are junk opinions. We all know how it works. Seems we all paint a picture with very broad strokes. It's unlikely many will wear out a suppressor of any brand and they all are better than no suppressor. Eyes and ears, everyone's perceptions are different.

I read that entire thread before I used them for my first purchase (two Banish 22’s).

With Silencer Central, I started the process July 12, added a couple of weeks of my own delay due to moving and needing to get the fingerprint cards back to them, and expect my suppressors delivered to my door next week. Apart from my own delay, the local law enforcement notification process has been the hang up so far. They could probably streamline that part.

I used Silencer Shop for my second purchase, a Scythe Ti. I had to drive more than an hour to get to the closest store. I started that on September 19. I’ll see how the process compares.

Until I have them all in hand, I don’t have anyway to compare them except Pew Science.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
@markuslanders
"How do you think the recoil reduction will compare to standalone muzzle brakes?" Isn't it something like a good muzzle brake is a 60% reduction typically? The normal cans are about 30%, why bother with the brake for that 10% at the expense of more noise and more stuff to futz with & weight?

"Do you expect the sound suppression to be on par with other hunting-focused suppressors like the Thunder Beast ULTRA 5 or Banish Backcountry?" Everyone I've seen post has regretted buying these ~5" cans in retrospect, they're still too loud. Better to chop an extra inch or two off your barrel (if length is a concern) and go with at least the ~6.5+" cans minimum imho.

"Considering the weight, is the muzzle brake feature worth the added ounces over a lighter suppressor?" Doesn't seem worth it to me and just more stuff to futz with. On the mentioned 6.5 creedmor I think most any decent suppressor with be fine on recoil.

I read that entire thread before I used them for my first purchase (two Banish 22’s).

With Silencer Central, I started the process July 12, added a couple of weeks of my own delay due to moving and needing to get the fingerprint cards back to them, and expect my suppressors delivered to my door next week. Apart from my own delay, the local law enforcement notification process has been the hang up so far. They could probably streamline that part.

I used Silencer Shop for my second purchase, a Scythe Ti. I had to drive more than an hour to get to the closest store. I started that on September 19. I’ll see how the process compares.

Until I have them all in hand, I don’t have anyway to compare them except Pew Science.

I don't recall all what was in that thread. I wouldn't be afraid to use silencer central if they had something I wanted and I wasn't deterred by a little longer than necessary wait or possibly getting my suppressor without the hub adapters that were supposed to be included with it and having to wait longer. As I see it, there are other options where those issues can be avoided. I've used capital armory and they aren't without the CLEO notification delay either but they submitted my application promptly.

WKR
Banish silencers are extremely low quality. Almost anything else is better.
Did you ever try the impact/strap wrench on your banish that was mentioned in the other thread?

I've probably only got 1k rounds through mine but I'm paranoid about it locking so I mess with it periodically.

Kurts86

WKR
If I was going the silencer central route I would just buy a Backcountry Banish.

If this is your first suppressor just order something decent and in stock to get the ball rolling. It’s too easy for analysis paralysis to roll into months or years.

WKR

WKR
Silencer central = No
Meat eater = No
Over 10 ounces = No
$1300 + $200 Stamp = Hell no

Scythe ti or DD Enticer Sti would be better options in both performance and price.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Did you ever try the impact/strap wrench on your banish that was mentioned in the other thread?

I've probably only got 1k rounds through mine but I'm paranoid about it locking so I mess with it periodically.
No, I just gave up for fear of damaging the thing. I just put it on my wife's gun and jus pretend its a fully sealed 7" silencer.

Diced

WKR
I don't, have shot one multiple times though. Brake is gimmicky on the banish and the scythe in my opinion. I'd research silencer central before committing to them.
If you get the 3 port one for the Scythe it actually works really well for big cartridges. I've shot it quite a bit on a 28 nosler and a 9.5 lb 300 Norma mag and it did way more than I thought it would.